Western Region FL - Division Two

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part 4

great to see batty and co can post the divvy 1 b&f on the website , anyone got any details on divvy 2?

Choofa,

Nathan Juegan won on 23 votes, 2nd was ?? on 18 votes and 3rd was equal, Jamie Zerafa and Michael Kennedy of the Magpies on 14 votes.

Interesting to see the Reserves was won by a Coburg player, with the greatest cheat of an umpire of all time its not suprising. The umpire must also influence the goal umpires as well as the game. LOL

SNHR

Choofa,

Nathan Juegan won on 23 votes, 2nd was ?? on 18 votes and 3rd was equal, Jamie Zerafa and Michael Kennedy of the Magpies on 14 votes.

Interesting to see the Reserves was won by a Coburg player, with the greatest cheat of an umpire of all time its not suprising. The umpire must also influence the goal umpires as well as the game. LOL

SNHR

3rd for Zerafa? Not bad for a player who didn't even deserve to make team of the year hey silky and cain?

Also in reply to you saying he only came 4th in our B+F, it's fair to say Lavo were a side with maybe 5 real class players and it fell away pretty quickly. So I think everyone in our top 5 could have made the league team of the year. Also if you were at our game in the finals against DP, he kept us in the game in the first half and showed how good a player he can be. I can't comment on the ability of any Yarra players to step up in the finals because well... they didn't get the chance to show us all...

Heard that you may have an assistant coach that has had some AFL experience?

The club is very happy to have Marty Wary on board as assistant coach. Marty played at Fitzroy FC untill they folded and a year or two in the Collingwood reserves. More recently he has been in a coaching role with Kangaroo Flat and Cohuna. :thumbsu:

U r a tossa the umpire was one of the best in divi two its just di--heads like u that have no idea insted of bagging blokes put your hand up and umpire your meat head!

The club is very happy to have Marty Wary on board as assistant coach. Marty played at Fitzroy FC untill they folded and a year or two in the Collingwood reserves. More recently he has been in a coaching role with Kangaroo Flat and Cohuna. :thumbsu:

They vales must have some cash to be getting ex-afl players!

They vales must have some cash to be getting ex-afl players!

Wary will be 33 at the start of next season, hardly,recruit of the year material, no word if he is even considering playing at this stage.

Connell is the nephew of the current President.

Cain I would say that Davis has NO CHANCE of winning the comp. Last season he also kicked the ton and only got 3 votes from the umpires for the year. YES that is correct 3 votes.

Considering he kicked bags of 10+ 3 or 4 times the voting is staggering. I am not sure what he says or does to the umpires on the field but surely there is something going on. Really interested to see how he polls this season. If he doesnt get at least 10 votes there is something horribly wrong.

Gotta ask the question here??? 3 votes last year and 4 votes this year after 100 goals each season. What has this bloke done to the umpires? Surely there is some history here as suchlow votes 2 seasons in a row cant be a coincidence.

Gotta ask the question here??? 3 votes last year and 4 votes this year after 100 goals each season. What has this bloke done to the umpires? Surely there is some history here as suchlow votes 2 seasons in a row cant be a coincidence.

mate, they treat him harshly because he is so good. Patty never gets a free kick and every time he touches his openont a free is given against. Just tells you the standard of umpiring that on show!!

Gun player and a gentlemt bloke also!!:)

mate, they treat him harshly because he is so good. Patty never gets a free kick and every time he touches his openont a free is given against. Just tells you the standard of umpiring that on show!!

The league best and fairest is very strange, just had a look at the final results and vote getters. Was invited to the count but did not go as i had no intrest what so ever.

Congrats to Nathan for winning the comp medal, i think the umpires have a difficult job in posting votes and i think players who are known by umpires and have a reputaion in the league have more of a chance of winning it.

How in the world Andy Wills from Yarraville and Endres from Albanvale did not finish in the top 5 let alone not it the top 10 is a disgrace. Also Patty Davis 4 votes? There is something not right there at all the bloke in my opinion was the main reason Parkside where as good as they where all year. Stop Davis beat Parkside and Deer Park did in the GF and won.

