Grand Slam Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

Your man Nick seems to think he’s okay…
That's nice.... I wouldn't really call Nick my man but meh....

Anyway, well done to Novak. Too good

How did we get here:

2003 = Federer [1], Nadal [0], Djokovic [0]
2004 = Federer [4], Nadal [0], Djokovic [0]
2005 = Federer [6], Nadal [1], Djokovic [0]
2006 = Federer [9], Nadal [2], Djokovic [0]
2007 = Federer [12], Nadal [3], Djokovic [0]
2008 = Federer [13], Nadal [5], Djokovic [1]
2009 = Federer [15], Nadal [6], Djokovic [1]
2010 = Federer [16], Nadal [9], Djokovic [1]
2011 = Federer [16], Nadal [10], Djokovic [4]
2012 = Federer [17], Nadal [11], Djokovic [5]
2013 = Federer [17], Nadal [13], Djokovic [6]
2014 = Federer [17], Nadal [14], Djokovic [7]
2015 = Federer [17], Nadal [14], Djokovic [10]
2016 = Federer [17], Nadal [14], Djokovic [12]
2017 = Federer [19], Nadal [16], Djokovic [12]
2018 = Federer [20], Nadal [17], Djokovic [14]
2019 = Federer [20], Nadal [19], Djokovic [16]
2020 = Federer [20], Nadal [20], Djokovic [17]
2021 = Federer [20], Nadal [20], Djokovic [20]
2022 = Federer [20], Nadal [22], Djokovic [21]

Bold
= added to their tally

I hope so but I doubt it.
Nadal will have retired, as too Federer and that leaves just Novak to pull the ratings
If it was on tomorrow he'd be allowed to play, laws have already changed here, I don't think he'll be as warm to Australia as he has been in the past eg. Donating to the bushfire but he won't turn down a slam to add to his tally.

Any other player and Nick wins that match in straight sets. Novak is just the greatest returner the game has seen. He tried to mix it up as you have to be.
Nah probably not. Too many unforced errors tonight. Most of the top 15 would've picked him apart. I think the occasion got to him. Oh well.

Nah probably not. Too many unforced errors tonight. Most of the top 15 would've picked him apart. I think the occasion got to him. Oh well.

Doubt he was beating Novak if Novak was anywhere near his best.

Um he won the first set?

Awesome win for Djokovic after all the crap he’s been put through since the Australian Open. Well deserved and total vindication. Not just an awesome tennis player but a top notch human being that has stood up for the rights of all of us. Congratulations Novak on a momentous win!!!

Vindication for being a rule-breaking w***er?

Like I said awesome player, and huge respect for him for standing up for his principles.

At least the aus open got rid of line judges, and has way better facilities + player & umpire chairs. Wimbledon should get with the times.

21 slams! It's ridiculous when you think about it. 21, lol, just imagine if you were good enough to win 4, 5, or 6.
Quite phenomenal.

It's like when you go look up the greatest players statistics in AFL and you have Carey and Ablett and all those guys, then you look at Leigh Matthews and he was averaging similar numbers to Ablett Junior but with 900 goals to his name.

Hopefully that's the only slam final the mentally weak, bullying, abusive, coward Kyrgios ever makes. Took the banning of world No.2, no Federer and a Rafa withdrawal to get him there. So brave:rolleyes:.

Don’t kid yourself Fed and Mededev would have done nothing. Clic and Berrentini being out are bigger things than Mededev who is awful on grass and a 40 year old bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully that's the only slam final the mentally weak, bullying, abusive, coward Kyrgios ever makes. Took the banning of world No.2, no Federer and a Rafa withdrawal to get him there. So brave:rolleyes:.
Nothing worse than a nobody who puts down a great effort just because they dislike someone they don't even know. Did Rybakina only make the final because Barty wasn't there? Did North only win the 77 GF because Carman didn't play for the Pies. Pathetic post, take away the last three letters of your name and that sums it up.

Can we keep the covid/vax/politics stuff out of this thread and just discuss the match?
There’s already a Djokovic thread if you want to talk about his stances on vax etc…take it there if you have to.

Can we keep the covid/vax/politics stuff out of this thread and just discuss the match?
There’s already a Djokovic thread if you want to talk about his stances on vax etc…take it there if you have to.

Fair enough, apologies. My habit of calling out ignorant morons got the better of me.:thumbsu:

That first set of Kyrgios was unbelievable, watching the replay now as I wasn’t 100% into it last night. Some of his shots and points really are out of this world, but mentally Djoker is just way too experienced and confident to get rattled, he just calmly waited for Nick to lose the match himself…which he eventually did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back