Social Who's on your BigFooty "ignore" list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a particular word for the sort of people who give a s**t about the draft when their team is sitting in third spot on the ladder and it's the middle of June. Well, there's two particular words. One is "recruiter". The other rhymes with "punt" and is filtered to "campaigner".

Like, if your team is s**t, it makes perfect sense. Melbourne fans should absolutely be all over the draft this year. We're in the running for a premiership ffs. Who gives a s**t who we're going to pick with our pick in the mid-teens?

Completely agree.

There is some worthy content in there, though. Not so much because that sort of thing occupies my every thought about footy (it occupies almost none at this time of year), but the discussion on Bellchambers and Pears' roles is interesting. Fodzilla made some good points especially.

I was really into the draft and draft prospects a few years ago, but that was when we were completely s**t. I stopped caring because I realised that most of the players don't make it at senior level. Also, all of the information you gather is from people who base their opinion on someone's who's barely seen them play live.

There's probably some really good posts from some really good posters such as those two and ant.

No way known am I sifting through pages of s**t from morons like Yoda and KA to get to those gems though.

Like RIG, I used to lap that s**t up, too, even long before I was on BigFooty.

But I also lost interest when Gold Coast (and then GWS) came in, essentially turning it into a draft for them alone.

I might get back into it in 2014, but I'll always have a void from 2010-2013 for the drafts, whereas up until recently I could recite the top 15's of the 2000-2008 drafts.

I was really into the draft and draft prospects a few years ago, but that was when we were completely s**t. I stopped caring because I realised that most of the players don't make it at senior level. Also, all of the information you gather is from people who base their opinion on someone's who's barely seen them play live.

Ive often wondered about that.

How do so many people have such strong opinions on up and coming players. I barely have enough time to follow seniors, let alone juniors from all different states, yet some posters claim to know every strength and weakness of about 200 kids.

Trouble for me is knowing which opinions are worth listening to.

How do so many people have such strong opinions on up and coming players. I barely have enough time to follow seniors, let alone juniors from all different states, yet some posters claim to know every strength and weakness of about 200 kids.

ant555, Humble Minion and foj1 are three guys that watch a lot of junior footy from our board.

Otherwise it's just others regurgitating second hand information.

Like RIG, I used to lap that s**t up, too, even long before I was on BigFooty.

But I also lost interest when Gold Coast (and then GWS) came in, essentially turning it into a draft for them alone.

I might get back into it in 2014, but I'll always have a void from 2010-2013 for the drafts, whereas up until recently I could recite the top 15's of the 2000-2008 drafts.

Yeah, I lost interest right after the Heppell draft.

I only know that we drafted Joe and Will Hams last year. At the beginning of the season when I was picking my Supercoach team, I thought Ollie Wines was a mature-age recruit.

Mainly cause they just base it off the guys who are professional or amateur scouts. When the U/18 Championships come along they all have their favourites just from reading about it and only focus on them when watching the games.

You can usually tell who knows their stuff because they'll go in-depth rather than just say they're good looking or a spud.

So its much the same as the resident ASADA experts then?

I figured as much. Mind you, it's how most choose a horse in the Melbourne cup. That and colours.

I've tended to know the west aussie indigenous kids better than most, but thats the extent of my junior knowledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV was the one poster who could tempt me into the List Management thread as the last poster. I opened it up, and saw Flogstone Flogony arguing that Myers was in the same bracket as Cale Morton and Rhys Palmer.

Me

Dead

BrunoV was the one poster who could tempt me into the List Management thread as the last poster. I opened it up, and saw Flogstone Flogony arguing that Myers was in the same bracket as Cale Morton and Rhys Palmer.

Me

Dead

Not to mention he has Myers and Gumby at a rather large level of spudiness due to the fact that they've had shocking runs with injury.

Bomberswarm2 is about 4 more bad posts away from the ignore trigger.
Until he and Sneaky started posting I'd never considered ignoring anyone (except maybe fishardansin's avatar)

Bomberswarm2 is about 4 more bad posts away from the ignore trigger.
Until he and Sneaky started posting I'd never considered ignoring anyone (except maybe fishardansin's avatar)

Likewise, those 2 were my first (and only) 2 to be ignored. I hadn't even considered it until I read this thread but I have seen the light already.

No more (ten times over)

IN: 5 random players in the reserves or on the injured list
OUT: 5 random players, many who have been in the best over the past couple of weeks

I don't know why it is, but Sneakyjetta reminds me of that KrispyKreme rapper kid from Youtube.

Reminds me of my 2 year old daughter who is not really educated on topics she speaks about but has a crack anyway, and changes her mind every 5 minutes. At least you can forgive that in a 2 year old.

Reminds me of my 2 year old daughter who is not really educated on topics she speaks about but has a crack anyway, and changes her mind every 5 minutes. At least you can forgive that in a 2 year old.

Wait....
Can she type?
CHECK THIS MAN'S IP! I think we've found who Sneakyjetta is.

Itchmint5 getting close..... pretty much every recent player thread:

"If you had to lose one, who would you keep? Player Thread Player or Player X?"

Can't see him adding much else. Only new so will give him time but ffs, getting sick of his "if you had to lose one" posts already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back