Random Discussion Thread 144- Where Ochre kicks better than future AFLW star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's a question, if you could take any average West Coast former player and turn them into a star retrospectively, who would you take?

I would pick Ashley Sampi, taken in the same year as Judd and in the early days considered every bit as good, he could do things few others could. Would have loved to see what Andrew McDougall could have been as well. They both played in 2006, imagine if they were starring in that forward line with the midfield we had? The back end of 2004 as a 20 year old Doogs looked really good. Kicked 26.21 in an 11 week stretch where we won 9 games to sneak into the finals.

Here's a question, if you could take any average West Coast former player and turn them into a star retrospectively, who would you take?

I would pick Ashley Sampi, taken in the same year as Judd and in the early days considered every bit as good, he could do things few others could. Would have loved to see what Andrew McDougall could have been as well. They both played in 2006, imagine if they were starring in that forward line with the midfield we had? The back end of 2004 as a 20 year old Doogs looked really good. Kicked 26.21 in an 11 week stretch where we won 9 games to sneak into the finals.
Andrew Strijk. I was sure he was going to be a gun.

I was convinced that we were going to turn Brad Dick into an elite A grade small forward

At the end of 2012 I was convinced Wellingham would come in and turn him self into an A grade mid.

I was convinced that we were going to turn Brad Dick into an elite A grade small forward

Yeah man that was mine too, had such high hopes for him. Showed glimpses at the Pies - won the Anzac medal IIRC, but his stick-insect-like body just wasn't built for the rigours of footy.

The end of 2009- Tom Swift played the last five games in the midfield and got better and better each match. In his 10th game of AFL footy he had 26 touches, 6 clearances, 10 tackles, 3 Brownlow votes and kicked a goal. That was the last game of 2009, and he went into 2010 as favourite for the Rising Star...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The end of 2009- Tom Swift played the last five games in the midfield and got better and better each match. In his 10th game of AFL footy he had 26 touches, 6 clearances, 10 tackles, 3 Brownlow votes and kicked a goal. That was the last game of 2009, and he went into 2010 as favourite for the Rising Star...
We would have won 2015 GF if Swift was still in the side.

Yeah Mcdougall looked fantastic when he started. With those two firing and the rest of the team not self-destructing we would have had more of a dynasty than Hawthorn and Geelong. We would have been an all time side.

WC should really have been the dominant club of the 2005-2020 period but we only have two flags to show for it (nothing to sneeze at but doesn’t do us justice IMO)

At the end of the day it’s all (Prince Andrew etc ) about misdirection

View attachment 781783

Who’s the boss ??

Ghislaine Maxwell’s father

Robert Maxwell, Israel’s Superspy: The Life and Murder of a Media Mogul (Book Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back