Wii/U Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to pick up a Wii U first but this will be the first game I get.
I never actually played it in the first place (I was too busy getting stuck into the PS2 games and the parents wouldn't buy us two new consoles) so I couldn't be more keen. It'll be a good way to fill the gap between Grand Theft Auto V/Pokemon X&Y and the new Smash Bros and Zelda games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so beautiful! :hearts:

Honestly when WW originally came out I was so against it because of the "kiddy" graphics but the storyline makes up for it. One of my favourites in the series.

I was so mad when Nintendo did WW on GameCube instead of carrying on with an epic in the Ocarina of Time universe that I actually didn't buy a GC at all during that generation for that reason alone. I felt it was a cop-out to do a cartoony Zelda game - the beginning of a long-running series of shortcuts from the big N. If somebody had told me in 1999 that there wouldn't be another Zelda or Mario game as good as the 64 iterations for at least 15 years, I probably would have gone postal (my opinion of course - there were some good titles on the Wii but imo not as good or visionary as the N64 days).

I am enjoying this HD version though. Just hope the next Zelda on WiiU is a fully serviced epic, unlike Mario 3D World, which I also feel is a cop-out with its linear levels and time-based restrictions each course.

I was so mad when Nintendo did WW on GameCube instead of carrying on with an epic in the Ocarina of Time universe that I actually didn't buy a GC at all during that generation for that reason alone. I felt it was a cop-out to do a cartoony Zelda game - the beginning of a long-running series of shortcuts from the big N. If somebody had told me in 1999 that there wouldn't be another Zelda or Mario game as good as the 64 iterations for at least 15 years, I probably would have gone postal (my opinion of course - there were some good titles on the Wii but imo not as good or visionary as the N64 days).

I am enjoying this HD version though. Just hope the next Zelda on WiiU is a fully serviced epic, unlike Mario 3D World, which I also feel is a cop-out with its linear levels and time-based restrictions each course.

Really? i reckon the game is going to be awesome loved everything about Mario 3D Land.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back