Hollypig

Team Captain
Dec 11, 2003
The Taj
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
North Adelaide Football C
I'm heading over to Melbourne on May 20th - 23rd & am pretty keen to catch the Reds play on the Sat'dy arvo.
I see it's an away game against Yarra Valley.
Where's their home ground ?
Is it hard to get there from the city ?
If not, how ?

Thanks in advance
Holly

Really, bastard. Had a couple of mates gee'd up to see the mighty Reds. So anyway, we still might go. Any chance of a how to get there tip ?

BTW, can't renew my membership yet, why is it so ?

Originally posted by Hollypig
Really, bastard. Had a couple of mates gee'd up to see the mighty Reds. So anyway, we still might go. Any chance of a how to get there tip ?

BTW, can't renew my membership yet, why is it so ?

The ''bastard'' was'nt aimed at you Kev.

By the way, Park Orchards is REALLY difficult to get to.

Check http://www.railpage.org.au/railmaps/melbourn.htm

Find the city, where the four green circles with 19, 57, 59 & 68 in them. Just above the Yarra River.

You can see Flinders St Station just below.

Follow the black line to the right, towards the footy. (MCG).

Keep following the black line that goes underneath the footy, and then take the first black line turnoff that ehads right again. It veers upwards through hawthorn.

Stay on it, it goes to Camberwell, then to Box Hill. Keep staying on it until you get to the fork. Ringwood.

From there, you'd get off the train, and catch a 365 bus to the north (upwards).

Park Orchards is about at the word "official" in "This is not an official rail map of Melbourne".

In comparison, do you remember our trip to Brunswick Street last year?

Go back and find Melbourne again.

I found you at the Rialto which is to the left of the green circles, where all those little blue circles are with the crosses in them. There's a label there saying "King St".

Take the blue tram line to the right, it leaves the CBD and turns north (up). Stay on it until you see "Fitzroy". That's about where went.

See what I mean?

Thanks ( I think ) Mobben.
Why do I have a vision of three lost Adeladiens aimlessly roaming the outer limits of Melbourne suberbia.
Fitzroy may just have to be happy with an away membership this year.
We'll just have to settle for 2nd best & take in a couple of AFL games:mad:

I might make the trip if you're interested. We can meet at the Geebung in Hawthorn & catch the train up to Ringwood & then taxi it up to Park Orchards. FYI, Kevin Sheedy lives in Park Orchards so we meet be able to drop in and say g'day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back