I will go in a bat for the Umpires on Davis not getting that many votes. I say this with the upmost respect for Davis as i have known Patty for a long time and he is a champion footballer at this level. He is not very flashy and often marks alot from the Goalsquare using his big frame to good use and somtimes he can kick 7 and not relaise it at all. Agaisnt us Round 1 he kicked 7 goals and i seriously thought he kicked 3.

Never the less in my opinion he should of won the bloddy thing hands down. For a bloke to kick 100 goals in 13 or 14 games is freakish and i can tell you as a fellow forward it is not an easy thing to do at all. Sure he played in a good team and was a focal point but what he did this year was outstanding.

Andy Wills and Endres are the two best attacking midifeldiers in the comp period. Andy also kicked 33 goals from the midfield and is a star and if he wasnt best on ground in 6 of our games then the umpires are smoking some good gear and need there eyes check. Andy had some massive games 40 odd possesion and 7 goals and he did this on many ocassions(having high stats and kicking goals)

To the post about Zerrafa please mate give me a spell. No one doubting he is a Good Player but disposal is very ordianry and i thought there where much better Midfilders and he wouldnt be in my team of the year. 14 votes is a good effort but the league voting is very off the mark ie. Davis, Endres, Wills not making the top 10 and they are in a diffrent stratosphere than Zerrafa as footballers.

The league best and fairest is very strange, just had a look at the final results and vote getters. Was invited to the count but did not go as i had no intrest what so ever.

Congrats to Nathan for winning the comp medal, i think the umpires have a difficult job in posting votes and i think players who are known by umpires and have a reputaion in the league have more of a chance of winning it.

How in the world Andy Wills from Yarraville and Endres from Albanvale did not finish in the top 5 let alone not it the top 10 is a disgrace. Also Patty Davis 4 votes? There is something not right there at all the bloke in my opinion was the main reason Parkside where as good as they where all year. Stop Davis beat Parkside and Deer Park did in the GF and won.

I will go in a bat for the Umpires on Davis not getting that many votes. I say this with the upmost respect for Davis as i have known Patty for a long time and he is a champion footballer at this level. He is not very flashy and often marks alot from the Goalsquare using his big frame to good use and somtimes he can kick 7 and not relaise it at all. Agaisnt us Round 1 he kicked 7 goals and i seriously thought he kicked 3.

Never the less in my opinion he should of won the bloddy thing hands down. For a bloke to kick 100 goals in 13 or 14 games is freakish and i can tell you as a fellow forward it is not an easy thing to do at all. Sure he played in a good team and was a focal point but what he did this year was outstanding.

Andy Wills and Endres are the two best attacking midifeldiers in the comp period. Andy also kicked 33 goals from the midfield and is a star and if he wasnt best on ground in 6 of our games then the umpires are smoking some good gear and need there eyes check. Andy had some massive games 40 odd possesion and 7 goals and he did this on many ocassions(having high stats and kicking goals)

To the post about Zerrafa please mate give me a spell. No one doubting he is a Good Player but disposal is very ordianry and i thought there where much better Midfilders and he wouldnt be in my team of the year. 14 votes is a good effort but the league voting is very off the mark ie. Davis, Endres, Wills not making the top 10 and they are in a diffrent stratosphere than Zerrafa as footballers.
spot on. also think richardson (nth foots) and robbo (deer park) didnt poll anywhere near as well as they should have

Marty is a top bloke and dead eye dick infront of goals at 33 in divi 2 and a x-afl player he tell me any club wouldnt want him:confused:
If the vales have him they can then build next year around him...
TRUST ME WAIT TO YOU SEE THE MAN PLAY.....
:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Cain name your team of the year .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choofa,

SNHR

luke summers(d/p) was second:thumbsu:

if he was sooooooooo good he would have kicked 10 in the granny........:eek:

Cain name your team of the year .

Ok i wil give it my best shot.

