Opinion Chad Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Would do it for sure. Unlikely that the pick we use, will net the player any more games then we would give to Chad. Chad would be useful in a forward pocket in finals.

But he's not good enough for Hawthorn????
He's not going to be there for Hawthorn when it actually matters, so given he'll miss a chunk of next season, zero point clogging the path for the next gen. Swapping Ginnivan for Wingard in the finals though is worth doing.

Wingard could come back and teach the other players about professional standards like not being in a boys club with the coach and that big games require mental preparation and not "well someone has to lose" mentality.

Far out, this is ridiculous, hawthorn has been pure trash since he went there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Cripps: 'Daddy, there's an exciting small forward available as a DFA, I believe we should pick him up'

Daddy: 'Don't be silly, we already have an exciting small forward at the club'

The exciting small forward at the club:
768779856.jpg

His career peaked when he was 22.

4 seasons in the AFL, 2 All Australians, 53 goals in that 4th season as a small forward, 89 games and 148 goals. mark of the year in his 3rd season.

Just not driven, like his hero Lebron, who is still delivering in his 21st season.

I had the impression that when Wingard left us it was not because he jumped but because he was pushed. I have no evidence but I suspected there were a few personality clashes and it was not all about the Coach either. The move to Hawthorn was a little strange as Wingard, who was still under contract, started out by denying that he was going anywhere then suddenly he nominates Hawthorn as his preferred destination. An undoubted talent taken at pick #6 in the 2011 Draft, a player who averaged 37 goals a season for us across his last six seasons, a player still under contract and going nowhere then suddenly he is gone. Something strange in the whole process.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back