Autopsy Rd 14 - Cats beat Dogs after the siren. The this is gonna be good thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not tall enough when it counted
The extra runner Bevo likes - almost, does well in home and away but finals?
We need to be taller

If Martin had got up we win by 25 in my opinion. Such a good game but we just missed a couple of our pieces that would give us the edge on them come finals đź‘Ť

I’ll have a go.

He’s a C U Next Tuesday.

Oh that's a given, you've just gone for the low-hanging fruit there.

Would love to see him Mackay-ed, but with the Mackay-er having real intent and smashing his head to pieces. I mean to the point he drinks through a straw for life. And with plastic straws phased out, the paper ones get soggy eventually, so he would be a dribbling mess. And his brothers are no better. What a quality family. Parents must be so proud. Bunch of c****s the lot of em.

Play with that kind of intensity against the other top teams and we give ourselves every chance. Much much better turn up compared to the Melbourne and Richmond games. Play with that intensity + not shoot ourselves in the foot via dumb errors, even better. Good example of the importance of home ground advantage. Not much else separated the teams all night.

I know a bit will be made of our record vs top 8 teams, especially if we go down next week. Honestly though, I think the most important part is just getting that double chance, getting some players back, and seeing what happens from there. I don't really care about the how we get a top 4 finish as long as it's there. Our list has weaknesses but I think we've finally found (when available) a functioning forward line with a midfield (...when available) that's better than all others.

Hopefully they let this one burn, go take it to West Coast, and do what needs to be done in our easier part of the fixture to come.

Side note, and not pinning it on him, just an observation as others have also made, but what's happened to Crozier?. Been one of our most consistent performers since he got here, and was looking like he was putting Easton out of a job. But those roles have completely reversed this year. It looks like he's doubting himself at every moment, when he used to be one of our cooler customers.

As I remember it Cordy was surrounded by Geelong players and clearly had zero exit options to use as Geelong pushed through the middle of the ground.

yep. If he puts it close to the line and it goes over, its a free kick.

I guess in 20/20 hindsight, a free kick on the wing with 40s to go is the least worse option, but its a tough split second call to make.

I think apart from the obvious players who are clearly keeping a spot warm for currently injured players, Im starting to question Crozier. His decision making and disposal isnt flash and he is fumbly and panicky in close. Great and rugged aerialist, and he has served us well, but I wonder if we can slot someone back there who is either better in close or offers better run and carry? Actually the answer is Wood, isnt it. Not a lot of run and carry, but he is stronger in the contest.

Our back line just lacks class and polish

What has happened to baz? I’m absolutely baffled. We finally have room in the guts where he was great in 2020. And he’s still on the wing and struggling?

Again, there are many higher priority issues that come out of that game but I couldn’t agree more. He’s struggling and could do with a spell

Even if naughton is right to play I’d rather we play JUH instead of Hannan. He’s been a hell of a liability and I actually loved that we recruited him initially.
Did you see his stats from the seconds?
He got four possessions and the report on telly said he is nowhere near senior selection.

In case I get lambasted for sounding like a broken record, we need to recruit another ruckman at season's end. Martin has limited mileage left and I don't think he'll play next year and Sweet doesn't have the ability to be a No 1 ruckman. So you can assume from this that I don't think English will be our No 1 either. When he is asked to play that role he is ineffective and gives us little around the ground either. He's mainly a forward or a good intercepting option across half back but relying on him to carry the ruck is a step too far.

It seems to be a Beveridge instruction to have a full 18 man press during close games, I've seen it multiple times over the years. Not having a goal keeper is simply unfathomable, Cordy having no support shows how ridiculously high everyone was pressed.

Glad i'm not the only one that has noticed it in the last 4-5 seasons.

We let the opposition get the kick out the back every time!

Play with that kind of intensity against the other top teams and we give ourselves every chance. Much much better turn up compared to the Melbourne and Richmond games. Play with that intensity + not shoot ourselves in the foot via dumb errors, even better. Good example of the importance of home ground advantage. Not much else separated the teams all night.

I know a bit will be made of our record vs top 8 teams, especially if we go down next week. Honestly though, I think the most important part is just getting that double chance, getting some players back, and seeing what happens from there. I don't really care about the how we get a top 4 finish as long as it's there. Our list has weaknesses but I think we've finally found (when available) a functioning forward line with a midfield (...when available) that's better than all others.

Hopefully they let this one burn, go take it to West Coast, and do what needs to be done in our easier part of the fixture to come.

Side note, and not pinning it on him, just an observation as others have also made, but what's happened to Crozier?. Been one of our most consistent performers since he got here, and was looking like he was putting Easton out of a job. But those roles have completely reversed this year. It looks like he's doubting himself at every moment, when he used to be one of our cooler customers.

Crozier’s first half was comfortably the worst he’s played in a bulldogs guernsey. Second half better but definitely not great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libba is unbelievable
Bont has to kick around the corner within 20m, even if directly in front

really poor leadership to not have massive numbers behind the ball for that last minute

Nice to see Wallis back and contributing double the effective touches of Hannan in half the game time time
Can’t believe we did not have a spare back. Don’t they coach for these scenarios. Unforgivable by the players if they did not follow a plan with 1 minute to go but I suspect there is no plan and thats why there was no spare.

Did you see his stats from the seconds?
He got four possessions and the report on telly said he is nowhere near senior selection.

Saw him play on the Kayo Broadcast and agree he didn’t play well. But I’d rather develop him in the big leagues the way we went with Scott and McNeil. Hannan really doesn’t offer anything at the moment and more often than not costs us a scoring chance when he’s near the ball.

Did Gardner try to trap the Geelong player into a decision when he got the ball, and potentially snare a turnover? He definitely didn’t run full steam to get it…

Maybe I’m wrong, but the vision looks absolutely damning

Look, I think Gardner has improved and he’s by no means the reason we lost that game (MC the biggest). But he is not good enough to be a second KPD in a flag team imo and it’s baffling to me that the club thinks so.

They have every single player back.

I don’t give a stuff. Should we just forfeit?

Look at tonight. Injuries, carrying spuds, dumb mistakes, Stewart unmanned and we were ahead when the final siren went at that s***hole.

Treloar, Dunkley, Martin, Vandermeer, Wood, Naughton, Lipinski, MacNeil…we’ve got hell of lot to come back.

WE CAN BEST WEST COAST.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back