List Mgmt. DFA 2016: Period #3 opens 26/11 (Player List & Signings in OP)

Which DFA would you like most?

• Barlow (FRE)

Votes: 40 21.3%
  • Grigg (ADE)

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Henderson (ADE)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dempsey (ESS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dea (ESS)

• Russell (GCS)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Grimes (MEL)

• Dawes (MEL)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • McKenzie (NM)

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Templeton (STK)

• Richards (SYD)

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • McInnes (WCE)

• Brown (WCE)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Litherland (HAW)

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • O'Shea (PA)

• Not Listed

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Barrett (GWS)

Votes: 37 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My list:
Grimes (former AFL captain getting NEAFL stats)
X.Richards (getting a game in the 2nd best 22 in the league)
NDS (rookie - the bloke is silky)

Tall forwards Dear, Richards or Lamb- Lamb is the most talented player, Dear (2 Harry's up forward would be cool) had some stand out games in the SNAFL but disappeared in others and Richards would be better as a 3rd tall.

Rucks Downie or O'Brien- Downie we chased him earlier in the year and O'Brien is going to be a great ruckman and the plus side is we get one back on Adelaide for Jacobs

Older players Barlow or Jonas- Barlow would help with the development of Cripps and any inside mids we draft this year and Jonas could be a replacement for Tuohy.

I would like Dear, Lamb, O'Brien and Barlow.

Love the work of the Opening post, but colour coding doesn't work for those on tapatalk :sad:
For each of the three subheadings, the first row is red is auto-DFA, second row is not, and then the third row is a mix. Essentially if they're a second or third year rookie, they can unilaterally reject a contract offer and go into DFA instead of the draft.

First year rookies have to go back into the draft unless they get delisted.

We are into O'Shea if he is delisted. Very keen.
I hope Barlow for Cripps protection.
Henderson to replace Tuohy.
Grimes as small defender until Byrne is back.
Shultz as VFL/ coach rookie
We've only got room for one DFA from what I can see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DVR might surprise with one more year. Seems like he is physically behind other players of the same age. With another year he might just be... ok?

Him and Buckley are the 2 I really don't want to lose. Plus with Tuohy gone and Byrne out for the year we now need HBF's

A genuine forward who can straighten us up would be handy if Levi keeps misfiring. I assume Dees will retain Dawes though.

Barlow or Dal Santo to add to the midfield rotations will be very helpful for us. Dal Santo particularly is a good ball user and still racked up the stats in 2016. Reckon he has a year or two left in him still. Can take Daisy's spot.

Midfield

1. Cripps
2. Gibbs
3. Murphy
4. E Curnow
5. Palmer
6. Dal Santo/Barlow
7. Wright
8. Kerridge
9. Cuningham
10. Boekhorst
11. Graham

* Pick 5 may play right away in there somewhere
** Not sure where Pickett will play or if he will be ready

It is a shallow midfield and if you can pick up a mid for free and they slot in right at the bottom of their first rotation that is something we should look at for a year or two. The worst that can happen is the VFL team gets the benefit of some experience.

Xavier Richards is like a deer in the headlights, no bloody thanks.

He's had some poor moments in games, but from what I've seen has been pretty consistent, leads well and kicks solidly at goal. Decent 3rd tall, especially for free, I would have thought.

13.7 from 10 games, but four of those were finals.

I'm hoping we jettison Everett, Graham, Tutt, Whiley, DVR and maybe more
Buckley's the only other uncontracted player.

Im thinking we may only use 4 picks in the ND, so may be able to take 2 like last year.
We would have never taken pick 70 off Hawthorn if we had no intention of using it. That's 6 at the draft.

A genuine forward who can straighten us up would be handy if Levi keeps misfiring. I assume Dees will retain Dawes though.

Barlow or Dal Santo to add to the midfield rotations will be very helpful for us. Dal Santo particularly is a good ball user and still racked up the stats in 2016. Reckon he has a year or two left in him still. Can take Daisy's spot.

Midfield

1. Cripps
2. Gibbs
3. Murphy
4. E Curnow
5. Palmer
6. Dal Santo/Barlow
7. Wright
8. Kerridge
9. Cuningham
10. Boekhorst
11. Graham

* Pick 5 may play right away in there somewhere
** Not sure where Pickett will play or if he will be ready

It is a shallow midfield and if you can pick up a mid for free and they slot in right at the bottom of their first rotation that is something we should look at for a year or two. The worst that can happen is the VFL team gets the benefit of some experience.
Dawes is set to be released.

Without including players who regularly played KPD or ruck last year, our forwards depth chart looks like this at the moment:

McKay
C.Curnow
Casboult
Silvagni
Gorringe
Jones
Jaksch

All the senior guys are on 1-year deals at the moment, so we'll be able to sort our depth (or bring in a senior name with talent) next off-season. No point going nuts on an overloaded position right now when we want to develop our 2nd year KPFs.

The trouble is that Gorringe, Jones, Jaksch and Casboult will be lucky to tally 40 goals between them.

Back