Past 26. Harrison Macreadie

Remove this Banner Ad

They probably need to keep points for their academy players they want next year.

What points are they keeping?
They had the points to match our bid with picks they never ended up using.
To my understanding you do not get credit points based on picks you decide not to use when you can use them. Maybe some new rule you aware of that I not come across that would help explain your suggestion they are keeping points by not bidding at that pick.
Please elaborate what you meant.

Meantime, Macreadie, a Carlton supporter, was a little surprised but extremely delighted to go to the Blues.
“I’m over the moon, it’s a dream come true, to be honest,” Macreadie said.
“It’s unreal, I’m going to the club I’ve supported. I couldn’t be happier.
“It’s been a great night and this just tops it off.”

How bad a year did he have to have dropped off everyones (bar us) radar?

I asked Brett Anderson on Twitter if we got a steal and he said if he plays like he did as a 17 year old, he would be a steal

Well worth the risk considering where we took him.
Same goes with Kerr. Some of the draft watchers on BF had us taking him in the second round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's encouraging about this lad is that he performed very well in his bottom aged season.

It's indicative of his capacity to mix it with older and bigger bodies.

Lots of room to grow.

Love this pick - was rated top 5 on quality as late as May this year and the best tall in the draft before tailing off.

Bonus that we can hold it over GWS until the end of time... think we'll be happy with this kid - upgrade on JGM and almost a Marchbank/Plowman hybrid in my eyes.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/15439491/may

EDIT: Watch this video - made me laugh that every time Macraedie got the ball, half the players started screaming 'Harry!'. To me, that shows a lot - very highly thought of and popular player.

I'm finding it hard to put into words how excited I am about our young tall stocks... feels weird tbh.

Last edited:
I think that we mugged GWS with the Setterfield bid. And then when Adelaide bid on Perryman, we knew that we had the chance of getting either Mutch or Macreadie. I think that it was planned that we bid on Setterfield or Perryman to ensure that we got one of GWS's other highly rated academy players.

2016 NEAFL

Harrison MACREADIE (Giants)
Totals

• 9 games
  • 0 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 1 time in the best players list
Averages
  • 5.7 kicks
  • 6.0 handballs
  • 11.7 disposals
  • 3.9 marks
  • 1.1 tackles
  • 0.2 frees for
  • 0.3 frees against
  • 0.0 hitouts
  • 0.3 clearances
  • 1.1 inside 50s
  • 1.8 rebound 50s
  • 44.33 DT points
LdxJAes.png

Those stats actually don't mean a lot. If you've ever been to a UWSG game then you're aware the ball spends at least 80% of game time locked inside their F50. The blokes in the back half have sneak forward of the centre square to get a possession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back