Xavier College teachers vs. students

Remove this Banner Ad

juDDa

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
was wondering if this game was going ahead this year?? was a massive game on the calendar last year..
who is likely to be playing for the students this year?? i heard the teachers started training last week or something and really have the desire to beat the students this year.. can anyone confirm that??

teachers have a few young ex players that apparently can handle themselves pretty well.. heard d.skalzo coached the rats this year but went down on friday night in what looked like a performance that would have given him that next 'step' and 'cement' his spot in the team, but that looks to be a season ending injury.. big loss as a hard running half-forward flanker with a lot of talent.. doesn't mind a goal either.. big loss

who will win??

Well I just hope the lads are preparing for this epic clash. Yr 12 team captained by the wizard Hangtime and coached by Mother Goose. Some real characters in there with big Richy Johnson, D Salera and Cozzy - they look to have the combination ripe for Friday week on the Chapel.

Staff side coached by PR Shield winner Shane Healy and has some super inclusions:

Roo Kennedy (Hawks)
Beaser Aitken (Carl/St Kilda)
Matt Hannebery (Foots)
J Barra (Sanfl)
R-Bus Rush (Xav 1sts '06)
Mike Bourke (De La Ammos)
Luke Daniher (Box Hill)
Tommy Grigg (Xav U19s)
Tommy Stephens (Xav 1sts '05)
James Quinn (Xav 1sts '06)
G Mitch (Carey 1sts '88)
Cam Matthews (Old Carey)
Troy Allemand
Ken Ferguson
Dave Scalzo
Pete Voglis
Mick Aldecroft
Brendan O'Sullivan (Xav 1sts '80)
Chris Cavanagh (Xav 1sts '06)
Ryan Leys
Mick Vandenberg
Gary Rosewarne (Ammos legend)

p.voglis would surely be a massive inclusions for the teachers as well?? heard he has been hitting the gym and has a tendaency to throw around a couple of chicken wings.. not sure how it will go down with the parents of the students though..

also heard a suprise packet will be thrown into the forward pocket.. the 'magical' mark berry...
can this be confirmed??

What bout Wayne ''Romper" Read????? Has been locked away in student services all year and should be chomping at the bit to get out and have a kick. Word on the street is that ''Big Bad Bustling Berry'' has been jogging to his home in Box Hill in preparation for this game!! Would slot nicely under the feet of Rush Bus, along with possessing the ability to chew the ear off his opponent. Also disappointed to see that Graham "Supercoach'' O'Rourke isnt donning the trench coat this year. Apparently his half time sprays are legendary amongst the staff.

p.voglis is probably one of the most feared footballers in the ammos..i've been told he isn't allowed to play..
what about the students line-up??? students will surely get beat won't they??

Josh Hanger is captaining the student side which is made up of Yr 12s who have played 2nds or lower during the year. I guess that means there will still be a few 1sts players who played a few of each. Should be a very good game. No doubt the students will have the pace and fitness, but on the Chapel, that's not such a big factor. The pedigree and experience of the old farts has them thinking they're pretty confident.

I think the last match was two years ago when the students won by a few points - great occasion. Steve Silvagni and Tim Livingstone tore it up and with Barker and Barra up forward they kicked a bag between them. Reed always does his hammy apparently haven't seen his name on the list.

Gee, Pete Voglis....would be surprised if he was playing, espesially with his local league record....Wouldn't think the Xavier students parents will be too happy if there sons come home with a few Broken bones....he always seems to give a couple off!!!!

yehhh he's not allowed to play.. was confirmed this afternoon.. would of been interesting if he had of though!! has been reported 7 times and missed something rediculous like over a season in total worth of suspensions.. pig of a player!

Big appoinment of Hangar as captain!! where did that come from?? definately a suprise packet.. always thought he had the leadership qualities but never really shone through.. not a bad player mind you, does his job week in week out.. great bloke to have in ur team the 'hang man'..

Mark Berry is playing - he reckons he's gonna through a few snipes around and he even has his own drink bottle!

Hanger won the B&F in the 2nds so most obvious choice for skipper in this match which isn't supposed to be all 1sts players!

Scott Armstrong will be putting in a big effort. THis big unit downs 12 fetuses before each english class. Set to absolutely smash michael vandenburg who has been hitting on his sister.
One to watch come draft time...
end thread

Scott Armstrong is not playing....:)

You might be thinking about PAT armstrong....:cool:

Big Inclusions into the team are C. Dipper, whose pace off the bench will be much appreciated by the girls watching the game...:thumbsdown:

Matthew Cosgrave returns for the student and will assume the full forward position where he had previously dominated in his early years. Word has it, "cozzy" has been up in the gym, just working on his fitness, and has shed over a large amount of body fat.

