YOUR BOYS IN THE DRAFT!! And What Clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

buffalopride

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Just like to hear some opinions on what boys from your schools or others would firstly suit which AFL team the best and secondly who you think will take them?

Sandilands - roos - height down back and maybe develope as a fwd
sydney - develope him as a fwd of again back, in replace of hall, oloughlin (eventually)
melbourne - height needed anywhere, also too much old age on their list
sainters- pull him up back allow him to play up the ground.

cook (dragons) - great vert leap could develope him as a small fwd or even a midfeild roll. eg: delideo - freo, melb, colliwobbles, carlton,

what does everyone else think?

Derrick Ha a certainty. Great kick, strong mark, amazing speed, brilliant football brain. Play anywhere.

From GGS, Guy O'Keefe is expected to go in the rookie draft as well as a 'smokey' in Easton Wood. Both would be accepted at the Dees, we'll take anyone!

Just like to hear some opinions on what boys from your schools or others would firstly suit which AFL team the best and secondly who you think will take them?

Sandilands - roos - height down back and maybe develope as a fwd
sydney - develope him as a fwd of again back, in replace of hall, oloughlin (eventually)
melbourne - height needed anywhere, also too much old age on their list
sainters- pull him up back allow him to play up the ground.

cook (dragons) - great vert leap could develope him as a small fwd or even a midfeild roll. eg: delideo - freo, melb, colliwobbles, carlton,

what does everyone else think?

And u were telling nevil off about pumping up grant and simpson... if u pump sandilands up anymore he will pop!

From scotch...

Cyril Rioli:
Essendon - He already has strong ties with them, has trained with them in the past and he's cousins with dean and the nephew of Michael Long. However might not be what Essendon need after having picked up davey and jetta last year, and have other small aborigines in lovett and dempsey.

Clubs who will look closely at him will be those who need pace and creativity in the forward line/ midfield, ie. probably Carlton, Sydney, Kangaroos. But it is hard to narrow it down because any club in their right mind wouldn't pass up someone of his rare talent if they got the chance.

Lachie Hill:
Has been invited to draft camp along with Cyril. Has been looked at closely by the Swans throughout the aps season, so wouldn't be surprised if he went there late draft or rookie, because they are looking for a tall running type player in their backline... similar to Tagh Kennely.

tiges 4 flag

What do you think of Hill. Hasn't been all that exciting from what iv seen of the 1st 18 this year. Has he had an injury?

Will Davis, whilst i dont believe he will ever be able to make it to the top level either, would look to fit into an afl side better i would think.

I would agree that Lachie has been disappointing at school level this year, however he is more suited to a better standard of football, and his room for improvement is massive.

He has played extremely well for Oakleigh in the games he has played, featuring prominently in the bests including a BOG performance in an important win. He shone in the state trials where he was rewarded with 2 games for Vic metro in the under 18 carnival. He also featured in the bests for the APS team that easily accounted for the Ags team a few weeks ago. So it is evident here that his standard of football improves with the standard of the competition.

As far has attractiveness to AFL clubs is concerned, he seems to be the perfect player on paper... with lightning speed, Height, strong hands, huge leap, great agility and a booming left boot. His skills by hand and foot would improve significantly if he went to an AFL club, along with his endurance and decision making. He is the prototype modern footballer, who with a bit of development could be suited to playing almost anywhere on the ground, in any AFL club.

Expect him to stand out at draft camp, in the vertical leap and sprint tests especially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rob Tarrant (BP) and John Shaw (SD) have both played very well for TAC this year. I would say that these Xav boys would go 3rd or 4th round.

Rob Tarrant (BP) and John Shaw (SD) have both played very well for TAC this year. I would say that these Xav boys would go 3rd or 4th round.

mate as much as i reckon john shaw could go, rob tarrant cant.. he is a spud and is only recognised by his name.

I have seen him play a few times and has never really done much at all.. i hear he is very inconsistant and plays 1 or 2 good games out of 10 or so!

You're right about Tarrant being inconsistent.

He has played quite a few games where he hasn't kicked goals, but then at CHF he has still taken regular marks.

Except, the good games you talk about have actually been impressive.
He has kicked 3-4 goals in a quarter three times this year.
He did that last year for XC 1sts too. Against Assumption he kicked 5 in the opening term and pulled down 18 marks for the game. This was the game that got him the ticket to last years draft camp.
He will definately be drafted because of his height, tank and capacity to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and shake it apart. I think they call it the X-factor - if he had shown it more consistently he would go higher than the probable 3rd or 4th round that most are suggesting.

Loyola colege in Watsonia.
Its a pitty that Loyola dont concentrate on their school footy and make their guns play like other schools. Loyola would have the biggest freak team with them two, in the side.

got gotta have depth not just two guns. it would take alot longer to build a good team, would poaching come into it? they wouldn't have the money.

From the Grant Delany Ministry of Young Men:

- Thomas Sampson-Jones: A small light rover with alot of flamboyancy and flair around the packs, loves getting his hand on the ball and caressing it through the pipes.

- Stanton Geraint: Tall skinny with fair skin, needs bulk but runs like a tall african animal.

Both expected to go top 50.

Loyola colege in Watsonia.
Its a pitty that Loyola dont concentrate on their school footy and make their guns play like other schools. Loyola would have the biggest freak team with them two, in the side.

We would but our school footy program is s**t. Nobody takes it seriously but you can't blame us. They make us train on the shitty soccer oval. No effort is made by the leaders of the school to enhance the program, they wouldn't even get us drink bottles or a whiteboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back