BWells Carrasello Stone
HBRobertson Duggan Saggers
C Braun Kruger Dennerley
F Richardson Sir Summers
FFMansbridge Davis Sophlious

Ruck Kennedy
Rover Endres
Ruck Rover Wills

Bench
Jeaguen
Miscevik
Newitt
Buttigeg Clarke

Thats trying to pick the players who played agaisnt during the year and picking guys in position. :thumbsu:

BWells Carrasello Stone
C Braun Kruger Dennerley
F Richardson Sir Summers

Ruck Kennedy
Rover Endres
Ruck Rover Wills

Bench
Jeaguen
Miscevik
Newitt
Buttigeg Clarke

Thats trying to pick the players who played agaisnt during the year and picking guys in position. :thumbsu:

Thats interesting Cain, Richardson didn't play the day Yarra played north, Wills surname is actually Willis, Kennedy spent most of his time at CHB when Lavo played Yarra, so not sure how you picked him in the ruck. Even funnier you pick Nathan on the bench as he dominated both times he played you and won the league medal...... How will you go in your clubs B n F?

Thats interesting Cain, Richardson didn't play the day Yarra played north, Wills surname is actually Willis, Kennedy spent most of his time at CHB when Lavo played Yarra, so not sure how you picked him in the ruck. Even funnier you pick Nathan on the bench as he dominated both times he played you and won the league medal...... How will you go in your clubs B n F?

Where would this team finish on the ladder if it played Div 1 ?

BWells Carrasello Stone
C Braun Kruger Dennerley
F Richardson Sir Summers

Ruck Kennedy
Rover Endres
Ruck Rover Wills

Bench
Jeaguen
Miscevik
Newitt
Buttigeg Clarke

You cant pick yourself in the side whether you should be there or not. Thats for other people to decide imo. Just a himility thing I reckon. And surely the comp medal winner can find a spot on the ground?

You cant pick yourself in the side whether you should be there or not. Thats for other people to decide imo. Just a himility thing I reckon. And surely the comp medal winner can find a spot on the ground?

Agree that the comp best and fairest winner deserves a spot on the ground.... Probably should be captain of the side seeing as he won his clubs bnf and led them through the season undefeated, until the big day.

Also no room for the Laverton player Sam Young? I think he was unlucky to miss the team of the year and you havent found a spot for him either. Best on ground for Laverton the second time we played Yarra and kicked 3 second half goals off the half back flank to give us a shot at the come from behind win. As you can only pick players on the two times you've seen them play, I would have though he'd be a fair chance of sneaking into your side Cain?

You guys got lucky!
Thats all!
It's the same as last year in the AFL, the best team all year didn't win the grand final!

pppfffttt..........lucky.....so playing better footy on the day is lucky........?....i think not......parkside didnt rate deer park at all........that was the difference........not luck

im sure the hawks last season were up there with the best.......they were the best..........we are the best........this season.......:thumbsu:

Ease up boys just having a crack at it.

I think that side would preform well in Div 1 probally finsih mid table may push the last finals spot. Nathan is a champion player but i rate Endres, Willis and Robo as much better as midfielders and there very damaging attacking midfielders that kick goals. Nathan gets alot of ball but dont think he is a dmaging as the other 3 thats all.

The side was picked on games played against and results. Any1 else keen to have a go its very difficult.

Ease up boys just having a crack at it.

I think that side would preform well in Div 1 probally finsih mid table may push the last finals spot. Nathan is a champion player but i rate Endres, Willis and Robo as much better as midfielders and there very damaging attacking midfielders that kick goals. Nathan gets alot of ball but dont think he is a dmaging as the other 3 thats all.

The side was picked on games played against and results. Any1 else keen to have a go its very difficult.

juegan is a proven downhill skier getting it is one thing,using it is another just like in the big one when it counts he would of had about 15 pos that went nowhere and his man had 46 pos and won the medal for a BOG which stood out like dogs balls if your getting cut up like he was you have make a decision man up or swallow your pride and move yourself out of the middle which he never done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back