Gambling addiction

Remove this Banner Ad

account manager will be on the phone resetting your password by 11am Saturday

In your own interests of course

Actually getting married Saturday, so i might be hard to reach.

Thanks for the support, you sound like a great person.

pointing out the account managers care absolutely zero about you and everything about how much you lose there is as good a piece of advice as you'll hear. If you stop punting they will ring you with offers, it is their job

You not liking the advice doesn't make it worse

They do care because they build relationships with these people, some they like some they don't, but in the end of the day they do want you losing money with them because that's their job but to say if somebody was a rock bottom they don't care is bullshit, because i had a friend of a friend who hit rock bottom and they let him out of the money he owed them as he was suicidal, The doctor had written a letter without him knowing to the agency which knew of his problems and from his own mouth tried getting him to close his accounts a year earlier, but he thought he was in control, he is banned for good with them now.

Sportsbet are actually the only betting agency i have seen on the market advertising the new take a break option.

If you close your account (take a break) they actually can't call you, its against the law and they can get in serious s**t for it.

What's with the hate about having an account manager? i occasionally get looked after with things get the best price (BEL) and if i have any issues like a website problem where a bet didn't go through, I can call them and they sort it out plus when we do catch up once every 3/4 months we have a good time on the piss which is all paid for.

Just typical i don't get that, so why not be a hater about it.

Stopped punting from yesterday so lets see if they call me in a couple weeks or at all, I will tell you regardless if they do as i am interested myself.

Last edited:
i had a friend of a friend who hit rock bottom and they let him out of the money he owed them as he was suicidal, The doctor had written a letter without him knowing to the agency which knew of his problems and from his own mouth tried getting him to close his accounts a year earlier, but he thought he was in control, he is banned for good with them now.
THIS
DID
NOT
HAPPEN

yes they care enough about you to not want you to kill yourself. That's about it

you said you changed your password not closed your account, ergo your account manager will do their job and call you

I can't talk for everyone here but there is no hate from me, only simple mockery. The reasons I mock are primarily (a) that you initially wore having an account manager as a badge of honour and (b) your refusal to accept bookies close winning accounts based off the experiences of two friends of yours and what bookie sales people say

Oh and (c) mockery is a fun distraction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mean to be snarky, I guess I am just jealous, my ~VIP~ account manager doesn't even know my name.

I think that he must have looked at my birth certificate and read where it said 'Father'

181178_b08922def809bb0179d9516d649a7ee7.png

Don't mean to be snarky, I guess I am just jealous, my ~VIP~ account manager doesn't even know my name.

I think that he must have looked at my birth certificate and read where it said 'Father'

181178_b08922def809bb0179d9516d649a7ee7.png

You are way past snarky.

Classic bet would match any deposit match, the trouble is getting the money back when you win, the pricks took 3 weeks to pay me i never used them again after that.

yes they care enough about you to not want you to kill yourself. That's about it

I presume thats because they want to siphon as much money as they can out of the punter. Pretty hard to achieve if the punter kills himself. Unless of course he kills himself and has left money in his account.

I presume thats because they want to siphon as much money as they can out of the punter. Pretty hard to achieve if the punter kills himself. Unless of course he kills himself and has left money in his account.

That won't stop them either - they've be known to sniff around the estate/anything left over.

That'd be a win for the account manager. He and his mates would be high fiving all the way to the bowl of cocaine.

That'd be a win for the account manager. He and his mates would be high fiving all the way to the bowl of cocaine.

Is there a law around that? As in if the account has not been active for a period of time, does the money go back into the owners bank account? Surely someone dying with money in their betting account cannot be a windfall for the bookie?

Is there a law around that? As in if the account has not been active for a period of time, does the money go back into the owners bank account? Surely someone dying with money in their betting account cannot be a windfall for the bookie?

It would be unless a relative claims it, you don't name a next of kin on sign up. I imagine after a certain amount of inactivity the account is auto-closed.

Attending? He organised the bloody thing!

Nah he volunteered to organise the Bucks night. They're going to the races during the day, then a twilight dogs meet then onto the trots that night. The joint has given him a $100 deposit bonus match as a wedding present, accessible on bucks day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back