Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a lot of Saudi investment in England?

Ironically they bought a large share in BP.

There seems to be very little to no investment from private business owners with no links to their national governments which to me indicates most of the investment is politically motivated from Saudi Arabia and other ME nations. Suspect the UK govt probably is chasing investment from the ME post Brexit.

They generally arent interested in sporting clubs because they arent a great investment. Elon Musk would be all over a PL club if there was a fortune to be made off it.

A couple of Hollywood stars (someone like Matt Damon) owns a league 1 or 2 club but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

Wouldn't surprise me if LeBron James becomes a part owner of a club one day, you would be surprised how popular football, especially the Premier League and La Liga is among NBA stars.

Steve Nash is a Spurs tragic for example, in fact he was a Champion Junior Footballer in Canada before he became an NBA champion and arguably the worst two time MVP winner ever (he definitely robbed Kobe in one of the year's he won it)

Oh the irony of someone commentating with an Israel flag on their bio, a country that constantly proven to be guilty of war crimes/genocide/crimes against humanity.

The irony of you being triggered by a flag of a place that is a million times better place to live if your a woman or gay is funny.

You can even crack a beer after work and not risk getting a whipping for it.

The irony of you being triggered by a flag of a place that is a million times better place to live if your a woman or gay is funny.

You can even crack a beer after work and not risk getting a whipping for it.

That does not excuse their war crimes and oppression of the Palestinians and stealing their land etc.

Also I am certain the Othodox
/Haisidic community of Israel are not exactly pro women or gay rights either.

Israel is far from the so called enlightened Oasis in the Middle East as people like you would believe.

A couple of Hollywood stars (someone like Matt Damon) owns a league 1 or 2 club but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

Wouldn't surprise me if LeBron James becomes a part owner of a club one day, you would be surprised how popular football, especially the Premier League and La Liga is among NBA stars.

Steve Nash is a Spurs tragic for example, in fact he was a Champion Junior Footballer in Canada before he became an NBA champion and arguably the worst two time MVP winner ever (he definitely robbed Kobe in one of the year's he won it)

LeBron owns part of Liverpool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That does not excuse their war crimes and oppression of the Palestinians and stealing their land etc.

Israel is far from the so called enlightened Oasis in the Middle East as people like you would believe.

Israel is irrelevant to this conversation. The Israeli state isn't buying an EPL club.

When they do, have at it.

Ryan Reynolds part owns Wrexham in non-League.

Its irrelevant to this conversation as Israel isnt sportswashing its image through buying of a football club.

Oh the irony of someone commentating with an Israel flag on their bio, a country that constantly proven to be guilty of war crimes/genocide/crimes against humanity.
COUNTRY. Not PERSON.
That tweet is one man passing on his opinion on a footballing matter.

Does that mean that if I tweet similar sentiments about the NUFC takeover with an Aussie flag someone could discredit it as we have not had the best human rights record on Christmas Is and Nauru with refugees??

Its irrelevant to this conversation as Israel isnt sportswashing its image through buying of a football club.

Okay i will drop it, don't want to make this a hostile political discussion.

Easy to forget that two of the all time great of modern football, Zidane and Mo Salah are Muslim, as well as a sizable portion of the black players currently playing in the Premier League.

Former Leeds fan favourite Allioski is one too.

Islam is a big part of football these days, and it's naive to pretend otherwise, despite some awful and barbaric regimes in Saudi Arabia etc, and I am actually looking forward to the World Cup.

FIFA have actually instructed the Qatar government to allow gay/rainbow flags at the tournament, and if this means that it opens up that country and culture to gay culture and lifestyle,I think that can only be a positive thing.

I am a big supporter of the Rainbow Laces program and was proud we had a former Leeds player Robbie Rogers come out as gay.

Anyhow my point is football is and should be everyone, regardless of religion, race and especially orientation.

And yes I would be willing to sign a petition against the Saudi takeover of Newcastle United, they are a toxic group of power hungry racists who distort the true meaning and message of Islam to carry out cruel and inhumane acts of torture and murder.

Established1870 would you welcome the Qataris if they bought Sunderland? Wouldn't be surprising considering the fierce rivalry between Saudis / Qatar.

heck no I'd be against it from day dot and the Qataris are easily the lesser evil compared to the Saudis. Luckily we just have the second cousin of Elaine Benes as our owner and Boro will always have Steve Gibson who's the best club owner in England.

Being a Sunderland fan I have a better knowledge and understanding of Newcastle's pain and suffering than anyone else aside from NUFC fans, but their desperate attempts to justify this is sickening. Ashley is a massive campaigner and was a horrible owner but as a person and an owner he's a million times better than the Saudis ever will be. Leave the Khashoggi stuff aside, these arseholes actively spend billions on exporting the ideology that's inspired the likes of ******* ISIS and Al-Qaeda across the globe and murder people for the crimes of being gay, being raped or leaving a religion. How in the blue hell can Newcastle fans ever justify that?

But yeah nah aye Toon fans can finally see Jonjo Shelvey get replaced with Marco Verratti or Joshua Kimmich and can "watch their team again".

heck. Off.

Tbh though I disagree with them, I feel Newcastle fans are being unfairly maligned for celebrating the takeover.

I will be honest and admit if the Saudi group offered to buy/takeover Leeds United when Ken Bates was owner, I would have done cartwheels at the thought.

That grey bearded old **** very nearly killed off the club and at least used some of our funds as part of his embezzlement and tax problems he had (which is why the d/h moved to Monaco)

When you have had to put up with a pathetic owner like that who saw us almost liquidated and relegated to the hell hole that is league one, you would almost accept anyone else as owner, no matter what brutal crimes and atrocities they are guilty of.

It's somewhat easy for supporters of clubs like Liverpool or Man Ure when you have never been placed in a position where bad ownership has driven your club to its literal knees.

When you have had to put up with a pathetic owner like that who saw us almost liquidated and relegated to the hell hole that is league one, you would almost accept anyone else as owner, no matter what brutal crimes and atrocities they are guilty of.

My club had a pretty well documented case of this exact scenario happening that you can watch unfold like the train wreck it was on Netflix, right now! I can still sit here and say heck the Saudis I'd rather have the campaigner who wanted to give the Stadium of Light an Ibiza atmosphere.

Tbh though I disagree with them, I feel Newcastle fans are being unfairly maligned for celebrating the takeover.

No, they aren't. The ones trying to justify all the heinous s**t the Saudis do because "Mike Ashley made me hate watching PL football" deserve all the s**t they get and probably more. I hope they get relegated from a Moussa Sissoko hat trick at SJP and watch their billion dollar team play at ******* Luton Town or Lincoln City.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back