your top three guitarist's

Remove this Banner Ad

Good too see some Waddy love. He produced some of The Church's albums in the late 80's and I loved his Waddy Watchtel band and revolving roster of stars over the years including my late friend Rick Rosas

yeah he's ace - I got into him though my uncle who has all of those Stevie Nicks and Warren Zevon albums that Waddy played on/co-wrote/produced/engineered - so underrated especially here in Australia, hardly anyone seems to know who he is.

Robert Fripp is a wonderful guitarist that hasn't got much love in thread. Including from me.
Created some fantastic songs with his band King Crimson and works with some amazing artists such as Bowie, Gabriel, Blondie and Talking Heads.

Still going strong....although this does have a little this does have a little tooth on it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Hackett from Genesis doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet. One of the earlier exponents of tapping and other techniques, could go from gentle acoustic twiddling to very aggressive hard rock playing. Mike Rutherford is perhaps not in the same league technically, but he was an under-rated guitarist who did a lot of experimenting with weird tunings and effects.

Love most of these, but just wanted to add four that I am surprised haven't been mentioned. Am big fans of these guys.

Brian May (shocked that he hasn't been mentioned at all)
Gary Moore
Jim Martin
Jerry Cantrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back