Crypto.com - with Visa debit card, big cash back offers

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys,

Anyone else here using the Crypto.com ecosystem?

The Visa debit card is a great money saving opportunity. Cash back on all purchases and they cover your subscriptions like Spotify and Netflix.

The Syndicate events every two weeks are literally money for nothing.

Keen to hear if anyone is also participating?

I have a bit in crypto.com. Have supercharged a few coins. I originally started using it to play around with meme coins. Bought doge then bought some cro. Then had a little panic attack about the app and sent most of that to coinspot. A month or so later I came to my senses and started using it again and bought some shiba that went 6x LOL!

Are you able to get the credit card in Australia and earn crypto?

Yeah I am pretty sure you can, although I haven't done it myself. The app used to be Singapore based but is apparently owned by an Aussie firm now.

Yeah I am pretty sure you can, although I haven't done it myself. The app used to be Singapore based but is apparently owned by an Aussie firm now.

I had a look earlier and couldn’t really see where without depositing some of their coin to ‘earn’
I was talking more spend x in fiat and earn y in BTC

Yeah that is a problem. They want you to "invest" in CRO. I have bought some CRO and made not bad gains from it. I see CRO as being crypto.com's version of BNB and look where BNB is now. Not saying that CRO will definitely take off but who's to say any coin will take off? At least this one has an exchange pushing it. Anyway as per usual this is not financial advice. Look into it yourself and see if it works for you.

I got the red card. Has been awesome.
But unstaked my card 2 days ago though cause Cro finally pumped.
The card still works but I don't get the cash back without the stake.
These cards will be very handy for tax reasons in a few months.
Going to get the green card when the bear market comes.

I had a look earlier and couldn’t really see where without depositing some of their coin to ‘earn’
I was talking more spend x in fiat and earn y in BTC
That's what you do. You link the card to your bank account. Put money from your bank onto your Cro card.
Spend that money and get cash back in Cro.
Then sell that Cro for whatever crypto you want.

I got the red card. Has been awesome.
But unstaked my card 2 days ago though cause Cro finally pumped.
The card still works but I don't get the cash back without the stake.
These cards will be very handy for tax reasons in a few months.
Going to get the green card when the bear market comes.

Thanks for your responses on this.

So just looking at the Red card, it is saying I need to Purchase & Hold $500 worth of CRO for 180 days. Does that just sit there and i cant touch it for 180 days but then I get it back after that time.

Do I then need to add cash onto the debit card to use for day to day transactions? Then whatever I spend I get 3% back in rewards as CRO?

Thanks for your responses on this.

So just looking at the Red card, it is saying I need to Purchase & Hold $500 worth of CRO for 180 days. Does that just sit there and i cant touch it for 180 days but then I get it back after that time.

Do I then need to add cash onto the debit card to use for day to day transactions? Then whatever I spend I get 3% back in rewards as CRO?
Yep. Have to keep it locked up for six months.
Yep, you have to add money on to it to use as a card. (Unless you want to use crypto)
Now just seems like a bad time IMO because in six months the market will probably be down and your cro stake most likely worth less.

Yep. Have to keep it locked up for six months.
Yep, you have to add money on to it to use as a card. (Unless you want to use crypto)
Now just seems like a bad time IMO because in six months the market will probably be down and your cro stake most likely worth less.

Thanks - yeh it does seem like a bad time (the top), but I hate speculating on what it might be in 6 months as ultimately we dont really know when this bull market will end.

The rewards you earn over that time though could help offset some of that loss (assuming it does go down) as its effectively free CRO your getting based on what you spend day-to-day?

Thanks - yeh it does seem like a bad time (the top), but I hate speculating on what it might be in 6 months as ultimately we dont really know when this bull market will end.

The rewards you earn over that time though could help offset some of that loss (assuming it does go down) as its effectively free CRO your getting based on what you spend day-to-day?
Yeah probably. I was earning about 50$ a week from it. But I was paying for absolutely everything with it though. Rent, groceries petrol etc.
Plus I have Spotify which you get for free.
So yeah probably would.
I've had Cro for so long though. And it's never pumped till now. Just had to sell it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah probably. I was earning about 50$ a week from it. But I was paying for absolutely everything with it though. Rent, groceries petrol etc.
So yeah probably would.
I've had Cro for so long though. And it's never pumped till now. Just had to sell it.

Thanks heaps for the info. mate, really appreciate it.

You're right about the price, it has done nothing until now

You can thank Matt Damon for the pump i rkn. haha

So yeah probably would.

Have you got your card attached to your apple pay wallet? I have tried to load mine up against it and it says not supported?

Have you got your card attached to your apple pay wallet? I have tried to load mine up against it and it says not supported?
No. It won't work on it. Or the Android one. Have to carry it around with me which sucks.
Also I have never worked out how to get cash out of the ATM with it.
Also ironically you can't buy crypto with it on Crypto.com.
Everything else is fine though.

No. It won't work on it. Or the Android one. Have to carry it around with me which sucks.

Damn that blows, guess ill have to wait for it to arrive then

haha cant buy crypto thats even more odd!

Thanks again!

Do you recall how long it took for your card to arrive?

Do you recall how long it took for your card to arrive?
About 2 weeks. Someone in the other crypto thread said they were doing virtual cards in Australia for those who haven't got their cards yet though.
I couldn't find anything on the app though.

I invested in YoFarm, which is the new native crypto currency on Yobit. Yobit has been around since 2014. For providing liquidity they have been paying me about 1-2% daily, which is over 365% APY and is nice income. What are you thoughts? It is currently at a low, down 40% from its high, so there might be upside on the coin itself.

I've just been using the card as my daily for a while now, seems a simple way to stack a bit of crypto without actually having to do anything.

Crypto.com are making huge pushes in terms of marketing themselves to the world. Sponsoring huge events and I think just recently announced theyre partnering with the world cup.

If I used my crypto.com card at an ATM will I get charged a $2.50 service fee?

Never fund the Cro card if you intend on withdrawing cash at atm….I’ve had fees up to $8 , it’s only good for tap and go

They’ve also released a plan removing and reducing benefits, I’ll be leaving Cro

I invested in YoFarm, which is the new native crypto currency on Yobit. Yobit has been around since 2014. For providing liquidity they have been paying me about 1-2% daily, which is over 365% APY and is nice income. What are you thoughts? It is currently at a low, down 40% from its high, so there might be upside on the coin itself.

why dont you pop in and give us an update on how it's going?

Feb 20: was at $2.16 USD
now: now 0.05USD

follow Markod for more investment tips.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back