1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Finey is allright when he's not in one of his foul 'bogan' moods, and Born in the USA on Sunday nights is always great, I really wish they had Steve and Ed on more often on SEN , they are very easy going and don't take them selves too seriously (hello Doran ...)

I agree, Finey is okay; benign and one of the more objective regulars.

Steve and Ed are certainly better on the NBA than Gazey. He is terrible when they get him on for his "expertise". His degree of insight is about as extensive as the cover of a Hoops Magazine.

TBH other shows are just as bad. The pre-game wrap on other footy stations are probably worse than SEN for ads.

However the Morning Glory is a joke. It's a crud show anyway but you get about 20 minutes of content in an hour. For example from 7-8 would approximately be this
7:00-7:08 news and ads.
7:08-7:15 show
7:15 - 7:22 SEN news update which repeats what we heard 15 minutes ago. Or sometimes if a big interview happens on the show, they will tell you what just happened. Ads also
7:22 - 7:27 about 5 minutes of the show
7:27-7:30 ads
7:30 news

Rinse and repeat for the next 30 minutes. That's about 14 minutes per half an hour, 28 minutes per hour. And that's being ultra conservative in how long ads and news takes.
Nup, wrong: they don't have a second break at 7:27, or thereabouts, or 7:57, or 8:27, etc. They have the couple of ads stuck onto the two news breaks, then have the one long break during each half hour.

What is truely inteminable is the same 'sports update' every half hour, epspecially when it's being done by one of the try-hards like Matt Thompson. Gord, does he try to make the most of every second he has on air!! It shouldn't be called an update, but the "sports news repeat of what you've heard ten times already this morning and what you heard on the news ten mins ago."

And I dunno why they have two news breaks an hour in the morning. Maybe they're tied up with some deal with 3aw, or they just know they can kill another 5 mins; or Tim wants an extra coffee/pee break. :p

The ad marathon network has been given me the runs for 2 long.. Mark Doran speaking about curling "cause we need to broaden our sporting horizons" made me reach for the razor blades along with Patrick smith a complete oxygen thief.. The only reason I go back for more is my work firewall blocks podcast from 3AW & the BBC

You’re most hated ads:
UD Trucks
Steel and mesh
Conti tyres (cause the pizzas r gunna get cold)

Great signature P-Rub.:thumbsu:

"Septopia" - that one took off didn't it...? Apparently still travelling across the space/time continuum as a nebula sized fart.

Wasn't Demetriou's wife responsible for that Marketing genius?

Perhaps they could use it as the name for the Gold Coast Team or West Sydney...

Also that car ad with daniel harford spotting lemons. Can just about recite that ad verbatim (heh), but have no idea what company it's for. Some well spent dollars on their behalf, I'm sure.

I'm the same, I know all the ads but unless they've got a catchy jingle (hello National Builders!) I couldn't tell you what it was for.

Bring back the Holden Colorado where he changes his name to Magnus Awesome, and the original "Don't waste time on bogans and no shows".

Have to agree wholeheartedly.

Wanted to listen to morning glory one morning and the amount of adverts made it UNLISTENABLE

Ended up giving up. What was in between hardly made it worth while.

Nah, I don't think they have any more ads than anyone else; it just seems like it coz the agonisingly boring, long and repeated sports 'update' is tacked onto the ad breaks. They only have 2 ad breaks each hour in the morning -- which, inlcluding the sports 'update', goes for about 6 minutes -- plus the one or two ads after the news

Here you go for a media idea that would be a win/win for all concerned.

Get a major sponsor for half an hour of a show. Chop all of the ads in that period, and just have a top and tail sponsor ad, which basicaly said, "Microsoft value footy as much as you do. That's why we're bringing you the next half an hour ad free". Then obviously use some integrated content to spruik the same message.

That way listeners might regain some goodwill towards SEN

Clients can also push their brand message while, this is the perverse bit, gain listener credibility and kudos by positioning themselves as 'the company who's getting rid of ads.

