Coreen and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on Jerilderie's off season so far
Frog - talking to some Jeril people last week and confident that that Aaron Purcell is back next year. They mentioned a few other names as well that I can't recall and are starting to look stronger I think. Luke Bryce is a possible out with a bank shift likely. Stu Way confirmed apparently and they will give you boys a hard time if they can hold their kids and get some better onballers.

Frog - talking to some Jeril people last week and confident that that Aaron Purcell is back next year. They mentioned a few other names as well that I can't recall and are starting to look stronger I think. Luke Bryce is a possible out with a bank shift likely. Stu Way confirmed apparently and they will give you boys a hard time if they can hold their kids and get some better onballers.

Jerilderie is a 10-goal better team with A Purcell at CHF and ruck.

Purcell is a key player and will be a great pickup for them, Was wondering if Stu would go around and if he does will he pull a injury when they play us!
Damien Price said he will not play because he doesn't want to play againts mates as he played for us a couple of years ago. Will be good to play agiants some ot the other boys that have played out here in Glen Baxter, Roey and the Taylor Nugents.

My teams of the year were released in CDFL grand final week, but I hadn't got around to posting them on here for discussion yet.
So here we go.

COREEN AND DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
2007 AND LAST TEAM OF THE YEAR

B: Ben Kerr (Billabong Crows), Ben Robb (Billabong Crows), Brody A’vard (Jerilderie)
HB: Brian Eales (Wahgunyah), Glenn Eddie (Coleambally), Scott Francis (CDHBU)
C: Tyson Moloney © (Billabong Crows), Mark House (CDHBU), Ben Nash (Jerilderie)
HF: Danny Kirchen (Billabong Crows), Stuart Way (Jerilderie), Matt Duryea (Wahgunyah)
F: Doug Lavis (CDHBU), Ray Robins (Wahgunyah), Josh Lewis (Rennie)
FOLL: Matt Rogers (Wahgunyah), Andy McGown (vc) (Coleambally), Chris Marshall (Jerilderie)
INTER: Evan Fealy (Billabong Crows), Matt Gleeson (Coleambally), Luke Bryce (Jerilderie)
EMERG: Tom Bryce (Jerilderie), Jayme Hicks (CDHBU), Graham O’Connell (Coleambally)
COACH: Danny Kirchen (Billabong Crows)
IN: Brody A’vard, Matt Duryea, Glenn Eddie, Danny Kirchen, Josh Lewis, Andrew McGown, Tyson Moloney, Ben Nash, Ben Robb, Ray Robins, Matt Rogers, Stuart Way.
OUT: Scott Fairweather, Jarrod Hanrahan, Marty Hardy, Blake Kelly, Hayden Lanyon, Lucas Mellier, Dean Pound, Shane Pound, Malcolm Smith, Jeremy Sandral, Brad Talbot, Trent Vonarx.

here it is i was just wondering why ben kerr is playing in the back pocket when he has never played there in his life??? and i was also wondering why tyson moloney is playing on the wing when he had won 4 archie dennis medals playing rover and is the king of getting the ball out of the middle???? its got be buggered..... other than that well done brendon!!!!

My teams of the year were released in CDFL grand final week, but I hadn't got around to posting them on here for discussion yet.
So here we go.

COREEN AND DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
2007 AND LAST TEAM OF THE YEAR

