3 recent flags but the Cats are nearly as broke as Brisbane. Why?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you talking about geelong stadium money (which goes to the geelong council not football club) or hawks tassie govt sponser money?
All of it. There is lip service paid to the community in order to secure government monies. The whole competition is a rort

your major sponser is a government. Which means your sponsership money is all public handouts. How stupid are you hawks supporters?
Someone doesn't know the difference between investment and charity. No surprises its a Geelong supporter

Matthews volunteered carey as his greatest. He wasbt asked either. Atleast the time i heard it. Plenty of players have said ablett was the greatest they saw without being asked who was the greatest. Gees you thought that was a one off?
Yes he was asked, or at least it was a discussion on the greatest players whereas Carey on the other hand simply referred to Matthews as the greatest without any prompt or even context that's the kind of thing one does when there is no contest and no debate left

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-24/joel-selwood-named-as-captain-of-20-in-20-academy-allstar-team

GEELONG champion Joel Selwood has been named captain of the NAB AFL Academy '20 in 20' all-star side to mark two decades of the prestigious program.

The three-time Cats premiership player, who graduated from the academy in 2006, beat a strong field of other captaincy candidates in the final team.

Selwood edged out Hawthorn's three-time premiership captain Luke Hodge, West Coast premiership skipper and Carlton leader Chris Judd, Sydney Swans premiership co-captain Jarrad McVeigh and his former Cats teammate Cameron Ling – all members of the 20-man line-up.

Former and present head coaches of the national academy gathered in Melbourne last month to select the line-up, named to celebrate the 20th intake of the program.

Joel Selwood beat Luke Hodge and Chris Judd for the captaincy role. Picture: AFL Photos
hodgejudd_620.jpg
More of the usual AFL pro-Geelong bias that we've seen in All-Australian teams for years, nothing to see here folks.

Someone doesn't know the difference between investment and charity. No surprises its a Geelong supporter
Are you trying to argue that infrastrucutre is charity whilst cash hand outs is investment? Really?

In any case your home grounds were built by government money as well. All stadiums are built by government money. However Geelong gets its sponsers from the private sector. You get yours from government hand outs. Hawks are the ultimate government funded club.

Yes he was asked, or at least it was a discussion on the greatest players whereas Carey on the other hand simply referred to Matthews as the greatest without any prompt or even context that's the kind of thing one does when there is no contest and no debate left
no he wasnt asked. Carey was also about 11 when matthews retired abd lived in nsw. He would have no idea how good matthews was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you trying to argue that infrastrucutre is charity whilst cash hand outs is investment? Really?

In any case your home grounds were built by government money as well. All stadiums are built by government money. However Geelong gets its sponsers from the private sector. You get yours from government hand outs. Hawks are the ultimate government funded club.
No, because the Tasmania deal isn't 'cash handouts'. I'm trying to discuss this with you seriously, and this is all you have?

no he wasnt asked. Carey was also about 11 when matthews retired abd lived in nsw. He would have no idea how good matthews was.
Yes he was, it was in the Leigh Matthews open Mike interview. He points out why Carey was better than ablett, and why senior was better than junior.

Yes he was, it was in the Leigh Matthews open Mike interview. He points out why Carey was better than ablett, and why senior was better than junior.
Do you think that has been the only time he has said who the best player of all time is in the past twenty years? Ive heard him on two seperate occassions claim it in his channel seven commentary gig. Also heard him say it on radio.

Explain it then? Geelong recieves cash hand outs from ford for pasting ford stickers everywhere and doing some ads in front of ford cars. How is your deal different?
You're all over the place. Don't even have your definitions in order. Firstly I wasn't commenting on whatever sticker arrangements you have with Ford. Then there is also a world of difference between a handout and advertising deals and the like. Calling the Tasmania deal with Hawthorn a series of handouts is about as weirdly misguided as it gets

Do you think that has been the only time he has said who the best player of all time is in the past twenty years? Ive heard him on two seperate occassions claim it in his channel seven commentary gig. Also heard him say it on radio.
The difference as I have repeatedly stated is that Carey in this instance simply offers his opinion without being asked or without it being required even. This admission from a man who was once thought to be in the running 4 goat status is pretty huge. I imagine that Usain Bolt would be introduced much the same way these days

The difference as I have repeatedly stated is that Carey in this instance simply offers his opinion without being asked or without it being required even. This admission from a man who was once thought to be in the running 4 goat status is pretty huge. I imagine that Usain Bolt would be introduced much the same way these days
And as i have repeatedly stated, so has matthews volunteered the same thing without being asked. Ive stated the same thing in four posts and it doesnt seem to be computing in your brain.

And as i have repeatedly stated, so has matthews volunteered the same thing without being asked. Ive stated the same thing in four posts and it doesnt seem to be computing in your brain.

It's not about it not being asked necessarily, but rather that it's not around the conversation of the greatest player anymore. Matthews just gets introduced as the greatest no matter the context, and even former candidates like Carey are now bowing down.

It's not about it not being asked even, but rather that it's not even about the conversation of the greatest player anymore. Matthews just gets introduced as the greatest, and even former candidates like Carey are now bowing down.
No he doesn't, I often hear Ablett Snr introduced as the greatest ever, And no they're not...they're just being modest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back