Wondering if you guys could help...

Remove this Banner Ad

May 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey I figured what better place to ask this question then the Fitzroy board. I'm sure most of you know the book Fitzroy by Dyson Hore-Lacey, and what a fantastic read it is too.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone here knew anywhere I could get a print of the picture on the front cover? You know the one where the lion is on the crucifix been shot by Ross Oakley?

I'd especially like to get a copy of the picture without the football covering Ross the Toss's face. I'm after it cause I want it to get it framed with a little plaque and have it hanging in the pool room at home (a bit like the castle!)

If anyone here could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers! :)

I dont know............maybe you could try:
Lions Publications
PO BOX 336
Fitzroy 3065

They published the book. If you find out let us know here at the FFC board as I am sure like myself there are others who would like a copy as well

I did send a letter to that address a couple of months ago...and am yet to receive a reply :( I was thinking if no one here knows I might try and ring Dyson Hore-Lacey (he still works a lawyer doesn't he) and find out where he got it from.

Originally posted by Noel Mugavin
doubt you'll get a picture of oakley as it was scapped due to potential litigation me thinks.

you can't handle the truth.

Yep, Fitzroy had the same trouble with Ross Oakley that TISM had with Ken Done!

I've got the recalled TISM cover, just wish I had the recalled FITZROY cover ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back