MVP Votes v Catters - Round 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The Best Start to a season that any Gen Z'er (and some young enough Millenials) has ever been alive to experience.

12 votes to all of the best players in your opinion. Maximum 12. You can award fewer. You can award negative (to an extent). You have 3 days to vote.

Could probably give votes to half the team.

2 - Gawn
2 - Lever
2 - Petracca
1 - Fritsch
1 - Oliver
1 - Pickett
1 - Viney
1 - Langdon
1 - Salem

Honourable mention to Tomlinson. Was completely out of his depth on Hawkins but battled away to the best of his ability.

Hunty didn’t do enough to get the 12 from me this week so:

3 Trac
3 Lever
2 Clarry
1 Kossie
1 Spargo
1 Gawn
1 Sparrow

EDIT: meant Slick rather than Gawn, though Max was grewt

Last edited:
Hunty didn’t do enough to get the 12 from me this week so:

3 Trac
3 Lever
2 Clarry
1 Kossie
1 Spargo
1 Gawn
1 Sparrow

Thought Hunt played really well again though, amazingly, probably one of his cleanest disposal games ever in terrible conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty even across the board. Was going to just go 1’s across everyone but Lever’s leadership really stood out going up to everyone about settling down and getting restructured.

3 - Lever
2 - Trac
1 - Gawn
1 - Oliver
1 - Tomlinson
1 - Salem
1 - Langdon
1 - Fristch
1 - McDonald (the number of contests he hit was huge and really felt like he drew their defence out and provided space)

Last edited:
4 Trac
2 Lingers(god I love him watching live you can really see how great he is at filling gaps in defense than spreading out and being an outlet on the break)
2 Lever
2 Fritta
1 Tommo(he actually neutralised Hawkins in some genuine 1 on 1s, yeah the kicks weren't to Hawkins advantage but Tommo held up decently well, ofc Tomahawk still got a look or two but he's the best tall forward in the comp, or close to it IMO.
1 Hunt(my mate said he passed the eye test=>clean and really helped us on the break. I don't think we're an amazing ball movement team that can break down well setup presses, unlike a Sydney, so having Hunt who can break lines off half back(and he'll hopefully do this more when conditions are better) is pretty imperative)

2 - Gawn
2 - Oliver
2 - Lever
2 - Langdon
1 - Tomlinson
1 - Fritch
1 - Viney
1 - Trac

some others stiff to miss out on votes , Salem , Hunt , Sparrow , In fact most of the team .

Geez I saw the game different to everyone, I thought Lever was our most important by a mile with Trac and Langdon the next best

6 lever
3 Lingers
3 Trac
I saw it similar, although I had Viney instead of Trac. Felt like Viney really set the tone all day - he was so aggressive around the ball (12 mf'ing tackles! to go with 8 clearances). Easily could have found some votes for Trac, but I went with the symmetry of 4 votes each to match our 4 nil start

Remove this Banner Ad

Back