Unofficial Preview Round 4 v Richmond: Wimpy Tiger, Shitty Demon

Remove this Banner Ad

Time had not been kind to Punt Road. While most of the AFL sides had folded after the Greater Western North Melbourne Bulldogs had won their 25th consecutive flag in 2082, a few still fought on.

Richmond was not one of them. Historians had argued for decades over the origins that let to their folding in 2079. Some point to the death of Matthew Richardson in 2056 after coaching the Tigers for 15 years for a record of 2 finals appearances and 10 9th places. Others suggest that the great pidgeon manure dump of 2062, led by the cloned head of Kevin Barlett screaming obscenities, forced it to come apart at the seams.

I was not so sure. Punt Road Oval was soon to be demolished for yet another interstellar highway, although the Greens continued to fight for a North-South road - the Bandtists screaming blasphemy at the words East-West. But more to the point, the plans had been at the council for the past 30 cycles and no protest had been made (although this may be because the remaining Richmond supporters were considered illiterate).

Walking through the remnants of the old Richmond store, there was little left. A mug here, a commemorative DVD there. A rack of Tyrone Vickery guernseys sat pristine, brand new. Shocked, I then watched as a spider dropped onto the front one before melting into radioactive goo.

Scared, I pressed on. The grandstands were decrepit, but one redheaded Tigers supporter remained. Nursing a bucket of KFC, he stared at a holograph, swearing and throwing food around at the images. Rising, he roared and then flopped back down, shaking the fragile stands with his backside crashing at the chairs.

Pushing through, I worked my way into the old Richmond training facility. The cobwebs were thick, although an area of the floor remained spotless as various people undertook push-up contests under a giant framed image of Jake King.

From here, I found the old coach's office. Fumbling with the handle, I tried the door. Locked. I tried to shake it. The door appeared stuck. I tried looking inside but the windows were covered. Taking a breath, I hip-and-shouldered the door open.

The walls were covered in newspapers. Photos of Melbourne players, arms raised in victory. Other pictures of Richmond players despondent. The papers all shared the same date: April 25, 2015. ANZAC Day. Lest We Forget.

There was a skeleton in the chair. Its skull appeared to have exploded outward, with pieces of bone scattered around the room.

I wiped the dust off the coach's nameplate on the desk. Damien Hardwick.

Dees by 25.

So we can take the piss without getting an infraction like the banter board on our thread ? if a mod can confirm, it would be great. I will then link this to our board and get some action and fun going between out two boards.

Not a mod, but running the UPs...

Yes.

So we can take the piss without getting an infraction like the banter board on our thread ? if a mod can confirm, it would be great. I will then link this to our board and get some action and fun going between out two boards.
Yeah mate please do bring a few over for some banter, we look forward to it. Just don't get too personal.

Righto, so how many goal head start do you clowns need?

This game could be close to the easiest thing we have ever done.

Ps. I said similar against the dogs 2 weeks ago, I know my stuff and you are welcome.

Please come over for a chat boys and girls, this thread is an infraction free zone............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... or is it? .........................eh eh eh

Righto, so how many goal head start do you clowns need?

This game could be close to the easiest thing we have ever done.

Ps. I said similar against the dogs 2 weeks ago, I know my stuff and you are welcome.

It will be a walk in the park mate. Last time we played we kicked i think 21 points. If we had of kicked straight it would have been a 60 goal shellacking :p Tigers by 40 as the Dee's have improved the flood slightly since last we played :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

garry-on-the-stretcher-o.gif

It will be a walk in the park mate. Last time we played we kicked i think 21 points. If we had of kicked straight it would have been a 60 goal shellacking :p Tigers by 40 as the Dee's have improved the flood slightly since last we played :)
Ninthmond is currently sitting fifth on the ladder. This is against the natural order of things. You can fight the laws of nature for a little while but eventually your going to lose. On this basis alone the Tigers should be enormous underdogs to win this week. The TGP Tigers would start warm favourites against you.

I'm very interested to see how Watts goes this week. His efforts were shitful last week and the microscope is going to be right on him. There's some possibility he might destroy ninthmond this week.

We won when we last played. :D lol

I wonder whether we could get Col back from Peel for this game.

Something about good looking blonde footballers really intimidates Richmond players.

Jeez I'm looking forward to TMac taking on Reiwoldt. I reckon he'll get in his head easily looking at how we played Walker last week. jack to crack the sads and give away 50m before half time

No padawan, we lost it by kicking 21 points. Its been a year I have had to digest the defeat, when the better team loses again, not against better opposition but due to there own errors. Cant wait for the redemption Friday :p
lol, good point. Sounds like us against the crows. Learn to kick ffs! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back