Xavier Ellis anyone seen him play?

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah he goes well the young kid, only under 16 though so next judd is a bit extreame, seen him play tac, lightly built though.

What team?
Give us some stats?

Anyone heard of Nick Smith(not from melb)?
Heard he is a star for Oakleigh U16 and i think he played U16 Metro.
Anyone heard of him?

Yeah i watched the Scotch vs MGS game this year where Tom Hawkins, Xavier Ellis and Nick Smith all played
Ellis picked up 30 possies and was easily 2nd best on the field
Hawkins kicked a goal or 2 but his tap work really one the game
Smith did well but missed some key shots on goal at very important times
They all still look really good though
Eliss is the only one who made AIS
Hawkins didn't want to play for NSW as it was too far for him to travel being a boarder in Melbourne

I saw it too. It was Smith's first or second APS Game. But those shots on goal probably cost them the game (not trying to be so harsh). Ellis is a good player and will get better, unlucky that grammar had to "buy" them on scholarships. Blight on the APS that is

spoke to one of the footy directors there hawkins isn't on a scolarship his dad went to grammar almost 30 years ago. He came in yr 9

he is defintly not on a scolarship
Ellis has been racking up huge amounts of possesions in TAC already
got BOG against Sandringham a couple of weeks ago doing what judd and goddard were doing at his age didn't have a great under 16 carnival though still made all aus

Yeah, alright
Nick Smith will get drafted, if he doesn't decide to pursue a career in cricket.
Deadset Gun.
Watch This Space.

Nick Smith is a superstar. Watched him play U16 level. Dominates! Great pair of hands(takes screamers) and just solid in every aspect of his game. Will be a superstar. I'm a big fan!

MB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree MB, great balance and awesome on both feet.
Love the kid, but ATM Ellis and Hawkins are ahead of him.

dutchy12 said:
he is defintly not on a scolarship
Ellis has been racking up huge amounts of possesions in TAC already
got BOG against Sandringham a couple of weeks ago doing what judd and goddard were doing at his age didn't have a great under 16 carnival though still made all aus
if he went all aus then he cant have been that bad in the under 16s does he go to school in melbourne..xavier ellis

dutchy12 said:
Yeah i watched the Scotch vs MGS game this year where Tom Hawkins, Xavier Ellis and Nick Smith all played

Hirdy? Has McVeigh's knee affected ur vision? Posted by Dutchy 12.
Ellis was "drafted" by grammar under a scholarship this year. Cheat the system some APS schools do.
Ellis=Melbourne Grammar.

Nick Smith was unlucky not to make vic metro u/16, but looking at that age group as well, Josh Kennedy is a gun and will only get better. Huge kid and once he works on his speed will dominate in any level. He too missed vic metro but is all but assured of ending up at hawthorn in the not too distant future

ball04 said:
Nick Smith was unlucky not to make vic metro u/16, but looking at that age group as well, Josh Kennedy is a gun and will only get better. Huge kid and once he works on his speed will dominate in any level. He too missed vic metro but is all but assured of ending up at hawthorn in the not too distant future

Smith made it mate.
Kennedy is a man mountain. Will definatley end up at Hawks. He was very stiff, and will develop into a star player. Bit arrogant i think.

davo4030 said:
Yeah, alright
Nick Smith will get drafted, if he doesn't decide to pursue a career in cricket.
Deadset Gun.
Watch This Space.

Agreed mate.

Ive played rep footy with nick at least 8 or 9 times and against him at club level over 10 times and the kid is awesome to watch, i had to tag him once for a game and it was the only game he didnt votes in the league best and fairest or something :D

Awesome player, great skills, great reader of the play, tallish midfielder, i think he will be the next jimmy hird! Unbelievable player!

contacted the head of Enviromental Sceince today at MGS. Xavier's scolarship is of consequence of his great results in farm science eg techniques soil control.
Anyway what do u mean ellis=MGS ever heard of the gooleys or mccoy
team game mate

Kennedy is a good footballer needs to still work on things to make him great. But boy is he huge!

regal eagle which club do you play for? Did you play against these boys in State level or MSJFL?

MB

Mighty Blues said:
Kennedy is a good footballer needs to still work on things to make him great. But boy is he huge!

regal eagle which club do you play for? Did you play against these boys in State level or MSJFL?

MB

Ive played with both of them in rep footy (for WJFA) and against both of them in the WJFA (waverly Junior Football Association) and MSJFL.

And yes Josh is a bit arrogant, nick is a good bloke a bit quiet but will be an absoulte gun! No doubt about it!

And i play for Northvale.

regal_eagle said:
Ive played with both of them in rep footy (for WJFA) and against both of them in the WJFA (waverly Junior Football Association) and MSJFL.

And yes Josh is a bit arrogant, nick is a good bloke a bit quiet but will be an absoulte gun! No doubt about it!

And i play for Northvale.
have you ever played against ellis or hawkins???
if so wats your thoughts

hirdy_05 said:
have you ever played against ellis or hawkins???
if so wats your thoughts

Nah i havent sorry, but in all honesty i cant picture a better player than nick smith, he is the complete footballer, i have no doubt he will be a top 10 player in the AFL one day.

However i did read an article on tommy hawkins in the sun and they like the look of him, as for xavier ellis, cant say i have heard of him before this thread sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back