Youngest Player to represent Fitzroy

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate of mine asked me this morning if I can recall the name of the youngest player to represent Fitzroy in the VFL/AFL. He claims the player made his debut in the 1970's at the age of 15 and had a brother who also represented the Club.

I am never good at remembering this sort of thing. Two names that spring to mind are Cec Rheinberger and Alex Ruscuklic. I remember the enormous amount of hype when Cec made his debut in 1966. He was aged either 16 or 17. Alex was a bit older I think and had a brother Peter who represented the club as well.

Anyone with the answer to this question? Thanks.

Maybe your friend was confused because Alex Ruscuklic & Andrew Kuka both came from Morwell. Alex also debuted as a teenager in 1966 & was followed by his brother, Peter in 1975.

Many thanks IgnorantArmies and Fat Pizza. I will pass this on to my mate.

I have a feeling that he might have been spun a bit of a yarn. My mate and the so called "youngest" player met at a wedding sometime in the 1990's when the player told him that he played for Fitzroy for a number of years. Maybe it was Peter Ruscuklic as he also told him he made his debut in the 1970's.

Then again it might just have been someone just telling porky pies for a bit of a laugh.

A mate of mine asked me this morning if I can recall the name of the youngest player to represent Fitzroy in the VFL/AFL. He claims the player made his debut in the 1970's at the age of 15 and had a brother who also represented the Club.

I am never good at remembering this sort of thing. Two names that spring to mind are Cec Rheinberger and Alex Ruscuklic. I remember the enormous amount of hype when Cec made his debut in 1966. He was aged either 16 or 17. Alex was a bit older I think and had a brother Peter who represented the club as well.

Anyone with the answer to this question? Thanks.
I think Keith Bromage was the youngest at about 15 years plus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back