Past Zach Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

I would do Motlop for 2E. (Ducks. Stays down.)

Carlton team toughness index....

system-collapse-300x240.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you might like supporting a team whose talent has deserted them but I don't. Gibbs and Tuohy have not shown much confidence in the club or Bolts.

Gibbs wants a shot at success + the benefit of being closer to his family.
Tuohy wanted to stay but felt the contract we offered was unders.
neither of them have shown any ill will to the club.

do you think we're anywhere near a flag? do you not think Adelaide and Geelong are better options for two players who are approaching their 30's?

Guthrie straight swap would do me.

It would be sensational if they were prepared to let him go but I just can't see that happening, he's too good a player.

They have a handful of others who are "trade bait" that may be offered up (eg. Murdoch & Horlin-Smith), otherwise, you'd have to expect the Motlop trade to be intertwined with the Tuohy deal.

Mate you might like supporting a team whose talent has deserted them but I don't. Gibbs and Tuohy have not shown much confidence in the club or Bolts.
Read between the lines. Have a look at the statement the club put out today about Gibbs and then look at the reason why we have offered two very low contract offers.... EDIT: low contract offers to Touhy

Last edited:
Gibbs wants a shot at success + the benefit of being closer to his family.
Tuohy wanted to stay but felt the contract we offered was unders.
neither of them have shown any ill will to the club.

do you think we're anywhere near a flag? do you not think Adelaide and Geelong are better options for two players who are approaching their 30's?
Gibbs is under contract with three years to run. End of story. He should be held to his contract unless Adelaide pays overs. If he is let go for a return that supporters consider inadequate the Club will suffer. Supporters will drop off. Also the talk about him wanting to go home should be dismissed for the nonsense it is. Home is a 50 minute play ride away ffs. That excuse is pure tosh.

As for Tuohy he should reward the club for giving him a career. He is also a very valuable, injury free player. If Geelong want him they should pay overs as well.

Finally you seem to have missed another point. The desire of both players to leave reflects poorly on the coach.

I have followed Carlton for a long time. I am not accustomed to them being losers!

Read between the lines. Have a look at the statement the club put out today about Gibbs and then look at the reason why we have offered two very low contract offers....
Gibbs is under contract.No low offers have been made to him. I have read the club's statement about Gibbs. It is very brief. Which of the few lines in it should I read between to decipher the hidden meaning revealed to you?!!!

Sorry i don't rate Guthrie, much happier with a 2017 first rounder or a 2nd rounder and KolaJazzKnee (sorry about the spelling)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back