M.Still & T.Slattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Michael Still- Drafted as a bottom age player in 2008 with pick 54, 194cm tall forwad who kicked the second most goals in the TAC cup in 2008. Bombers could be trying to move him on to the rookie list.

Tyson Slattery- Drafted in 2008 with pick 67, 189cm tall defender who had a good year for bendigo which was rewarded with a game in the seniors against adelaide.

Both players unlucky to be delisted after only completing their second year at the club. Any clubs likely to be interested?

Michael Still- Drafted as a bottom age player in 2008 with pick 54, 194cm tall forwad who kicked the second most goals in the TAC cup in 2008. Bombers could be trying to move him on to the rookie list.

Tyson Slattery- Drafted in 2008 with pick 67, 189cm tall defender who had a good year for bendigo which was rewarded with a game in the seniors against adelaide.

Both players unlucky to be delisted after only completing their second year at the club. Any clubs likely to be interested?

If they can't make it in a team that is crying out for a FF of any quality and a backmen to take Fletchers spot once he retires, why would any other club want them?

If they can't make it in a team that is crying out for a FF of any quality and a backmen to take Fletchers spot once he retires, why would any other club want them?

That must be why Bachar Houli can't get anyone to offer him a contract...

What is the story with Still?

Wasnt he a highly rated youngster? What kind of roll does he play in the forward line? or is he just a straight ff?

I would say we would rookie both(at a guess, im not any better informed than the next guy), but I would be happy for another club to give them a go, i think they were both hard done by

I thought if Still wasnt able to be picked up earlier the year before his age groups draft - if that makes sense, than he wouldve been a top 20-30 pick?

You don't actually know anything about our list do you?

Worth noting Still has reportedly got a broken foot

Was Slattery really only drafted in 2008?

Feels like he has been around for much longer.

me thinks you're getting Henry and Tyson confused. henry was like 2004. no relation btw.

Hurley, Hooker, Pears and Daniher. Plenty of talls to replace Fletcher. Also Slattery isnt a tall defender he plays on the 3rd tall.

But Still and Slattery couldnt get a game because Knights was an idiot and would always play his favourites instead of people who deserve matches and then when people who earned a call up played they would be played out of position.

I've got a bad feeling we'll pick up Slattery. We've gone after recycled players in the last 2 drafts with Leigh Brown and Simon Buckley, can see us doing it again with the number of spots we need to fill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be looking at Still. Saw him in the VFL a few times and looked okay for a 19 year old. Definitely worth a rookie shot.

Melbourne are likely to turn over most of their rookie list this year so would be happy to see us draft Still. Foot injury or not.

Would be happy if Carlton rookied either of them.

I'm actually quite baffled that Essendon would delist these two.
No thanks.

We have no need for another third tall like Slattery.

Still isn't really needed either with our rookie list pretty full as it stands.

We might have to delist Donaldson to possibly re-draft him.

I suspect that T.Slattery is nearly a certainty to be rookied - Possibly in Adelaide. I think that he has enough AFL attributes.

Still didn't come on as expected - albeit a second year tall forward. Be interesting to see if he is picked up as a rookie.

I'd take Still at collingwood

Couple of seasons in the system, a couple of years younger than Dawes

Let him develop in the 2's, coz as a junior i didnt think there was anything wrong with him as a player that a couple of seasons of experience wouldnt fix

Can't believe the dons have chopped these two when they have so much junk sitting on their list. Dyson, H. Slattery etc.

These 2 both may be a slim chance of making it, where as others have had a heap of games to only prove they can't make it.

dyson is contracted, slattery is the only small defender on the list. on the other hand t. slattery doesn't play in a unique position and i guess they've got Joe Daniher to agree to come to us and think he'll be a good one. not that i agree with these delistings. atkinson and lonergan would have been my preferred delistings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back