Youth, rookies and Post the Defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats all well and good, so where does your theory leave Mcguane and Thursfield? If you have Rance and Post and Moore as your three "big" defenders, what is the point of the other two?

That was exactly my point that should have traded one or two of them for a forward, as other clubs are short on key defenders.

sheesh talk about whinge .
common sense and learning from what every other team does.

on team lists almost right across the board sides lists are structured up with 6 tall forwards 6 tall backmen and 4 ruckmen. why so many you ask.

well simply put age experience and development account for these numbers which are a minimum.
think about it most sides take into game day 3 tall defenders. what do you do if injuries occur? where are you if you dont have players in development in a bid to continually improve your stocks. yep most sides have 3 tall defenders of which they are established core list players at least.

clearly as far as kpds go we are one or two short we have plenty of third tall options and players who can pinch hit kp if need be. but we only have two genuine big bodied kpds and they are both in development.

the list has Rance, Post, Thursfield, Mcguane, Moore, and Grimes. 6 tall defenders. unfortunately for us mcguane is not up to standard. thursfield is in a make or break sesason. moore is a running third tall type. grimes is still to small and in his first yr and rance because of skill deficiency is only 50/50 on making it. sheesh i think it pretty important we find at least one tall defender of quality. i keep saying this but if things dont work out with the young talls we are up the creek without a paddle. imo with so many iffy tall defenders it would not hurt to have more than the required minimum of 6.

sheesh talk about whinge .
common sense and learning from what every other team does.

on team lists almost right across the board sides lists are structured up with 6 tall forwards 6 tall backmen and 4 ruckmen. why so many you ask.

well simply put age experience and development account for these numbers which are a minimum.
think about it most sides take into game day 3 tall defenders. what do you do if injuries occur? where are you if you dont have players in development in a bid to continually improve your stocks. yep most sides have 3 tall defenders of which they are established core list players at least.

clearly as far as kpds go we are one or two short we have plenty of third tall options and players who can pinch hit kp if need be. but we only have two genuine big bodied kpds and they are both in development.

the list has Rance, Post, Thursfield, Mcguane, Moore, and Grimes. 6 tall defenders. unfortunately for us mcguane is not up to standard. thursfield is in a make or break sesason. moore is a running third tall type. grimes is still to small and in his first yr and rance because of skill deficiency is only 50/50 on making it. sheesh i think it pretty important we find at least one tall defender of quality. i keep saying this but if things dont work out with the young talls we are up the creek without a paddle. imo with so many iffy tall defenders it would not hurt to have more than the required minimum of 6.

So, who are the 6 key forwards you say we need??

That is my point , we have the backline far better covered than the forward line.
Who are the six?

That is my point , we have the backline far better covered than the forward line.
Who are the six?

Given Hardwick has said Post is earmarked for the backline, I'd say that he doesn't share that view with you.

No offense, but I'll trust his judgment, at this stage. Remember that he is making these decisions for the long term, not just this year.

So, who are the 6 key forwards you say we need??

Who are the six?
what if one of our tall backs end up being all hype and are s**t then we still have someone to come in. i'd rather have thurstfield playing 2nds than not having anyone to come into the team incase of injuries and other stuff.

what if one of our tall backs end up being all hype and are s**t then we still have someone to come in. i'd rather have thurstfield playing 2nds than not having anyone to come into the team incase of injuries and other stuff.

Exactomundo Fonzarelli...far too many clueless halfwits on this board who only think in terms of a first 22 that miraculously never get's injured or loses form. Spell it out for them E-V-E-R-Y C-L-U-B N-E-E-D-S D-E-P-T-H. :eek:

hey C2CP, do you know where he would like to be playing?

Does he think he is a better forward than back???

He doesn't really talk to me about that kind of stuff...

But from what I saw on Saturday night, maybe you need some different targets up forward? I think you have the backline covered, especially now with Gourdis - why has it taken so long for him to get a game btw? I think he was impressive...

He doesn't really talk to me about that kind of stuff...

But from what I saw on Saturday night, maybe you need some different targets up forward? I think you have the backline covered, especially now with Gourdis - why has it taken so long for him to get a game btw? I think he was impressive...

Oh ok LOL

yeah plenty of people want him up forward, and maybe with the Goo impressing he might just get moved, but I doubt it. Our backline is severley under sized so I think they are hoping Posty will become our first good size defender, and the Goo will probably replace rance in the pecking order. My only question on posty down back is his speed, I havent seen enough of him to know what his closing speed is like ????

We have all wanted to see the Goo in action for some time, he has the tools thats for sure, and their are plenty of rumours surrounding him, but lets just treat him as a new recruit from now on :)

Oh ok LOL

yeah plenty of people want him up forward, and maybe with the Goo impressing he might just get moved, but I doubt it. Our backline is severley under sized so I think they are hoping Posty will become our first good size defender, and the Goo will probably replace rance in the pecking order. My only question on posty down back is his speed, I havent seen enough of him to know what his closing speed is like ????

We have all wanted to see the Goo in action for some time, he has the tools thats for sure, and their are plenty of rumours surrounding him, but lets just treat him as a new recruit from now on :)

Pretty sure your foward line is severely undersized also...
Personally, I'd like to see him play forward. And I don't think he should be swung back and forth either. But, Jayden will do what he is told and I'm sure Hardwick knows what he is doing.

2010 is the Year of the Dog anyway... BIG BAD BAZZA!!!!!

Personally, I'd like to see him play forward. And I don't think he should be swung back and forth either. But, Jayden will do what he is told and I'm sure Hardwick knows what he is doing.

yeah you are right, you dont have another brother do you :D

You were doing so well, and then you go and ruin it with that last sentence LOL

T'would be quite funny if Post lines up on Hall :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back