Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Round Collingwood logo, that would have been a direct copy of the Port Magpies logo, did Port kick up a stink at all?
It's pretty interesting, especially since Collingwood used it in 1995-1996 and Port Adelaide entered in 1997.

Port have been using it in the SANFL since god-knows-when though, picture of them in 1960's/1970's with the logo. Different comp at the time I know, but still a copy of it. Maybe they did it to piss off Port, pretty much Collingwood,s mission in life.

Port have been using it in the SANFL since god-knows-when though, picture of them in 1960's/1970's with the logo. Different comp at the time I know, but still a copy of it. Maybe they did it to piss off Port, pretty much Collingwood,s mission in life.
I don't know the exact time line of the AFL in the 90s, but I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately used it because they knew that Port were coming into the AFL. Sort of a "everything Magpie related in the AFL belongs to us" message to Port.

I don't know the exact time line of the AFL in the 90s, but I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately used it because they knew that Port were coming into the AFL. Sort of a "everything Magpie related in the AFL belongs to us" message to Port.

Was only just thinking of that myself.

Hi Mero, a bit shocked that this isn't on the site but I was just looking at Hawthorn stuff on aflphotos from 2005 and noticed that in Round 5 (happened to be ANZAC day round too) we actually wore our pinstripe jumper from the 1970s with black shorts? The differences from our normal home jumper that year I can spot are the pinstripes, 5 stripes instead of 3, stripes on back with white square, black numbers and the dropping of the club logo on the chest of the jumper.
2005.jpg
I remember a thread on BF around 2004 which was talking about this proposed kit but I assumed it just never went through until I saw this.

Happened to be a North home game too which is odd, and they were also wearing their North Story jumper that day which is noted on the site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Mero, a bit shocked that this isn't on the site but I was just looking at Hawthorn stuff on aflphotos from 2005 and noticed that in Round 5 (happened to be ANZAC day round too) we actually wore our pinstripe jumper from the 1970s with black shorts? The differences from our normal home jumper that year I can spot are the pinstripes, 5 stripes instead of 3, stripes on back with white square, black numbers and the dropping of the club logo on the chest of the jumper.
View attachment 86252
I remember a thread on BF around 2004 which was talking about this proposed kit but I assumed it just never went through until I saw this.

Happened to be a North home game too which is odd, and they were also wearing their North Story jumper that day which is noted on the site.
Is that black shorts as well for the Hawks?
And how many players in that photo are playing in 2015? :eek:

Mero, Collingwood wore the forever jumper (all players listed) in R23:

345555.jpg

345504.jpg

COLL14.220_1.jpg

Not related but I thought this was a pretty cool picture:

345431.jpg

Former Magpies player Brian Beers displays and old style jumper during the 2014 AFL Round 23 match

An interesting anecdote about Brisbane's initial 1987 jumpers, taken from the 1987 Grand Final record

Still, the day-to-day problems in those early months were enormous.

Take just one example, for instance. When the jumpers arrived two days before the Bears' first practice match against Hawthorn, Cronin, Murphy and Co. could hardly believe their eyes — the maroon and gold colors were reversed and the design was wrong.

They wore them, of course, and by chance the reverse strip, which many say looks better, was to become the uniform for matches against Hawthorn and the West Coast Eagles.

That was February 21, a day that rammed home the enormity of the task. The Bears were crushed by 138 points by the reigning premiers. It was only the beginning, but a club, one of two from opposite sides of the continent admitted in the first change to the VFL since 1925, was born.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back