Who will be better in 2024? Sydney or GWS?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there's much between Sydney, GWS, Carlton and Melbourne this year to be honest.
I just can't see Sydney or GWS beating Carlton or Melbourne at the MCG in September.
A lot to play out for the Blues. Need to get our clearance game back up and running before we go worrying about finals etc. We look to be a decent turnover team in 2024 but our strength is always going to be scoring from clearances when we are up and going due to the lack of initial support for teams down back in 6/6/6 vs Curnow and Mckay.

If we can't find that magic formula in the middle again once Walsh is back I wouldn't think we'll be much threat to anyone big home crowd or not.

No worries.

Giants & Swans finish top 2 and beat the others at home in Prelims.

Your scenario is then moot
Do you think Giants finish above Swans?
I think Giants go further in finals because the Swans have a soft underbelly.

I don't think there's much between Sydney, GWS, Carlton and Melbourne this year to be honest.
I just can't see Sydney or GWS beating Carlton or Melbourne at the MCG in September.
Yep. The comp is so close now that the MCG is a massive advantage for Vic teams on GF day. Interstate sides really need to hope they play another interstate side on grand final day.

Yep. The comp is so close now that the MCG is a massive advantage for Vic teams on GF day. Interstate sides really need to hope they play another interstate side on grand final day.
I'm sure AFL House would love a Sydney vs GWS grand final.
High TV ratings with lots of eyes on screens in NSW.

I think the giants are the best team in it, but I do worry they lack depth outside their best 22 compared to other top sides.

Back