Who's your favourite team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Started taking an interest in San Jose when Vincent Damphousse was traded there. He may have retired, and Owen Nolan has moved on but I still keep an eye on their progress.

Yeah, Damphousse was a classy guy, and he was the Sharks best in the playoffs before the lockout - not a bad way to end his career. His goal from behind the goal line off the back of Aeibischer's back showed how hockey smart he was.

And it's good to see Nolan finally back and doing well...always been a big fan of his.

Yeah, Damphousse was a classy guy, and he was the Sharks best in the playoffs before the lockout - not a bad way to end his career. His goal from behind the goal line off the back of Aeibischer's back showed how hockey smart he was.

And it's good to see Nolan finally back and doing well...always been a big fan of his.
I'm pretty sure Damphousse finished his career with the Avs. :confused:

First noticed it in 1996, and decided to pick a team then. As the LA Rams (who I hadn't followed) moved to St Louis (who I immediately followed once moved due to the cool name, and a toy football I received) decided against the Blues as I didn't like their logo. Found the team with the best name, that being the Maple Leafs, and have been a fan since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: What team do you follow?

back in the day when i watched a bit more frequently i have always followed the flyers used to love Lindros and Recchi dont see it as much these days but still follow the flyers

back in the day when i watched a bit more frequently i have always followed the flyers used to love Lindros and Recchi dont see it as much these days but still follow the flyers
That'll pretty much get you a red card around here.

Woo 3 sharks.. ready to bite Ron Wilson I suggest...

not me

i dont understand all this talk about gunning for the coach. and his team isnt even doing badly!!!

i assume everyone read the article on yahoo, as did i, yet i didnt feel mckeon made many good points. he really said nothing at all actually.

i felt this article would have been more pertinent after last years playoffs, not 1/4 way into this season when the sharks have been OK. could wilson be better, sure, does his line shuffling leave a little to be desired at time, you bet, but this is one thing mckeon got right: he doesnt need to be replaced.

lets look at the facts. the sharks are sitting second in their division, 6th in the conference and a game in hand. hardly the kind of numbers that should have a team in the gun, which it seems is what mckeon was getting at.

mckeon was talking about their form for the last 3 seasons, who cares, it is history. the same could be said about ottawa, detroit, buffalo... all 3 of those teams have been good in the last 3 seasons, and maybe should have done better in the playoffs, yet didnt, get over it. heres hoping they get better this year, with still quite a young team, in the future too.

our D was always meant to be our weak point, yet the sharks have the second fewest goals against, and the second best PK %. the offence is sputtering, with only jumbo joe able to hold his head high. cheech, clowe and milan are excused with injuries, and the pups have been as good as expected, mitchell, seto etc. JR has been great for the basement price we got him at. the checking line has been very solid too. but i think the offence can be turned around, it ultimatley it rests with the players to step up, the coach can only do so much.

the biggest concern for me is nabby starting everygame so far, and not have a decent/reliable backup. trading away vesa and not acquiring/having a ready made backup was a bit foolish, especially considering the sharks are only a nabakov injury away from being in BIG trouble. hope this is a addressed before the deadline, i think the sharks will be big players, from all accounts i have read, they have plenty of room under the cap.

keep up the good work ron, go sharks

not me

i dont understand all this talk about gunning for the coach. and his team isnt even doing badly!!!

i assume everyone read the article on yahoo, as did i, yet i didnt feel mckeon made many good points. he really said nothing at all actually.

i felt this article would have been more pertinent after last years playoffs, not 1/4 way into this season when the sharks have been OK. could wilson be better, sure, does his line shuffling leave a little to be desired at time, you bet, but this is one thing mckeon got right: he doesnt need to be replaced.

lets look at the facts. the sharks are sitting second in their division, 6th in the conference and a game in hand. hardly the kind of numbers that should have a team in the gun, which it seems is what mckeon was getting at.

mckeon was talking about their form for the last 3 seasons, who cares, it is history. the same could be said about ottawa, detroit, buffalo... all 3 of those teams have been good in the last 3 seasons, and maybe should have done better in the playoffs, yet didnt, get over it. heres hoping they get better this year, with still quite a young team, in the future too.

our D was always meant to be our weak point, yet the sharks have the second fewest goals against, and the second best PK %. the offence is sputtering, with only jumbo joe able to hold his head high. cheech, clowe and milan are excused with injuries, and the pups have been as good as expected, mitchell, seto etc. JR has been great for the basement price we got him at. the checking line has been very solid too. but i think the offence can be turned around, it ultimatley it rests with the players to step up, the coach can only do so much.

the biggest concern for me is nabby starting everygame so far, and not have a decent/reliable backup. trading away vesa and not acquiring/having a ready made backup was a bit foolish, especially considering the sharks are only a nabakov injury away from being in BIG trouble. hope this is a addressed before the deadline, i think the sharks will be big players, from all accounts i have read, they have plenty of room under the cap.

keep up the good work ron, go sharks

The thing is, while we are doing that well with a poor team.. we could be at Detroit level. Thornton has 39 points.. next best is what.. 15? Something like that.

Thornton, Michalek and Cheechoo line was working well at the start of the year.. then he changed it and threw Roenick up there, then setoguchi, then Marleau, then Bernier... why? He's changing hot lines for no reason, scratching the wrong players. He scratched Carle, who is one of the few defenceman willing to take a risk and try and score, and also has the ability to get back in time... Vlasic did that yesterday and cost us a goal, but he won't get scratched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back