Past Daniel Menzel - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love it if we didn't need him but we have a similar player in Reid who also breaks down. We only really need one of them to be firing if we have Buddy, Sinclair and McCartin available.

Now apologise for putting the image of plumbers cracks into our heads. Not nice at all.

Haha sorry about that :p

Sorry to say but there is no guarantee with Menzel, if he stays fit he will be bloody good for you but unfortunately his body has more cracks than a plumbers convention and could easily break down. Hope it all goes well for him though and he proves Geelong wrong, new environment might be just what he needs.

One year deal is pretty much no risk. I was concerned we'd give him 2 years & I think that may have been the hold up. I also can see him staying on in an off field role should his on field role not turn out for him.

One year deal is pretty much no risk. I was concerned we'd give him 2 years & I think that may have been the hold up. I also can see him staying on in an off field role should his on field role not turn out for him.
Let's not start planning his post-football career just yet. I want him to kick a few goals for us first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good get, he's usually good for 25+ goals a season even in injury interrupted years. That would make him our second or third most fruitful goal source. Any questions surrounding the defensive side of his game I'd think the coaches would fix up.

Good get, he's usually good for 25+ goals a season even in injury interrupted years. That would make him our second or third most fruitful goal source. Any questions surrounding the defensive side of his game I'd think the coaches would fix up.
The best defensive move with a footy is to put it back in Row 23 through the goals. And that he will do.

Hope he goes well for you guys. I was disappointed he was cut by Geelong but it seems his body is a very iffy prospect. I still rate him as a pure forward who's sole job is to kick goals and hopefully he can play that role well for you guys and stay fit doing so.
We have given you a bloke who will do a hamstring having a shave in the morning. Cheers.

Thanks. Hope Rohan gets his head in the right place and plays to his potential. He seemed to struggle mentally in Sydney and will do well to be back with family. I wonder if he might finally become consistent. Great player to have when he's on. Blinding speed, scary tackling and impressive marking. Penetrating foot. All the gifts. Just rarely put them into a full 4 quarters.
You do realise he absolutely loves Sydney and it’s lifestyle? He was absolutely pissed he got traded, it has absolutely nothing to do with family at all!

What hold up? He flew in and then flew out (cue thinking music on the plane...both ways) and then what seems like a very quick negotiation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back