B: Ben Kerr (Billabong Crows), Ben Robb (Billabong Crows), Brody A’vard (Jerilderie)
HB: Brian Eales (Wahgunyah), Glenn Eddie (Coleambally), Scott Francis (CDHBU)
C: Tyson Moloney © (Billabong Crows), Mark House (CDHBU), Ben Nash (Jerilderie)
HF: Danny Kirchen (Billabong Crows), Stuart Way (Jerilderie), Matt Duryea (Wahgunyah)
F: Doug Lavis (CDHBU), Ray Robins (Wahgunyah), Josh Lewis (Rennie)
FOLL: Matt Rogers (Wahgunyah), Andy McGown (vc) (Coleambally), Chris Marshall (Jerilderie)
INTER: Evan Fealy (Billabong Crows), Matt Gleeson (Coleambally), Luke Bryce (Jerilderie)
EMERG: Tom Bryce (Jerilderie), Jayme Hicks (CDHBU), Graham O’Connell (Coleambally)
COACH: Danny Kirchen (Billabong Crows)
IN: Brody A’vard, Matt Duryea, Glenn Eddie, Danny Kirchen, Josh Lewis, Andrew McGown, Tyson Moloney, Ben Nash, Ben Robb, Ray Robins, Matt Rogers, Stuart Way.
OUT: Scott Fairweather, Jarrod Hanrahan, Marty Hardy, Blake Kelly, Hayden Lanyon, Lucas Mellier, Dean Pound, Shane Pound, Malcolm Smith, Jeremy Sandral, Brad Talbot, Trent Vonarx.

here it is i was just wondering why ben kerr is playing in the back pocket when he has never played there in his life??? and i was also wondering why tyson moloney is playing on the wing when he had won 4 archie dennis medals playing rover and is the king of getting the ball out of the middle???? its got be buggered..... other than that well done brendon!!!!

Midfielders are very interchangeable mate. It's hard fitting so many good ones into the team, so the format I used was:
1) to ask a few people what position players played this year - I was told Moloney played rover and wing and Marshall played rover only, so I went that way.
2) if there were double ups, I gave the position to the player with the most points under my system, hence Mark House and Andy McGown taking the other two onball spots and Marbles swapping from the back pocket.
You could easily say put Tys into rover, Marbles to the wing and Marshall to the back pocket and there would be very little difference to the make up of the team.

Newcastle Coaching Positions 2008 Season

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Newcastle City Football Club [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]seeks expressions of interest for coaches for season 2008 in the following grades:[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]First Grade (Black Diamond Cup) - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Reserve Grade - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Under 18's[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]New players are also very welcome. Please contact the club if you would like information regarding lifestyle, employment or accommodation details.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The club is 125 years old with a strong tradition and is a premier club in the Newcastle and Central Coast competition. It offers excellent facilities, a strong Committee and a region offering a great lifestyle with many employment opportunities.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Newcastle City has a very strong junior base and we are looking to build on an excellent 2007 with the First Grade minor premiers, the Reserves and U/18's both back to back premiers and the U/16's premiers.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Applications close on October 31st and should be submitted to:[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Email: [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ncafc@hotmail.com[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Postal Address: PO Box 2110, Dangar NSW 2309[/FONT]

Midfielders are very interchangeable mate. It's hard fitting so many good ones into the team, so the format I used was:
1) to ask a few people what position players played this year - I was told Moloney played rover and wing and Marshall played rover only, so I went that way.
2) if there were double ups, I gave the position to the player with the most points under my system, hence Mark House and Andy McGown taking the other two onball spots and Marbles swapping from the back pocket.
You could easily say put Tys into rover, Marbles to the wing and Marshall to the back pocket and there would be very little difference to the make up of the team.

You cant be serious having Bucket on a back flank and Brad Talbot out of the team. Who do you reckon would one on one between those two Rhodesy or if you took a poll of forwards i bet i know who they would rather play on? Even having having Nuts Eddie at CHB is debatable but you seem to have a love affair with him. Looks reasonable around the rest though - you're never going to please everyone are you! Good work mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warners Bay Footy Club in the Black Diamond League (Newcastle) is currently seeking players for the 2008 season. The club is based on the shores of Lake Macquarie and offers an excellent standard of football. If any players are moving into the Newcastle area from the Coreen League we would be happy to welcome them to our club. Contact Steve May on 0412 524293 or go to www.warnersbay.org.au

Good luck to all Coreen and District clubs in 2008.

I agree stump,however, you know Rhodesy puts in the controversial ones just to get a discussion rolling and you bit harder than a Murray Cod! It`s also very difficult to pick a team based soley on the best players list in the paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back