2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both would be nice, just wasn't sure how elliot was rated by crows supporters. Key fwd who can ruck at 200cm, just turned 23 years old so maybe 2 years off his prime, adelaide have quite a few key position players so is forced to play in the sanfl.
Could be an option for sure, he looked good in 2020 but has struggled this season. Stuck behind Thilthorpe, Tex, Fogarty and probably Frampton as well atm.

Kinda playing like a guy who can see the writing on the wall and knows he's probably not breaking back into the best 22 anytime soon. A fresh start might be what he needs and I doubt he'd cost too much trade or salary-wise.

Could be an option for sure, he looked good in 2020 but has struggled this season. Stuck behind Thilthorpe, Tex, Fogarty and probably Frampton as well atm.

Kinda playing like a guy who can see the writing on the wall and knows he's probably not breaking back into the best 22 anytime soon. A fresh start might be what he needs and I doubt he'd cost too much trade or salary-wise.
If he is behind a cooked Tex and Frampton it’s a no for me

Do our recruiting staff/list management team not realise that key position defender depth is a serious problem at the club? I have serious reservations about Rory Thompson ever playing for our AFL side again so let's rule him out straight off the bat. Collins is great and a true leader of the club but we look so lost without him its not funny. Ballard is solid if he has a bigger/stronger sidekick like Collins but looks far less effective without a capable partner in crime. Graham simply isn't up to the standard and I'm unsure if he'll ever make it. We need a guy like Jack Payne from the Lions. A very capable KPD who can slot straight into the starting 22 and provide genuine replacement depth that won't dramatically lower our chances of winning if he gets the call up to play.

IMO not having Collins available for the Fremantle clash probably cost us a win and I'm sure we would have been a lot more competitive against Port with Collins in the line up. Having said that, we can't be so reliant on one guy going forward. We need depth and the KPD position is one I feel needs to be fixed immediately. Recruiting DGB at last year's draft would have solved a lot of problems but unfortunately the Hawks stole our man with the pick before ours. So now we have to fix this problem on the run either through trading or drafting. Are there any solid KPDs available in this year's draft that will be available around our first round pick?

Brad Scott very likely to be our head of Football in 2022. Where that leaves Stewie I am not sure. Been told the AFL is going to help us with outside cap spend on the footy Department
It would leave him extremely nervous.
I hope that's true that's great news.
Haines can go get a job in line with his skill set. Selling used cars in Logan.

Not worried about drafting and trading.

Worried about getting more out of the players we currently have.

In a 3 consecutive draft/trade periods we brought in Weller, Powell, Ballard, Luko, King, Ranks, Rowell, Ando, Flanders, Collins, Budarick and Ellis.

Every other team would be ecstatic to have that group of players over a 3 year period.
Ecstatic.

For clarity, my company has financially supported the Club since inception (though not a major sponsor).

Every second Monday a group of key business supporters get together for lunch at the Marriott, usually with someone from the Club.

Today we were told:

1. club approached Clarko about coaching (which the AFL would fund). He is very likely to leave the Hawks as the Pies want to poach Mitchell but Clarko won't leave Melbourne. Clarko also hates Kennett. Mathieson has opened his wallet and it is very likely Clarko ends up at the Blues.

2. The AFL and Mark Evans recognise we need an experienced person in the Head of Football area. Brad Scott does not wish to coach but would be a great football head. Whether we keep Dew or go for a new coach is undecided. Adam Yze is leading the pack from the untried coaches. Mark Williams also being discussed but possibly as Head of Football or Coach - not sure. Michael Voss is another name who would bring instant recognition in Queensland. Scott as Head of Football and Voss as coach would be interesting

3. Ross Lyon will end up at GWS if Leon misses finals

4. Pies will go hard for Lyon but unlikely he will accept them as sees their list as too far off a flag

Would like to see the what the Scott / Vossy combination could do with our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For clarity, my company has financially supported the Club since inception (though not a major sponsor).

Every second Monday a group of key business supporters get together for lunch at the Marriott, usually with someone from the Club.

Today we were told:

1. club approached Clarko about coaching (which the AFL would fund). He is very likely to leave the Hawks as the Pies want to poach Mitchell but Clarko won't leave Melbourne. Clarko also hates Kennett. Mathieson has opened his wallet and it is very likely Clarko ends up at the Blues.

2. The AFL and Mark Evans recognise we need an experienced person in the Head of Football area. Brad Scott does not wish to coach but would be a great football head. Whether we keep Dew or go for a new coach is undecided. Adam Yze is leading the pack from the untried coaches. Mark Williams also being discussed but possibly as Head of Football or Coach - not sure. Michael Voss is another name who would bring instant recognition in Queensland. Scott as Head of Football and Voss as coach would be interesting

3. Ross Lyon will end up at GWS if Leon misses finals

4. Pies will go hard for Lyon but unlikely he will accept them as sees their list as too far off a flag
Please no more untried coaches.TBH I'd rather stick with Dew if Scott came on board rather than start again with a learner driver

Brad Scott did an amazing job with a very average North Melbourne list for many years. Would absolutely love it if he was our coach. Voss as well, did well with his Brisbane list at the time he was coach but get him away from list management.

With the Coch admitting we lack senior players and we chased two senior players last year. It’s fair to think we’d be in that same market again.
Cale Hooker, Astbury, Robbie Tarrant, Tex, Talia, Lynch (Adel).??
Color me entirely underwhelmed.Ugggh:rolleyes:
I know Host Super are a major sponsor but this is taking it to extremes.

On field leadership, crunches packs. Bit like Charlie Dixon does.
As for defenders David Astbury would be an ideal partner for Collins.
Astbury is just about cooked and would be lucky to complete 2022
probably not a suitable player for the SUN's

With the Coch admitting we lack senior players and we chased two senior players last year. It’s fair to think we’d be in that same market again.
Cale Hooker, Astbury, Robbie Tarrant, Tex, Talia, Lynch (Adel).??

You’d be better off recruiting Alastair Lynch than Tom lynch from Adelaide

Color me entirely underwhelmed.Ugggh:rolleyes:
I know Host Super are a major sponsor but this is taking it to extremes.
Haha. That was just a quick look at who is possibly available, a key position player, and would cost us nothing. One year maybe out of them but provide leadership on field.
Tex and Hooker have kicked 30+ this year. Sam averages a goal every 2nd week.
I’m sure there are others but just an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back