Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These unproven guys with volatile roles aren’t really doing it for me. Baker, Luko, Caldwell etc. Especially with how well some of the rookies are scoring.

Macrae I can probably stomach a bit more as he’s a proven scorer and has a pretty high floor even in a s**t role.

Might just be a Fisher to Macrae and red dot fix up this week if we get some highly rated rookies named.

Getting a forward this week, will be either Zorko or Macrae. I'm wanting to get both players in ASAP so I feel I might as well get on Zorko. McKenna has been available for selection for a few weeks now so it shows how well zorko is going back there.

Obviously getting value is important but he's actually averaging 110 at the moment, higher than the likes of Dawson, Bont, Green etc who are all 50k+ more, breakeven of 80.

I don't own many r12 bye players like errol, green, whitfield so I think I can afford to get on one like him.

Macrae is also one I'm keen on and should get better with match fitness. Should be a top 6 fwd and for 710k its a great price. It'd also allow me to get in any gun mid I like next week too, even Zorko. Currently fielding 2 rookies plus Reid in my forward line, so need to fix that up.

Last edited:
These unproven guys with volatile roles aren’t really doing it for me. Baker, Luko, Caldwell etc. Especially with how well some of the rookies are scoring.

Macrae I can probably stomach a bit more as he’s a proven scorer and has a pretty high floor even in a s**t role.

Might just be a Fisher to Macrae and red dot fix up this week if we get some highly rated rookies named.
I'm a sucker for picking the name so I'll be going Macrae.

But I agree with not liking of the one's listed. For the simple fact of how likely are they to consistently score?

Luko has only shown 80s which is not good enough.
Caldwell could score 50 or 120 depending on role how Essendon line up. Pass.
Baker couldve/shouldve scored 70-80 against the Eagles if not for one very fortunate passage of play. Has no support around him and will go missing for big parts of games (in my opinion). Richmond are going to get smashed.

Macrae has the risk of Bevo. But has track record. He looked really good on the weekend. And he's cheap. Very confident I'm bringing in a top 8 forward come seasons end by getting Macrae. The rest I wouldnt be sure.

I'm a sucker for picking the name so I'll be going Macrae.

But I agree with not liking of the one's listed. For the simple fact of how likely are they to consistently score?

Luko has only shown 80s which is not good enough.
Caldwell could score 50 or 120 depending on role how Essendon line up. Pass.
Baker couldve/shouldve scored 70-80 against the Eagles if not for one very fortunate passage of play. Has no support around him and will go missing for big parts of games (in my opinion). Richmond are going to get smashed.

Macrae has the risk of Bevo. But has track record. He looked really good on the weekend. And he's cheap. Very confident I'm bringing in a top 8 forward come seasons end by getting Macrae. The rest I wouldnt be sure.
All of us next week...

1713761082027.png

Really want to get ahead of the pack with Fisher but ill probably have to hold with the Stewart problem.

Having said that.. Stewart to Naicos and Fisher to Caldwell or similar :think:

Bont or Dawson going to be my dilemma this week.

Bont 117 last year, looks average this year. BE 123 so one good score stops his price drop. Close to bottom price. Highly owned which has pros and con

Dawson at bottom price, 107 BE. 113 last year. Has looked similar to Bont but looked much better on the weekend. Crouch back and I also own Crouch. Fixture easy

If Dawson kills it and Bont doesn't there is higher upside in picking him due to lower ownership. But opposite it will hurt more

Serong, Green and Merretts BE's are in 140-150's so would be silly to bring them in right now.

Thats also assuming the Luko forward late was because they were getting soundly beaten and Dimma was trying stuff.. big watch on teams

Which Option

1. Jackson and D'Ambrosio to Lukosius and T.Adams
2. Lazarro and Jackson to McAuliffe/Rookie and Gulden/Butters
3. Lazarro and D'Ambrosio/Williams to McAuliffe/Rookie and Macrae.

Option 2 by length of Flemington

Also would go Butters over Gulden. Better role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting a forward this week, will be either Zorko or Macrae. I'm wanting to get both players in ASAP so I feel I might as well get on Zorko. McKenna has been available for selection for a few weeks now so it shows how well zorko is going back there.

Obviously getting value is important but he's actually averaging 110 at the moment, higher than the likes of Dawson, Bont, Green etc who are all 50k+ more, breakeven of 80.

I don't own many r12 bye players like errol, green, whitfield so I think I can afford to get on one like him.

Macrae is also one I'm keen on and should get better with match fitness. Should be a top 6 fwd and for 710k its a great price. It'd also allow me to get in any gun mid I like next week too, even Zorko. Currently fielding 2 rookies plus Reid in my forward line, so need to fix that up.
Zorko been subbed out injured 8 (EIGHT) times in the last 2 seasons with either a hammy/calf/achilles

Question is what do you see changed this year that it won't happen again ? I mean he's odds on to leave you with a single digit score again and a price drop/forced trade at some point.. could argue 6 games in he's already overdue

Know we all want to believe because of the role/scoring but I'm surprised how easily some forget. I just can't gloss over what my own eyes have seen and what my body has been through having him

Zorko been subbed out injured 8 (EIGHT) times in the last 2 seasons with either a hammy/calf/achilles

Question is what do you see changed this year that it won't happen again ? I mean he's odds on to leave you with a single digit score again and a price drop/forced trade at some point.. could argue 6 games in he's already overdue

Know we all want to believe because of the role/scoring but I'm surprised how easily some forget. I just can't gloss over what my own eyes have seen and what my body has been through having him

Yep. Reckon the time to go on Zorko was 2-3 weeks ago when he was underpriced. Now paying up full value (and more) it's a bad buy when you factor in risk

Saw with a few pieces online and on the news that he's had a full preseason and said he's felt the best he's been in a very long time. Yeo was also in the same boat and look how he's started. Playing the half back role so well with no coleman, gets a stack of it. Forward options are very limited too. Getting in Macrae and Lukosius is also another option this week to get some forwards in as well.

It's just some early thoughts on him, however given his ownership is quite protected with the injury risk it could be one that continues to hurt the non owners, all the forward targets have risks.

View attachment 1967315
Spot fires keep cropping up. Jackson needs to go, and I'm sick of Jordon surviving trades, but with just 136k in the bank, not sure what to do.
Hope that a 200k defender comes in
Downgrade Pink to restart some cash gen in the backline
That would get Jackson up to 940k or so. use DPP to upgrade Jackson to Gulden (Sanders into F5 where he should be fine as an on field option).

Saw with a few pieces online and on the news that he's had a full preseason and said he's felt the best he's been in a very long time. Yeo was also in the same boat and look how he's started. Playing the half back role so well with no coleman, gets a stack of it. Forward options are very limited too. Getting in Macrae and Lukosius is also another option this week to get some forwards in as well.

It's just some early thoughts on him, however given his ownership is quite protected with the injury risk it could be one that continues to hurt the non owners, all the forward targets have risks.
Can be a win if he goes a while without pulling a string or anything.. hope for your sake

Just remember he’s said the same thing last few years, best I ever felt etc. Just can’t get around to ever trusting him again

Screenshot_20240422_171505_AFL Fantasy.jpg

the simpsons surprise GIF

I don't think so. If a guy is a top 8 mid, doesn't matter overpaying for him. You need him anyway. No point waiting for 14 weeks to get him potentially 60k cheaper.
Agree in part, but there are short term gains and losses on a much shorter cycle than that - even 1-2 weeks

Appearing in The Biggest Losers for 2024 so far are:
1713770126892.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back