A basic image editor is now available to all users. Improvements are still in the works, but it is usable right now. Just hit "Edit Image" when you upload an image into a post. Try It ...
Terms of Service and Rules
"The person who loves their dream of community will destroy community, but the person who loves those around them will create community." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content ("Content"). Content posted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to post or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Specific BigFooty.com Rules
Updated April 2018 by Chief.
The Commandments of BigFooty
Breaking these rules can lead to anything from a warning with no other consequences, a ban from a single thread, a single board or a temporary or permanent suspension of your account.
If you are not sure of a rule, please ask.
These rules are very flexible... in our favour. Don't invent new and interesting ways to get around them. If we think you are messing with the site, its users, their threads or moderators your account will be banned or suspended.
AFL Board: We like to keep it a bit more straight-laced on the main AFL board so everyone can have a go. Trolling and flame-baiting is treated less kindly by mods on this board. But don't be too sensitive about stuff.
Bay 13: This board is for general trolling and good-natured banter with other footy supporters. Enjoy yourself but you can still get pulled up if you go over the top. Lots of memes and local etiquette to get your head around. Don't take anything seriously.
- Don't be a pest.
- Remember these are real people you are talking to. Don't bait or provoke negative responses.
- Likewise, don't feed trolls. Report posts instead of taking the bait.
- Don't create new sock-puppet user accounts just to back yourself up in an argument or bully other people.
- Publicly complaining about, ranting over and criticising moderators and their actions is not accepted. Take it up with the moderator privately, then with Admins if you still have a problem. Contact Admins on this form or via email directly.
- Insults like retard, tard (and its many variations), mong and spastic are particularly repugnant to many moderators.
- Club boards are places for club supporters to gather. Respect the team and its supporters when you visit. Liking posts is useful for users to rate posts without needing to post "good post" and "LOL" messages. But running rampant through opposing club boards liking negative posts is a form of disrespect of the club on their own board.
- Don't be a cyberstalker: following people around from board to board to hassle them is just weird. Don't do it.
- Don't be a spammer.
- Posts with the sole aim of directing traffic to other sites are not allowed, whether commercial or non-commercial.
- This includes drumming up readers for your own blog or other online content - post the full content of your own stuff with a link, and only in a relevant thread.
- Posting the same thread across multiple boards is also not allowed.
- Our general test is to ask whether the user is here to partake in the community, which is good, or to get traffic for their own site or product, which is bad.
- If in doubt, just ask.
- Don't be a stalker.
- This includes tracking down and posting social media images, names, addresses and so on.
- Exceptions will include information for contacting firms, government departments and politicians through their publicly listed details.
- No illegal content; respect copyright owners.
- No hacks, torrents, file swapping, or requesting of same from us or other users.
- No illegal match video or audio streams, or requesting of same from us or other users.
- Articles from other sites should be limited to a relevant paragraph or two and a link to the source.
- No drug use talk or similar. You might get away with contextual mentions or relevant discussion but otherwise leave it out.
- No sexually suggestive content, swearing, bikini and lingerie images, racist material, gore and injuries etc.
- We have readers from all walks of life, accessing the site from home and work. Be considerate.
- We also have advertisers who apply rules about where their ads can be displayed. A bit more info can be found here.
- Don't break the site or do anything that interferes with normal use of the site.
- Using scripts or bots to scrape content or hammer our database, like posts and so on is forbidden.
- Don't manipulate or beg for likes to get your post on the home page.
Don't be a whinger.
- If you get a warning or a suspension don't fly off the handle. You'll only get yourself in deeper.
- Make your case clearly and respectfully and you will be listened to. Chuck a tanty and you might get the flick.
- Creating new user accounts to get around bans or restrictions WILL increase your suspension or get you booted off the site.
- If you are not happy with your response from a moderator, contact Admin here.
- Keep in mind rules in regards to your avatars. Signatures are hard limited to a max of four lines of maximum Size 4 text. Don't make your sig overly big or bright, it interrupts the flow of discussion.
- For Premium Members: Your financial support is appreciated but does not entitle you to special treatment if you break the rules. Your membership fee is not refundable if your account is banned.
All warnings (also called 'infractions') attract points.
Infractions: Warning: 0 points; Minor: 1 point; Mid: 3 points; Serious: 5 points.
If you accumulate enough points in a 12 month period you will lose privileges:
5 points - 1 week account suspension.
10 points - 2 weeks account suspension
15 points - 3 weeks account suspension
20 points - Your time is up. Permanent ban.
You can see how many current Warning Points you have in the left column of Your Profile page.
Day Off: Mods can also suspend your account for a day if they think you just need a day off to cool down.
Thread Bans: You can be banned from a thread for a day up to permanently if you're making a nuisance of yourself, derailing the thread and so on.
How do moderators decide on infractions?
First up - a moderator considers whether your post caused any harm. If the moderator thinks it did, they look at:
- Intent. Trolling? Simple annoyance? Attention seeking? Just a contrary position?
- Severity of the action/content itself. A bit salty vs Porn pictures? General talk vs directed at an individual?
- Trouble caused - Context? Was it reported or just spotted by a mod? Did it derail a thread? Is it generally toxic to the community? Inciting an immediate flame war vs long-term, incrementally bad for the board?
- History of the poster. Known troll or flame-baiter? Known feuds with other members?
We think this is a fair process, but we know people have different views. Admin will try to mediate if there is a disagreement.
Board Rules Rule
Some boards have slight variations of these rules (e.g. allowing mild swear words in context). It is better to ask permission than seek forgiveness, because some moderators aren't all that forgiving.
The administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove or alter your posts and threads at any time for any reason. We also reserve the right to suspend, restrict or completely block your user account at any time for any reason.
If you don't receive a reason or notification of an action please ask.
When you see something that isn't right.
To report an objectionable post to a moderator, use the "report post" link under each post.
These rules are subject to change without notice. Please check this page on a regular basis for changes, additions and deletions.
By registering you agree to abide by these rules.