Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

16/JAN/2009 - Dialectrix @ Revolver Upstairs, Melbourne - $16 GA.
25/JAN/2009 - Serj Tankian @ Palace Theatre, Melbourne - $70 GA.
27/JAN/2009 - Lupe Fiasco @ Palace Theatre, Melbourne - $70 GA.
28/JAN/2009 - Pendulum @ Forum Theatre, Melbourne - $60 GA.
29/JAN/2009 - The Prodigy @ Palace Theatre, Melbourne - $80 GA.
06/FEB/2009 - Pez @ The HiFi, Melbourne - $15 GA.
10/FEB/2009 - The Streets @ Billboard The Venue, Melbourne - $75 GA.

25/1 Between the Buried & Me @ Gov
30/1 Neil Young & Lupe Fiasco @ BDO
13/2 Misery Signals @ Fowlers
17/2 Cult of Luna @ HQ

Playing
25/1 @ Worldsend
3/3 @ Fowlers
27/3 & 28/3 in Melbourne

Here's one I'm heading to over Easter.

Boogie 3 at Tallarook featuring Tony Joe White, Eddy Current Suppression Ring, Dan Aurbach (The Black Keys), Even and more.

There are only 500 tix available - more info at www.boogie.net.au

Should be loads of fun!

Does anyone know who opened for Nick Cave in Adelaide? I've forgotten the guys name. Anyone else there notice the guitar chick almost bursting into tears? there must of been some dramas back stage before hand with the openers.

Does anyone know who opened for Nick Cave in Adelaide? I've forgotten the guys name. Anyone else there notice the guitar chick almost bursting into tears? there must of been some dramas back stage before hand with the openers.
Brian Hooper... The guy cracked the shits when the mike stand he had been waving around for the whole 5 songs started wobbling around... Then jumped off stage like a little girl...

The chick seemed scared, as if it was her first gig... Never looked at the crowd once. Then the other lead guitarist (Who changed to bass for the last song) was in a world of his own, doing all sorts of weird jumps and whotnot...

Their amateurness was funny stuff :p

It may have been her first with the group. I think she had a cheat sheet on the ground next to her. Was quite the age difference between her and the rest of them.

The last song was alright, but that was about it. Why doesn't the singer stand at all?...was a bit weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may have been her first with the group. I think she had a cheat sheet on the ground next to her. Was quite the age difference between her and the rest of them.

The last song was alright, but that was about it. Why doesn't the singer stand at all?...was a bit weird.

It could be because he broke his back a few years ago and has difficulty standing/walking - he walks with a cane.

Brian does some great stuff - he can also be shambolic, when he's good he's excellent though.

heading down to the corner this thurs for the boys of summer tour. Really psyched to see Carpathian and Comeback Kid. Isolation has been in my cd player non stop for like six months, so Carpathian better be bloody good.

I saw them a few years ago when they were more of a metalcore band and thought they were good, but their new record is straight up hardcore and it freaking slays

heading down to the corner this thurs for the boys of summer tour. Really psyched to see Carpathian and Comeback Kid. Isolation has been in my cd player non stop for like six months, so Carpathian better be bloody good.

I saw them a few years ago when they were more of a metalcore band and thought they were good, but their new record is straight up hardcore and it freaking slays. Very high expectations.

It could be because he broke his back a few years ago and has difficulty standing/walking - he walks with a cane.

Brian does some great stuff - he can also be shambolic, when he's good he's excellent though.
Ahh, fair enough. I think this gig went under shambolic.

I saw Nick Cave on Tuesday night and he was in great form.

The dynamics have changed quite a bit over the last few tours. The No More Shall We Part tour featured a lot more of his ballads and slower songs with Nick at the piano a lot. The Bad Seeds still rocked out when it was time though. One of my favourite gigs ever.

The last tour with the choir backing was a bit subdued but a great gig.

Tuesday night saw Nick playing ferocious guitar a lot with Mick Harvey, who is clearly a more accomplished guitarist playing more keys and Warren Ellis soloing on his Mandocaster (I think that is what it is called). A tiny 4 string electric guitar.

Grinderman has clearly got Nick in the mood to play rock !

A highlight was Nick's exchanges with the crowd.

He started the night off with shouting at some bouncers to f**k off out of the crowd and leave a guy alone. "Since when has dancing been a f*****g crime".

A girl shouted out "I love you Nick" He replied " That would make me the luckiest man in the world " Gave her a big smile.

Some guy near me threw a hat on stage for Nick. He picked it up and said " I would rather f*****g kill myself than wear this".

He played a wider selection of material than I can remember him playing before. A few tracks of Dig Lazarus Dig, all the way back to 1986 for Hard on for Love from Your Funeral, My Trial and a lot in between.

Papa Won't Leave you Henry and Mercy Seat were the highlights for me with my only complaint for the night that his voice for Into My Arms was not great. I think all the screaming has taken it's toll on this tour.

Sorry - one more complaint - The staff and rigid rules at Belvoir are always so over the top. The most beautiful venue we have is run by people that are not interested in the paying public as clients. More like cattle.

my morning jacket last night

perfect gig to see for the mood that i was in

i dont think i had the strength to go see bon iver, if i heard stuff like flume, stacks or skinny love live it would have shattered me

upcoming - Ryan Adams

I've seen The Streets 3 times now, an awesome night last night even though I am sick. Only problem I had last night was they had the sound turned up way too much and sounded s**t when I was up the front, I felt like my ears were going to burst. Maybe it's because I'm sick? But then I went up to the side and had a great view and it sounded great. You should defiantly go.

12/FEB/2009 - Van She @ Melbourne Zoo - $27 GA.
24/FEB/2009 - Alkaline Trio @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne - $45 GA.
25/FEB/2009 - Nine Inch Nails @ Festival Hall, Melbourne - $90 GA.
26/FEB/2009 - Resin Dogs @ Melbourne Zoo - $27 GA.
27/FEB/2009 - Soundwave 09 @ Melbourne Showgrounds - $130 GA.

04/MAR/2009 - End Of Fashion @ The Barwon Club, Geelong - $20ish? GA.
05/MAR/2009 - N*E*R*D @ Hisense Arena, Melbourne - $100 GA.
06/MAR/2009 - End Of Fashion @ East Brunswick Club, Melbourne - $17 GA.
12/MAR/2009 - Birds of Tokyo @ Palace Theatre, Melbourne - $35 GA.
20/MAR/2009 - Downsyde and Drapht @ The Hi-Fi, Melbourne - $25 GA.

Not that much coming up. Supports in brackets.

01/APR/2009 - Kaiser Chiefs (Razorlight) @ Palace Theatre, Melbourne - $90 GA.
02/APR/2009 - Snow Patrol (Jenny Lewis) @ Palais Theatre, Melbourne - $90 seats.

Saw Rise against on satuyrday night, pretty good show altho too much from the last two albums, not enough revolutions per minute

Seeing Frenzal on friday and again in a few weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back