Worst calls pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

mianfei

Club Legend
May 10, 2009
Carlton North
AFL Club
St Kilda
"We've got a champion pick up here" - after Georgiardes' 9 goal (was it?) debut way back when.
It was eight goals, actually. However, he kicked only eleven goals in eight more games and was entirely dropped after twelve games. Five of those eleven goals were in the third round against North Melbourne, when Footscray “had a monopoly on possession of the ball but failed to do anything with it” and lost by eighteen points. Georgiades’ omission came, too, in a team scoring the fewest points in a season for seventeen years, and with an on-ball division featuring Doug Hawkins in his best form since his knee injury, Simon Atkins, Terry Wallace and Tony McGuinness. Clearly Georgiades was not the player he suggested from the opening win against a depleted Carlton outfit.

It was eight goals, actually. However, he kicked only eleven goals in eight more games and was entirely dropped after twelve games. Five of those eleven goals were in the third round against North Melbourne, when Footscray “had a monopoly on possession of the ball but failed to do anything with it” and lost by eighteen points. Georgiades’ omission came, too, in a team scoring the fewest points in a season for seventeen years, and with an on-ball division featuring Doug Hawkins in his best form since his knee injury, Simon Atkins, Terry Wallace and Tony McGuinness. Clearly Georgiades was not the player he suggested from the opening win against a depleted Carlton outfit.
You come onto our board and bump a thread that died more than ten years ago. Really? WTF?

You come onto our board and bump a thread that died more than ten years ago. Really? WTF?
It's an interesting bit of history. I know it's annoying for some people bumping old threads but I don't see the problem unless it's reviving a dispute etc

Fess up. Your worst public prognostications, Bulldogs-related. I'll give you mine:

1. "West, you are not FIT to wear number 7". shouted by me, Subiaco Oval, to a very young Scott West. Still haunts me.

2. "He's the new Pieman!", shouted by me, Telstra Dome, regarding J Rawlings and his 7 goal debut. He was the new Loaf, as it turned out.

3. "You beauty. I'm going to the granny!" me, shouted in the Rose pub, 3/4 time, 1997 prelim final V Adelaide.

Got anything worse?

Yeah but you never said it had to be in 1997. Did you go to 2016?

It's an interesting bit of history. I know it's annoying for some people bumping old threads but I don't see the problem unless it's reviving a dispute etc
Didn't see it as a problem. Just perplexed.

One day when the Dogs were playing the Dees at Optus Matthew Febey was having a stinker. Couldn't kick the ball out of sight on a dark night. When I pointed this out to the crowd, I copped a 'do you mind we are from Tassie' ... it didn't help the situation when I said that I was Tasmanian as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back