Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

book of boba fett - been universally panned so far... i dont mind it!

loads of fan service, maybe too much but thats what i like, familiar species and faces, not new introductions all the time. Im just not sure morrison is the right bloke though

book of boba fett - been universally panned so far... i dont mind it!

loads of fan service, maybe too much but thats what i like, familiar species and faces, not new introductions all the time. Im just not sure morrison is the right bloke though

I didn't think it was copping that much heat? Isn't the main criticism is that it's boring?

FUMcRxwUAAAXjW4

Jeez the heart was racing when Vader rocked up!!!

Then I felt dissapoint...after so much build up it was nothing like the epic Saber battles of past...til I thought about it

..vader probably let obi wan go because he was disappointed at how weak he was, not giving a fight, just toyed with him a bit but it didn't fulfil his anger. He wants him to be stronger so he can beat him properly and get full revenge next time. Little does he know qui gon will get involved, train obi wan right back up then the second dual will end in another Obi-Wan victory...years later they meet on the death star...finally we meet again, you were the master but now I am...

I was thinking about it, In these epic type franchise or saga movies there are pivotal iconic moments.

Say star wars legacy moments are obi wan fighting anakin on mustafar, obi wan fighting Vader in death star, Vader fighting Luke in jedi. Everything else is in the shadows around these iconic times...

Then you get this non movie, a tv series of all things that has the hide to try and add another meeting fight between these two heavyweights... I tell you what you'd wanna get it right, you are meddling with big stuff here... If it goes bad you've actually cheapened the legacy product... Anyhow we wait to see the finished product

Last edited:
Jeez the heart was racing when Vader rocked up!!!

Then I felt dissapoint...after so much build up it was nothing like the epic Saber battles of past...til I thought about it

..vader probably let anakin go because he was disappointed at how weak he was, not giving a fight, just toyed with him a bit but it didn't fulfil his anger. He wants him to be stronger so he can beat him properly and get full revenge next time. Little does he know qui gon will get involved, train obi wan right back up then the second dual will end in another Obi-Wan victory...years later they meet on the death star...finally we meet again, you were the master but now I am...

I was thinking about it, In these epic type franchise or saga movies there are pivotal iconic moments.

Say star wars legacy moments are obi wan fighting anakin on mustafar, obi wan fighting Vader in death star, Vader fighting Luke in jedi. Everything else is in the shadows around these iconic times...

Then you get this non movie, a tv series of all things that has the hide to try and add another meeting fight between these two heavyweights... I tell you what you'd wanna get it right, you are meddling with big stuff here... If it goes bad you've actually cheapened the legacy product... Anyhow we wait to see the finished product
He's definitely toying with him, wants the suffering.

I'm a bit confused with how this will end though. My question is (and it's been awhile since I've seen them)
Are we under the impression that Vadar believes Obi-Wan is dead when they meet again? Or just that it had been a long time.

Are we heading for a Obi-Wan victory? It has to be surely because of the "when we last met you were the master"
But I don't know if we can get an Obi-Wan victory and then suspend the disbelief that Vadar stopped looking for him and hunting him?

I agree with getting it right though, something Disney has had mixed success with is the cheapening of legacy and iconic moments and characters through their new stories.
I'd hope they may get the balance right and we get benefits to what we knew and an increased appreciation, however so far personally there has been too many missteps for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like they are ruining Darth Vader.
We'll see how it ends up, but I dunno. Prior to Rogue One and now this, think about what we actually saw Vadar do versus his 'myth':
ANH - Strides impressively onto a ship after the fighting is done and yells at a Princess, bullies some officers on a death star, barely manages to defeat old space wizard in single combat and only then because space wizard let him, gets in a few space combat kills before doing cartwheels through space courtesy of a space trucker while the death star explodes..
ESB - chokes out some naval officers, gets on to Hoth just in time to fail at stopping the Falcon from leaving, hires external help to find what he needs, sets an elaborate trap which doesn't actually work but does manage to chop off his son's hand
ROTJ - threatens some construction workers, has a reunion with his son, gets his hand cut off by his son, kills his boss, dies

He's a bit of a badass in ESB but other than that he's really a character that everyone fears without us ever really seeing why. Showing us that the fear is based on something probably won't hurt

We'll see how it ends up, but I dunno. Prior to Rogue One and now this, think about what we actually saw Vadar do versus his 'myth':
ANH - Strides impressively onto a ship after the fighting is done and yells at a Princess, bullies some officers on a death star, barely manages to defeat old space wizard in single combat and only then because space wizard let him, gets in a few space combat kills before doing cartwheels through space courtesy of a space trucker while the death star explodes..
ESB - chokes out some naval officers, gets on to Hoth just in time to fail at stopping the Falcon from leaving, hires external help to find what he needs, sets an elaborate trap which doesn't actually work but does manage to chop off his son's hand
ROTJ - threatens some construction workers, has a reunion with his son, gets his hand cut off by his son, kills his boss, dies

