CrazyJoeFevola

Setanta Ó hAilpín’s official bigfooty butler 2007
Apr 14, 2013
Gardiner Stand Can Bar
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Preston, WIndies, Armagh GAA
1987 premiership player Mark Naley has passed on after a long battle with brain cancer aged 59. Champion in his short time for us and during his long career at South Adelaide. Our 2nd ever indigenous flag winner. Taken way too soon, RIP Mark.

RIP Nails. Had no idea he was even sick.
Long battle with brain cancer and had numerous operations.
Had health related issues due to the cancer including a couple of heart attacks but when he was feeling half reasonable you would often see him watching his beloved Panthers at Noarlunga

I feel there has been a genuine oversight in my personal supporter history in having zero idea he was an indigenous man. Came over with a clutch of superstars in the mid-eighties and played some serious footy for us. Recall him snagging 4 for SA in a SOO game. Could play. Go well, Nails.

I feel there has been a genuine oversight in my personal supporter history in having zero idea he was an indigenous man. Came over with a clutch of superstars in the mid-eighties and played some serious footy for us. Recall him snagging 4 for SA in a SOO game. Could play. Go well, Nails.

It was a later in life revelation. Kept a secret as was often done at the time as if it were a source of shame, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shattered.

All my sympathies and healing thoughts to his family.

Cannot begin to imagine what kind of pain and suffering he must have gone through battling this awful disease, least he is now at peace from all that terrible anguish.

RIP Nails 💙💙💙

Remove this Banner Ad

Back