Delisted Zachary O'Brien (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Higher scoring name in Scrabble makes all the difference.

Forget the Z.

It's high time they introduced the apostrophe (') and a value for it.....at least 15.

O' something-or-others would just cane.......besides which the possessive case would really come into its own.

Zac O'brien's footy bootz ......across a triple word score....huuuuuge!!!!

Corrigan said it was fantastic two former VFL Bombers in Zac O’Brien (Brisbane Lions) and Patrick Ambrose (Essendon rookie list) were picked up after a strong showing in 2013.

“When you look at Zac O’Brien and “Patty” (Ambrose) they two great guys who worked really hard last year.”

“They may not have played every game last year but when they did they showed enough and it’s shows the program that we’ve got.”

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-02-09/young-bombers-on-the-improve

Pretty pumped for his debut. Hope he isn't the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty pumped for his debut. Hope he isn't the sub.

I don't think he will be. I'm not a fan of tall guys being the sub but surely one of our taller defenders will be the sub. A starting defense including Matt Maguire, Justin Clarke, Joel Patfull and Darcy Gardiner is too tall and too slow to match up well against Carlton's forward line.

Looked very comfortable at AFL level. Seems to be one of those players who will be around and impacting the contest all game.

O'Brien doesn't want to let go of his chance

ZAC O’BRIEN waited a long time to make his AFL debut, and after helping the Brisbane Lions to an upset win over Carlton, the workaholic midfielder doesn't plan on giving up his spot. After a nervous beginning, the 23-year-old thrived, finishing with 15 disposals and the all-important go-ahead goal late in the fourth quarter.

Following his elevation to the senior list this week, he intends on doing everything possible to keep his position. "My goal is to play every game for the rest of the season and hopefully win as many games as we can," O’Brien told AFL.com.au outside a buzzing Lions' dressing-room after the win. "If you have to work harder for it … I think it's sweeter. "I'm 23 now and played 10 games in the NEAFL and got my confidence there and came into the game today thinking I could play my role, and I think I've done that." "To come up here (seniors) and to play OK and for the team to win, you couldn't ask for a better start to an AFL career."

329604-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

I've watched most of the replay and I think ZOB is absolutely quality. I reckon potential A grader. His first quarter he hadn't adjusted to the pace of the game but after that it was clear he's on of those guys with great poise in the contest that always seems to have extra time when under pressure. Like Simon Black use to.

I'm all over the ZOB bandwagon after last night.

Last edited:
I've watched misted of the replay and I think ZOB is absolutely quality. I reckon potential A grader. His first quarter he hadn't adjusted to the pace of the game but after that it was clear he's on of those guys with great poise in the contest that always seems to have extra time when under pressure. Like Simon Black use to.

I'm all over the ZOB bandwagon after last night.
Interesting comment. I mentioned to a couple of others about him still needing to adjust to the speed of the game. Promising debut no doubt but will be looking to see if he does pick up the pace into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back