DeFy_YoU

Debutant
Sep 11, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Hey im a perth Crow supporter so it's hard to get all the inside goss and news and such

I've just been curious and wanted to know why Ken Mcgregor only played 8 games this year? When he played he hardly missed a mark and was a pretty good shot on goal compared to some other forwards. I remember hearing that he was injured.. and also that he wasnt part of Craigie's game structure and was always named as an Emergency

Whats the whole story?

I really admire Kenny and glad he's still at the club... just hoping he gets a better chance this year

Hey im a perth Crow supporter so it's hard to get all the inside goss and news and such

I've just been curious and wanted to know why Ken Mcgregor only played 8 games this year? When he played he hardly missed a mark and was a pretty good shot on goal compared to some other forwards. I remember hearing that he was injured.. and also that he wasnt part of Craigie's game structure and was always named as an Emergency

Whats the whole story?

I really admire Kenny and glad he's still at the club... just hoping he gets a better chance this year

had a foot problem of some sort (Achilles?) at the start of the season, then once recovered had trouble cracking into the team. He played pretty well in his few games once he broke into the side

IMO the game has probably passed him by really, similar to Lance Whitnall. He is just too immobile and has no penetration in his kick. I think the Crows really only resigned him as insurance incase any of the key forwards go down, as I don't see him in our best side.

Agree with a crowman_23 a bit... probably a bit slow now, but his kicking, and marking, are okay in my book. Needs to find out how to get himself into a game when he's not in the play. But can take a good contested mark at HF, and a good kick at goal. I think he'll do well this year, if he can stay injury-free and start the year with a bit of confidence.

IMO the game has probably passed him by really, similar to Lance Whitnall. He is just too immobile and has no penetration in his kick. I think the Crows really only resigned him as insurance incase any of the key forwards go down, as I don't see him in our best side.

Totally agree. IMO not in our best 22, Kenny will struggle with the way modern footy is played

Kenny IMO should be played as a 2nd FF. Won't play a huge part in the game, but with his kick he could be very effective when it comes down there.

Kenny IMO should be played as a 2nd FF. Won't play a huge part in the game, but with his kick he could be very effective when it comes down there.

He needs to remain very close to goal these days though as he doesn't seem to be able to kick over 40m. Yes he is accurate within 40m, but if he takes marks too far out he no longer seems to have any penetration in his kicking.

Indeed. And he is slow. But he has a good mark. So if you have him as a 2nd FF, with a good crumber ( could be any of the small ones really ). Plus another Forward (probably Birdman). He would do well.

HOWEVER. I think Maric could also play this position. Either way I am not fussed.

Indeed. And he is slow. But he has a good mark. So if you have him as a 2nd FF, with a good crumber ( could be any of the small ones really ). Plus another Forward (probably Birdman). He would do well.

HOWEVER. I think Maric could also play this position. Either way I am not fussed.

Maric will be rucking.

Hentchel when fit will play at FF, Tippett will play the 2nd FF role, Burton will play as the lead up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sellar,Walker and Jericho will play up forward before Naric and Tippett Early this year I think..the need to try some young guns early

Maybe im wrong but from my observations, most of the new recruits usually get one to two games in the first couple of years. I guess to give them insight as to what the level of fitness and toughness is required so they know the bench mark and where they have to work to to break into the team. Richard Douglas is a shining example of this imo, his fitness has gone through the roof!

So i personally wouldnt be surprised to see Walker get a game this year

Maybe im wrong but from my observations, most of the new recruits usually get one to two games in the first couple of years. I guess to give them insight as to what the level of fitness and toughness is required so they know the bench mark and where they have to work to to break into the team. Richard Douglas is a shining example of this imo, his fitness has gone through the roof!

So i personally wouldnt be surprised to see Walker get a game this year

I love the way Douglas goes about his footy. Hasn't played to many games but I like what I see. Can we see him getting a permanent midfield role this year?

The one name I haven't heard in this thread is Nick Gill. He did extremely well late in the year playing the last 6 games. He's very mobile and is a great mark. With Welsh and Perrie gone, will he be in your best 22? I've read that either Burton or Porplyzia will play a Welsh type role. Leaving room for about three talls. Could we see Gill, Tippett, and Sellar play in the one forward line? Thoughts?

The one name I haven't heard in this thread is Nick Gill. He did extremely well late in the year playing the last 6 games. He's very mobile and is a great mark. With Welsh and Perrie gone, will he be in your best 22? I've read that either Burton or Porplyzia will play a Welsh type role. Leaving room for about three talls. Could we see Gill, Tippett, and Sellar play in the one forward line? Thoughts?
Unless there are some real injuries to our tall forwards, I can't see Gill, Tippett and Sellar playing together next year.

I suspect Gill and McGregor will play at CHF and FF respectively and that leaves only one spot for another tall youngster. Sellar and Tippett will have to fight it out amongst themselves. Not to mention that players like Hentschel would be breathing down their necks at some stage during the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back