And SEN gets to reduce the load of ads it drops on its listeners as well as the opportunity to develop a significant slab of content, which will further differentiate itself (in a meaningful way) from its competitors.

Too harsh, people.

KB's doomed-to-fail attempt to shame Richmond into hiring his old mate Sheeds was the funniest radio I've heard since Tony Martin and Mick Molloy were at their height.

And by paying The Ox to speak on radio, they're nobly demonstrating their credentials as an equal-opportunity employer.

Also, people who have rusted-out car bodies on their front lawns, crippling debts, too much/not enough hair, the need for rapidly-delivered steel mesh and aluminium, gearchange fatigue, floors that need tiling cheaply, and nagging fishwives as partners, need a radio station too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats with that DNK Office Supplies ad? Is that the most pointless ad you've ever heard? It doesn't even make any sense!!! Its terrible, and you hear it over and over and over again!

Sweet f*cking Jesus - if a friendly group of thugs hauled that bastard into a fast food joint on Chapel Street and beat the living s**t out of him I'd buy them all a beer.

Most. Annoying. a-hole. On. Radio.

Sounds like a fitting end to a night on the tiles.

Whats with that DNK Office Supplies ad? Is that the most pointless ad you've ever heard? It doesn't even make any sense!!! Its terrible, and you hear it over and over and over again!

Absolutely. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't understand whatever 'hillarious' point they're trying to make.

P.S - I would like to hear Frank Walker cover "Hello" by Lionel Ritchie.

The Four Diegos and Born In The USA are the only two shows I listen to now. Entertaining, and the presenters are 100 times more knowledgeable on their sports than most of the other hacks. If you can say "run and carry" and "the game will be won in the midfield" then you are a walk up "expert" on SEN nowadays.

For those of you who can listen to an iPod or similar in the car, jump onto Sportsentral.com.au and download the interviews from the various shows. No ads and you get to choose what you listen to when you want.

The best sports show on radio is between 12am and 3am on 1026am of a Saturday night / Sunday morning. It's the BBC Sportsworld Program and for insomniacs like me, it's gold ! :D

The Four Diegos and Born In The USA are the only two shows I listen to now. Entertaining, and the presenters are 100 times more knowledgeable on their sports than most of the other hacks. If you can say "run and carry" and "the game will be won in the midfield" then you are a walk up "expert" on SEN nowadays.

For those of you who can listen to an iPod or similar in the car, jump onto Sportsentral.com.au and download the interviews from the various shows. No ads and you get to choose what you listen to when you want.

The best sports show on radio is between 12am and 3am on 1026am of a Saturday night / Sunday morning. It's the BBC Sportsworld Program and for insomniacs like me, it's gold ! :D

Agree with Sportsworld, but Four Diegos? You can find more knowledgeable soccer punters on BigFooty. They are a disgrace to the sport, plain and simple.

As many already knew, SEN have shuffled things around a bit for 2017 and apart from the 2 morons on The Run Home, I don't mind it.

Breakfast - Garry Lyon, Tim Watson, Hamish McLachlan, Sam McClure.
Cameos from Mike Sheahan, Bob Murphy, Huddo
Mornings - KB
Afternoons - Francis Leach
Drive - David Schwarz and Mark Allen
Evenings - Mark Fine

Garry looks like he's about to drop this seasons dopest folk solo album.

Eagle_Image_-_Dave_Goudie-1.JPG

Nice Garry....good beard for radio. It will need to come off for conservative Ch.9 and Footy Classified though.

Sam McClure across from 3AW is a surprise. Very self-confident millennial bloke who loves the nickname "Scoop", but has missed just about every breaking story this year.

Not sure what the SEN breakfast slot is rating now (around 4%?) but it would need to go close to doubling to justify the expense of these four - not cheap I imagine!!

Looking forward to the breakfast show.

Ill tune in the morning and arvo.

Kb is okay I guess.

Francis is a *head.

Marko and Ox are great together. Both know next to nothing which makes it good listening.

Finey is a laugh but rude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back