WWE WrestleMania 39 - Sunday 2nd & Monday 3rd April 2023 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who bets on a pre-determined sport is a ******* moron.

It's like being able to bet on Rocky against Ivan Drago.
Yeah betting on pro wrestling is suuuuuper risky. Although at the last WWE reunion show I did make $50 on Ron Simmons saying DAMN less than 1.5 times, but that's different than the outcome of a match.

THe issue with Roman winning is the titles are now down the card and losing relevance

We are seeing it tonight. Rey vs Dom is now clearly ahead of the titles in any storyline/match setup.

Does anyone ever remember a RAW after Wrestlemania where the titles were overshadowed by a bunch of other storylines?

Roman wont defend til Summerslan but thats largely because the titles are irrelevant as of today

Seems irresponsible not to make some quick coin if it was such a foregone conclusion though....

Seems a depressing reflection on modern day society and the state of sports gambling that your first thought is sell out to a bookie when you're watching friggen wrestling of all things.

Seems a depressing reflection on modern day society and the state of sports gambling that your first thought is sell out to a bookie when you're watching friggen wrestling of all things.

And that its a reliable way to make money mind you which is even worse.

If I knew the result of something like wrestling id probably just watch it and say "huh I was right"..... Like a normal human

And that its a reliable way to make money mind you which is even worse.

If I knew the result of something like wrestling id probably just watch it and say "huh I was right"..... Like a normal human

Well... say "huh I was right"... then brag about it on a message board ;)

Not at all, I'm just inferring your idea of Reigns being a sure thing doesn't hold up. I would never bet on pro wrestling.

Not at all, I'm just inferring your idea of Reigns being a sure thing doesn't hold up. I would never bet on pro wrestling.

So why are you suggesting that my failure to even consider betting on wrestling indicates that it wasn't a sure bet? I've been saying it on here since Royal Rumble that he'd get to 1000 days.

(By the way, not that it's any of your business, but I'd never bet with a bookie on anything after they ruined a mates life.)

So why are you suggesting that my failure to even consider betting on wrestling indicates that it wasn't a sure bet? I've been saying it on here since Royal Rumble that he'd get to 1000 days.

(By the way, not that it's any of your business, but I'd never bet with a bookie on anything after they ruined a mates life.)

I'm merely suggesting that they wouldn't have been offering those kinds of odds if it was an obvious thing.

And fair enough, sorry to hear that.

In eleven months time Jey Uso will still be pulling stupid faces as his 'character development' and people will still be pretending this is nuanced.

This x100, I can't believe the amount of credit that s**t gets... Every time I hear it I can only ever imagine that WWE is the only form of media that these people consume and they have a severe case of brain rot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got the feeling also Roman wont defend the titles til Summerslam. For Backlash they will lean into Rey and Bad Bunny vs Dom and Damian Priest as the main event. Simply has to be

King of the Ring will just be Roman Reigns winning the King of the Ring crown I think with no titles defended

Money in the Bank will just be MITB as the main event

Summerslam will be Roman vs Cody Take 2
they could do a 6 man tag (or 8 man tag) with Roman/Usos (+Solo) vs Cody/KO/Sami (+partner like Riddle, since Solo took him out?)

I would pay little attention to storylines or what makes sense when it comes to WWE. To that end and their insatiable desire to create the next Cena overriding any logical decision making, makes me think that either Cody gets another crack somewhere given his elevated media profile or they turn Theory face and have him face Roman. They’re investing too much in Theory for it not to go somewhere. As we know from Reigns’ history, if WWE decide you’re the ‘next big thing’ they’ll jam it down your throat until it happens.

THe issue with Roman winning is the titles are now down the card and losing relevance

We are seeing it tonight. Rey vs Dom is now clearly ahead of the titles in any storyline/match setup.

Does anyone ever remember a RAW after Wrestlemania where the titles were overshadowed by a bunch of other storylines?

Roman wont defend til Summerslan but thats largely because the titles are irrelevant as of today

RAW made it make sense though.

Cody will beat Brock at the next PPV that sets up Cody vs Roman at Summerslam.

Actually looking at it, sort of get it.

I still don’t love Cody as champion though

RAW made it make sense though.

Cody will beat Brock at the next PPV that sets up Cody vs Roman at Summerslam.

Actually looking at it, sort of get it.

I still don’t love Cody as champion though
or Cody can win MITB if they're doing the "he can never challenge Roman again" angle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back