Moved Thread Why does Richmond get destroyed by the umpires every week ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond's whole deficit has been accumulated in the 11 matches since McQualter took over. More than -5 free kick per game differential in that time. All 11 free kick counts lost.

I challenge anyone to find another team with 11 lost free kick counts in succession.
It's fascinating to watch you constantly to down bizarre logic rabbit holes. Please keep it up, great content. Subd.

It's fascinating to watch you constantly to down bizarre logic rabbit holes. Please keep it up, great content. Subd.

Why is it bizarre to notice that Richmond have lost all 11 free kick counts under McQualter?

If there was no related contingency involved this would be approximately a 6666 to 1 chance to occur.

Again, without related contingencies playing a part, this would be something like a once per 28 year event for a team to lose 11 straight free kick counts. Ie, once in 28 years that any of 18 teams would suffer this run of free kick count losses. For a specific team under the current schedule, it would be a once in 500 season event.

Where is the bizarre rabbit hole in that? Those are facts.

So far the best and only explanation anyone has come up with is bzparkes positing that Richmond laying 11 extra legal tackles per game since McQualter took over from Hardwick is the reason for this once in 500 year run of 11 consecutive free kick counts lost. Which to me seems a rather unlikely explanation.

Which specific bizarre rabbit hole do you think I have gone down?

And why do you think Richmond would lose 11 consecutive free kick counts under McQualter?

Ok this gets worse. Just realised Richmond have actually lost their last 12 free kick counts. With no related contingency I have calculated this 12 game sequence is a less than 14,000 to 1 chance to occur.

You would expect it to occur to an individual club within a single season like this approximately once in every 1242 seasons. And you would expect it to occur to any of 18 teams approximately once in 69 seasons.

So it is an astonishingly unlikely sequence of free kick count losses.

I am now excited as to how far this can get.

Scumpires: Please penalise Richmond at every opportunity in the next 2 matches. I will be booing every Richmond free kick from here on in. :)

Last edited:

Our free kick differential is far worse than Richmond's.

We're at -73.

20 ahead of second place for free kicks given away.

There's a special set of rules for Horne Francis, his head doesn't actually exist so you can basically skull* him and get away with it.

SPP has a reputation as mean and nasty so the ump gives a free kick to his opponent any time there's any sort of physical contact, legal or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back