Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Werribee AFC

• Williamstown CYMS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tend to agree - hence I haven't posted in ages. St. Leo's had a praccy against La Trobe, but was postponed until April 14.

Tend to agree - hence I haven't posted in ages. St. Leo's had a praccy against La Trobe, but was postponed until April 14.

Any decent recruits for St Leo's this year? Are you guys training on your ground at present or have you had to relocate due to the drought?

Glen Eira is playing Oakleigh this Sunday at Old Mentonians ground. Should be a good hit out for both teams. Which I believe should be the goal of all practice matches regardless of the playing standard.

Agree a new thread was needed. I wanna know everyones thoughts on this coming season, do you think we will actually get a season?
I for one dont think we will. And there are new water restrictions coming into place April 1.

Do you think its worth looking at running short seasons and run A setion - D1 frm rounds 10 - 18 and D2 - 19's rounds 1 - 9. Then you could pick the best grounds avalable and just use those grounds. That would reduce the amonunt of use on the grounds and would enable everyone to play each other once.

Agree a new thread was needed. I wanna know everyones thoughts on this coming season, do you think we will actually get a season?
I for one dont think we will. And there are new water restrictions coming into place April 1.

Do you think its worth looking at running short seasons and run A setion - D1 frm rounds 10 - 18 and D2 - 19's rounds 1 - 9. Then you could pick the best grounds avalable and just use those grounds. That would reduce the amonunt of use on the grounds and would enable everyone to play each other once.
i think we will get a season as there is now 6 weeks before we start. if we don't get any rain by that time then i reckon playing footy will be the least of our worries. we might be down to showering once a week. if it gets worse, they might reduce it to a 15 round season, which is what the geelong leagues are doing. they also might start cherry picking grounds and may end up with clubs sharing home grounds.
werribee playing albanvale this weekend in a practice game.

i think we will get a season as there is now 6 weeks before we start. if we don't get any rain by that time then i reckon playing footy will be the least of our worries. we might be down to showering once a week. if it gets worse, they might reduce it to a 15 round season, which is what the geelong leagues are doing. they also might start cherry picking grounds and may end up with clubs sharing home grounds.
werribee playing albanvale this weekend in a practice game.
i hear that your gun fullforward done his hamie can u quote

i hear that your gun fullforward done his hamie can u quote
don't you mean confirm??? anyway, the "gun full forward" felt a slight twinge and ran straight off the track and iced up. extent of the damage is unknown. see how he is tonight or better yet check his form on the tiles on saturday night.

Any decent recruits for St Leo's this year? Are you guys training on your ground at present or have you had to relocate due to the drought?

Yeah - we have done quite well. We have had a number of guys come down from Deakin, and a couple of ex players return. I expect we will be competitive, but won't get an indication until praccy's start. I am just a supporter, however talking to one of the coaching staff today, he was quite pleased with the way it is coming along and quietly confident.

Our ground isn't great, and we haven't been able to train there for some time, however we do have a reserve out the back we have been using, which is fine.

can anyone from south melb districts confirm if Gerard Jess is having a run down there? will be a handy pickup if this is the case

seems like everyone gives st johns no chance... my prediction that werribee would beat Therry was a good one... i think st johns will be 1 to watch this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone from south melb districts confirm if Gerard Jess is having a run down there? will be a handy pickup if this is the case

Can confirm that. The Districts have recruited pretty well. Both of our practice matches have been cancelled due to loss of grounds.

Can confirm that. The Districts have recruited pretty well. Both of our practice matches have been cancelled due to loss of grounds.
He will be a very handy pick up, sounds as if the districts will definitely shake things up this year.

Practices matches generally overrated i reckon, they are a good way to check out a few new players but also a good way to lose players to injury especially if on dodgy grounds. bring on the real stuff!!

Glen Eira is playing Oakleigh this Sunday at Old Mentonians ground. Should be a good hit out for both teams. Which I believe should be the goal of all practice matches regardless of the playing standard.
After taking in the 1st half of Glen Eira practice match, & I know you shouldn't read too much into these games, but I am assuming flag favouritism on the poll is due to them having a lot of avid fans on the forum more than anything else. Apparently missing a lot of players but totally outclassed by Oakleigh who look like they will be competitive in D1

The werribee boys looked real sharp on saturday in the ones and twos will be big yr down there
Im hearing ya javo could be a mighty big celebration down at tigerland in september. Javo who was wearing 58 in the twos on sat playing in the center? Had the ball on a string all day and apparently had SHER stained on his hand :D

To give this thread a bit of life a month out from the real stuff would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Premiers-
Leading Goalkicker-
League B+F-
Most Improved Team-
Flag Smokey-
Wooden Spoon-

Look forward to getting this thread going with some useful posts.

To give this thread a bit of life a month out from the real stuff would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Premiers- Werribee
Leading Goalkicker- Wheeler
League B+F- no idea
Most Improved Team- Werribee
Flag Smokey- Sth Melb
Wooden Spoon- St johns

Look forward to getting this thread going with some useful threads.
:confused:

Premiers- Aquinas
Leading Goalkicker- wheeler
League B+F- Aaron taylor
Flag Smokey- Sth melb
Wooden Spoon- Banyule

Look forward to getting this thread going with some useful threads.

Subject to Wheeler playing of course.

Premiers- Sth Melb
Leading Goalkicker- Paul Cheevers
League B+F- Steve Aqualina
Most Improved Team- Banyule
Flag Smokey- Banyule
Wooden Spoon- Glen Eira

Premiers- St Leo's
Leading Goalkicker- unsure
League B+F- Anthony Ballard
Flag Smokey- South Melb