Opinion Chad Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

So Hinkley can mismanage him again in 2025? If we'd ditched the greyhound killer, then getting Wingard back for peanuts, with a coach who wouldn't misuse that talent would have been a great homecoming. With Port handcuffed to Darth Blindsdown for another 2 years, no point.

So Hinkley can mismanage him again in 2025? If we'd ditched the greyhound killer, then getting Wingard back for peanuts, with a coach who wouldn't misuse that talent would have been a great homecoming. With Port handcuffed to Darth Blindsdown for another 2 years, no point.

Yep it was hinkleys fault he has been average at hawthorn too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My God it started with Blind Butcher and now it’s moved on to Wingard.
One was banged up before we drafted him and the other is totally banged up now.
Give me a break Jesse.

Tom Morris on SEN today:

Chad Wingard (Hawthorn)

“The very likely outcome is Chad Wingard earns a deal at Hawthorn now. Very likely. Whether this is a one-year or two-year deal may hinge on what the surgeon says later this week or early next week, we know he has that Achilles injury from late in the season.

“Reading between the lines, I reckon a one-year deal is very much on the cards if the surgeon believes he will be back by halfway through next year or even earlier.

“If he can’t, I think Hawthorn would be open to a two-year deal, probably on minimum sort of money, but I can’t see him being anywhere else next year… those negotiations had begun even before he got injured.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My God it started with Blind Butcher and now it’s moved on to Wingard.
One was banged up before we drafted him and the other is totally banged up now.
Give me a break Jesse.
Excuse me but Butcher's comeback was an unmitigated success. He took a huge mark and kicked a big goal to win us the game in the SANFL before injury.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Wingard would absolutely play for us when fit and if he was free I'd take him back in a second.

He'd have played every game this year if fit and on our list.

Was in supreme form before tearing his achilles, which is the great shame of it all.

Hope he can rebound and land somewhere where he can be appreciated, wherever that may be. Football or otherwise.

Wingard would absolutely play for us when fit and if he was free I'd take him back in a second.

He'd have played every game this year if fit and on our list.

Yeah as speculative fiction you ask yourself "McEntee or Wingard?" then slap yourself for asking. But he's not fit now, and playing here would likely have been less fit earlier in the season, unless granted special exemption from playing Hinkleyball, but that's basically why he isn't here. Still he's played more games than Orazio the last three years. Urgh.

Take him back for 1Y on min coin for a speculative return in the last few games of next season post achilles, but what motivates him to switch? 2025??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back