Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 31, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Statement from the MPFL:

"The MPFL Commissioner, Chairman, CEO, General Manager, President, Arch-bishop, Director, Shareholder, Coach and all round good guy the honourable mongrelpunt wishes to congratulate the following 8 teams on their qualification in the 2003 MPFL Finals Series."

"The MPFL03 Finals Series will be played over the next 4 weeks, with the "inferior" AFL Finals System to be employed to determine the draw:"

First Qualifying Final
(1st) Richmond v (4th) Werribee

Second Qualifying Final
(2nd) Chuck Swans v (3rd) Fremantle

First Elimination Final
(5th) Geelong v (8th) Melbourne

Second Elimination Finalnal
(6th) Team Red & Blue v (7th) Kangaroos

"The MPFL send Gunnedah and the Western Bulldogs their comiserations, missing the finals on percentage. The MPFL also wishes these clubs and the other 6 - Essendon, Glebe Power, Fitzroy, Coburg, Hawthorn and Collingwood all the best on their "Mad Tuesday" celebrations."

Statement Ends.

mongrelpunt
MPFL Overlord.

We go in to this week’s game against the MPFL’s best team, Richmond, with confidence, because we gave Richmond its only loss in the regular season. However, we realise that we need to get in some form, getting players scoring over 100, and getting 10 above 60 points. If we happen to lose, though, we will be hoping that Geelong beats Melbourne, as we have also defeated Geelong, and Melbourne handed us our biggest defeat of the season.

It'll be a tough game against chuck next week, but if Spider Burton can make his way back onto the list it will add some much needed depth. I've had a few players going down with injury in recent weeks and will be without Daniel Haines for the rest of the season who has gone down with a knee injury. With alot of my squad made out of Fremantle players, It could be important that we have a home game this week, just another injustice in the WAFC's finals agreement with the Subiaco council.

Chucks in a bit of trouble. Only having 18 or 19 players the last 3 or 4 weeks has been really disappointing, and the same players just arent performing week in week out. The winner of the game is sadly going to come down to how well Freos players perform. But if all my players play well, which hasnt happened all year, and I get a couple of ins this week, we'll win.

And FD, you may be advantaged by Fremanlte having a home game, but Ive got Cook and McPharlin! Go Chuck!

Originally posted by blueworms
Chucks in a bit of trouble. Only having 18 or 19 players the last 3 or 4 weeks has been really disappointing, and the same players just arent performing week in week out. The winner of the game is sadly going to come down to how well Freos players perform. But if all my players play well, which hasnt happened all year, and I get a couple of ins this week, we'll win.

And FD, you may be advantaged by Fremanlte having a home game, but Ive got Cook and McPharlin! Go Chuck!

Once again freo players are forced out of the team to become stars in another side, keeping with our proud trading history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back