He's a bit of a badass in ESB but other than that he's really a character that everyone fears without us ever really seeing why. Showing us that the fear is based on something probably won't hurt

I'd liken it a bit to the imagination and mystery associated with a character that you don't know everything about.
Having a character that has been around decades but (outside comics, novels etc) was only really hinted at allows people to fantasise and wonder in their own minds what he had done, what he was capable of.
They then decades down the track try and explain and show it, the mystery and wonder is gone. Nothing is ever as good as how it may have seemed in your head.
Hell that was half the problem with the new films, there were so many ways they could go and people formed all these theories and whipped themselves up into a frenzy only to then be disappointed with what eventually happened.

Some things are best left unexplained, and that list usually gets longer the more time those things have been around shrouded in mystery.

He was pretty much the shark in jaws...lots of foreboding music, the odd fin here and there, a few ancillary deaths by association but we were mostly fearful of what he might be....then we see him at the end....oh, ok

I'd liken it a bit to the imagination and mystery associated with a character that you don't know everything about.
Having a character that has been around decades but (outside comics, novels etc) was only really hinted at allows people to fantasise and wonder in their own minds what he had done, what he was capable of.
They then decades down the track try and explain and show it, the mystery and wonder is gone. Nothing is ever as good as how it may have seemed in your head.
Hell that was half the problem with the new films, there were so many ways they could go and people formed all these theories and whipped themselves up into a frenzy only to then be disappointed with what eventually happened.

Some things are best left unexplained, and that list usually gets longer the more time those things have been around shrouded in mystery.

I agree that as a universe, too much of Star Wars has been explained, which has destroyed the wonder, speculation and fantasy that made the original trilogy so good. However I'm not convinced the relatively minor additions we've seen so far Vader fits in to this category. It may change, but we haven't seen anything that detracts from his character yet, and in some ways it helps to flesh out a character that was for the most part a cool costume and foreboding music.
I do reserve the right to change this opinion by the end of the series!

There's also the fact that we were introduced to this character very differently to someone born in the past 15 years. They've grown up understanding that Vader was a big-bad, but also seen his skills and character as a young man through Clone Wars. For a 12 year old following the story of Anakin, this extra footage and stories probably makes more sense (most of this based off watching my kids interact with the star wars universe 😀)

I agree that as a universe, too much of Star Wars has been explained, which has destroyed the wonder, speculation and fantasy that made the original trilogy so good. However I'm not convinced the relatively minor additions we've seen so far Vader fits in to this category. It may change, but we haven't seen anything that detracts from his character yet, and in some ways it helps to flesh out a character that was for the most part a cool costume and foreboding music.
I do reserve the right to change this opinion by the end of the series!

There's also the fact that we were introduced to this character very differently to someone born in the past 15 years. They've grown up understanding that Vader was a big-bad, but also seen his skills and character as a young man through Clone Wars. For a 12 year old following the story of Anakin, this extra footage and stories probably makes more sense (most of this based off watching my kids interact with the star wars universe 😀)

I grew up raised by the image of a crusty old man inside that helmet once revealed, all lustre was ruined, now I see Hayden Christensen in there in my mind, it's a different beast entirely

Is anyone else feeling that 2022 is just a comparison of whether Essendon or Star Wars can be more disappointing?

Is anyone else feeling that 2022 is just a comparison of whether Essendon or Star Wars can be more disappointing?
I thought Obi Wan was pretty good. Did build the Vader power nicely but also showed why Obi Wan was the master and Anakin the padawan.

I thought Obi Wan was pretty good. Did build the Vader power nicely but also showed why Obi Wan was the master and Anakin the padawan.
I’m mostly satisfied with the basic story, even the parts that were loose with the canon, it was just the cheap execution that disappointed me. Just so many plot holes and inadequate music.

Early doors I was upset, in a nutshell I thought they were showing too many flaws in Vader which was perhaps tarnishing his legacy as this ultra powerful fearsome belligerent... but I came to realise post ep6 that the failings Vader had were all the same failings Anakin had so it all tied in and rung true.

Also I had this strange feeling where I felt sorry for vadar, if anything I came away from the series feeling sad for him. He almost sounds resigned to a life (suit) he's trapped in...got tricked into it on decent intentions, to save his wife, but got in too far and couldn't get out, like a junkie who knows the drugs are no good but can't stop either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back