Autopsy Round 23, 2018: Hawks defeat swans! Top 4 ******s!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the 3rd quarter again. Astonishing how bad the umpiring is. We got off one from Stratts incorrect disposal in a tackle, but that HTB against Miles....WTF? Didn’t even have the ball.

Broke my remote after the non HTB decision on Aliir

Did anyone else hear the mic'd up umpire asking over his headset whether he should pay deliberate out of bounds? I think the free went to us, but who the * was he talking to? Is that normal?

Conor Nash ran at 35.3 KMPH.... which puts him equal 8th for the highest speed ever recorded in AFL records (i think they began in 2017).

Nice!

He also ran 2.3k at high speed... 3rd in the match
He had 25 sprint efforts.....1st in the match

Good thing we’ve locked him up - I guarantee you there’d be a few NRL sides that would love him on the wing. A winger who can tackle - yikes!

Conor Nash ran at 35.3 KMPH.... which puts him equal 8th for the highest speed ever recorded in AFL records (i think they began in 2017).

Nice!

He also ran 2.3k at high speed... 3rd in the match
He had 25 sprint efforts.....1st in the match

2 metre small forward.

Not sure Dongara is a hotbed of Rugby League talent! Great crayfish though.

Was mainly taking the piss about how BT brings up Breust’s Rugby League background every.damn.time he fends.

Last edited:
Never beaten Clarko at the scg.

Seeks to strangle hawthorn so when we do win it’s close wins, tries to make it a slog. I have nothing against horse as a footy person but he’s been at the club since 2002, everyone has a used by date. He is fine as a representative of the club, speaks well, acknowledges opposition etc but still.

I know you all generally don’t rate our talent like I would, but I think he wastes what he has. Ronkes pace for instance with Clarko as his coach , he would be way better utilised. Heeney in the ruck...wtf.

His style is past it imo and has been for a while truthfully . We make finals because the skill is there, not saying we are awesome but there’s a reasonable list.

Why is it that when you are dominating you never seem to get a decent break from us? In the first half you lead should have been somewhere between 6-8 goals, that's my view anyway. A lead of only 19 points showed you couldn't put us away early, and I think it has been much the same in other games between us.

Why is it that when you are dominating you never seem to get a decent break from us? In the first half you lead should have been somewhere between 6-8 goals, that's my view anyway. A lead of only 19 points showed you couldn't put us away early, and I think it has been much the same in other games between us.
Because they aren't as good as they or the media like to think they are.

Did anyone else hear the mic'd up umpire asking over his headset whether he should pay deliberate out of bounds? I think the free went to us, but who the **** was he talking to? Is that normal?
He was talking to the boundary umpire I think. From the TV coverage they had eye contact.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am the same, I hate reading posts about the umpiring but tonight was absolutely to another level... it was jaw dropping stuff, Meredith and Rayzor need to be sacked.
I have a theory that when people start to know an umpires name it means they are doing a poor job.

It will be interesting to see how fickle the jury of media and BF opinion is on the Hawks after that win. What say you now Danger Sloane, Snake Baker, Number 37 et al?

Good thing we’ve locked him up - I guarantee you there’d be a few NRL sides that would love him on the wing. A winger who can tackle - yikes!

He said in an interview he loved playing full back when he could grab the footy, run and weave his way down the field. He is something special, that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though we won, how that game was umpired should be investigated.
Don't worry Gillon is all over it. Already has Hocking looking into how we won tonight. AFL House is furious. :drunk:

Sensational win by the boys.
To overcome that terrible one sided umpiring was a credit to them.
Those two individual effort from Silk on the boundary were brilliant.
Big Boy towelled up Sinclair, Harry M was super, Nash great & Poppy wound back the clock.

Did anyone else hear the mic'd up umpire asking over his headset whether he should pay deliberate out of bounds? I think the free went to us, but who the **** was he talking to? Is that normal?
Watching footy at home should be a remote and projectile free zone. Especially when Razor is umpiring.

My opinion would be that they had the hawks defence down and were attacking then revert to defence

Heeney takes that great mark then what’s he do turns around and kicks backwards 40 meters not long after hawks goal

The standard swans instinct is too defensive and that’s coaching imo

Watching the 3rd quarter again. Astonishing how bad the umpiring is. We got off one from Stratts incorrect disposal in a tackle, but that HTB against Miles....WTF? Didn’t even have the ball.

I think Kennedy should have been pinged for holding the ball.
He was doing nothing more than holding it against Miles, who was no where near having possession- Kennedy made no effort to get the ball out.

If you want to have less atoppages, pin the bloke trying to hold it in when the opponent doesnt have possession at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back