The Super Spy
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
Wonder Boy 1 and 2
Knights of the Round
Golden Axe
Super Off Road

Its not a Video Arcade without the Neo Geo theme playing in the background

Last edited:
Definitely pinnies. I do like the video games but pinnies easily.

I actually won, one at the local bowling alley in the very early 80s in a Pinball Wizard comp. I beat my older brother's best mate. I didn't even get to take it home, a bloke from the local soccer club walked out of the crowd and pulled out a wad of notes, as only our brothers of European decent could do and offered me $500 for it.

Thank you very much.

I don't have many opportunities to play them these days but I have a preference for machines with multi-ball and ramps such as T2, Fish Tales, The Simpsons. I do like the old classical mechanical ones of the 60s and 70s and the early electronic ones of the late 70s and early / mid 80s.

From memory a game called Simon's Quest was the first life like arcade game in Australia and I also remember the pinnie called Centaur that would talk to you.

Other games on the cocktail table, Scramble, I could put 20c in it and run through it about 5 or 6 times before I lost all my lives or just got bored with it. Defender which was probably the hardest game ever devised. It was too fast with too much going on but had absolutely awesome sound affects. Go and listen to it on youtube. Time Pilot was another I enjoyed and Paint / Crush Roller which was probably just a different version of Pacman. Qix was another with great sound affects and along with games like Asteroid were very early video arcade games.

1607398430104.png

Definitely pinnies. I do like the video games but pinnies easily.

I actually won, one at the local bowling alley in the very early 80s in a Pinball Wizard comp. I beat my older brother's best mate. I didn't even get to take it home, a bloke from the local soccer club walked out of the crowd and pulled out a wad of notes, as only our brothers of European decent could do and offered me $500 for it.

Thank you very much.

I don't have many opportunities to play them these days but I have a preference for machines with multi-ball and ramps such as T2, Fish Tales, The Simpsons. I do like the old classical mechanical ones of the 60s and 70s and the early electronic ones of the late 70s and early / mid 80s.

I used to like hitting the start button on the off chance someone had an unused credit that I could thus use as a free game. Surprisingly happened a lot.... most with pinball games.

Also (have told this story before) NBA JAM was fun to play at the arcade, but like most my experience was more on the mega drive version of TE.

That said there was a time where I took on two others during a Time Zone super session and it was literally 2 v 1 (I hit the credit button on both p1 and p2). I actually won the game despite having to constantly jump from player to player.

At least I kmow the origins of playing Rocket League on the Switch..... while I have a game of Rocket League on the xbox/ps4/pc at the same time :p.

Love the Mario Kart arcade game that you'll find at Playtime, or the cinema. Love doing the drifting with the real wheel and the pedal to jump.

Double Dragon

Playing 2 players with mates was epic fun, double teaming the bad guys with baseball bats and barrels.

How about the hookers that would attack you with whips and then you would steal the whips off them and start whipping them back.

The funniest game I've ever played.

This was great, and once we figured out to use the elbow to beat the bosses we could beat the game pretty easy, great value for money.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played 1942 so much I actually made it to the end of the game where the Japanese surrender. I had a group of people standing around watching me. Glory Days!

Others: Galaga, Time Pilot, Moon Patrol, Ghosts'n Goblins, Galaxian, Gyruss

I played 1942 so much I actually made it to the end of the game where the Japanese surrender. I had a group of people standing around watching me. Glory Days!

Others: Galaga, Time Pilot, Moon Patrol, Ghosts'n Goblins, Galaxian, Gyruss
Gyruss was great. Victorian cricket tragics will recognise the name Les Stillman, who also played for Essendon, he had a newsagent on Unley Rd in the 80s with a table top version of that outside it.

I played the Commodore 64 version a LOT. Paperboy too. Dont remember playing the arcade version though.

I only recall it on one of those table arcade consoles where you sat down with possibly a 2nd player sitting on the other side and a place to sit your drink. Commodore 64 version wasn't much easier from what I remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back