D. Molan, winner of the determination trophy for the 1st XVIII this year, will go to the much talked about Greg "mitch" Mitchell. Whose presence and work rate was most evident during a recent sratch match, where his 3rd's took on the 10A's and came out winners.

Troy-Boy Allemand will be matched on big Louie Baird, who is coming back from a sickening back injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Armstrong is playing, and I hear he is an absolute nutcase. I'm not one to accuse people of murder, but Scott Armstrong WILL murder indiscrimenantly on Friday, regardless of what team they are on.

I hear questions are being asked about John Hangars fitness levels. Apparently he has had his eyes on the LAY-dies more than on the game, and his preparation and match fitness has suffered greatly. He also lacks any real form of courage ball which will greatly hinder his chances of placing in the team. Add to the fact he is a very average bloke, and had the nerve to wear shorts to school today, when winter uniform is still regulation.

Scott Armstrong should dominate though.

Not sure who this John Hangar is that you speak off, but the Josh Hanger variety is a dead set sensation.

Shorts - rebel with a cause

Match fitness - nearly invoked an international incident against the Samurais with his super form a few days ago

LAY-dies - what's new?

Captain? - B&F with the magoos, whilst playing enough games in the 1sts to get colours. Best of both worlds!

Who's coming to watch this game?
I hear theres a free Barbie and their handing out the Yr 12 medals to the finishing footballers.

Just In! Darcy "Phone" Booth and Michael "Chickenlegs" Vandenburg involved in a standoff on the yr 11 hallway. apparently Vanders told boothy that he is gunna pull a Mark Yeates at the bounce and that they will be shipping darc back to Wangaratta in an iron lung!!!! Look for the fireworks in the guts come friday arvo!

Evans, Ryan, Thomas, Skidmore, Dipper, Johnson, Ellis, Armstrong, Smith, Cosgrave, Molan, Rowse, Buckley, Santilli, Hanger, S. Armstrong, Agius, Booth, Batten, Salera, Dimma, Cooper. Just to name a few of the stars....

Hot Tip: Skidmore to have a reccurance of his mysterious Chronic Butterboy Syndrome and be accumulating splinters on the pine by the 2 minute mark.

Rumour: Maria Pateras is apparently keen to pull on the boots and may make and appearance for the staff side (FACT!!). Watch for Michael Vandenberg to go cold if this happens....

Hot Tip: Skidmore to have a reccurance of his mysterious Chronic Butterboy Syndrome and be accumulating splinters on the pine by the 2 minute mark.

Rumour: Maria Pateras is apparently keen to pull on the boots and may make and appearance for the staff side (FACT!!). Watch for Michael Vandenberg to go cold if this happens....

you boys take this teachers versus students game pretty serious hey who really cares

you boys take this teachers versus students game pretty serious hey who really cares
The only thing I care about is making sure I put you 6 feet under.

Rumours have been floating around that Josh Hangar will instead be doing coffee at Starbucks instead of playing.

In other news, Scott "Oklahoma Bombing" Armstrong has been called up to compensate for Hangars lack of courage ball, a wise move by the selectors if I ever saw one. Look for him to layeth the smackdown on several teachers, both men and women. The guy is such a nut that he wants to specifically take out several of the female teachers, but I persuaded him not to, but it still shows his dedication to the team. Look for him to either leave the ground in victory, or on a stretcher.

In even further news, I hear that Billy likes to drink "SODA". Can anyone confirm?

The only thing I care about is making sure I put you 6 feet under.

Rumours have been floating around that Josh Hangar will instead be doing coffee at Starbucks instead of playing.

In other news, Scott "Oklahoma Bombing" Armstrong has been called up to compensate for Hangars lack of courage ball, a wise move by the selectors if I ever saw one. Look for him to layeth the smackdown on several teachers, both men and women. The guy is such a nut that he wants to specifically take out several of the female teachers, but I persuaded him not to, but it still shows his dedication to the team. Look for him to either leave the ground in victory, or on a stretcher.

In even further news, I hear that Billy likes to drink "SODA". Can anyone confirm?
ha ha thats funny mate u will really put me six feet under u hero that might be a bit hard as u don't know where i am from

ha ha thats funny mate u will really put me six feet under u hero that might be a bit hard as u don't know where i am from

Pipe down you muppet! Back to that inbred cespool otherwise known as South Australia with you. Bit of a toughnut criticising people you don't know over a forum aren't ya. I assume your name refers to your ability to attract a bit of scrot over your way.....?

Apparently star recruit Mark Berry will no longer be allowed to play as it was revealed that there was a plan to have a direct audio linkup with the coaches box through a 'special' ear piece.

Seems the staff team will try anything to win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back