AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - 200th game against Richmond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering his fitness challenges on the journey, it’s great to see him get to 200. Dreamtime at the G is a great way to celebrate it.

Have a good one Jake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will always be indebted to this man. It was he and Devon Smith that gave us back our swagger ( Hooky as well) We needed that arrogance, that class. Like Dyson Heppell, I’ll never bag the man. Merv Neagle is my all time favourite. He was hard, he was classy, he had swag. Jake is my modern day Merv. ****ing love him.

I will always be indebted to this man. It was he and Devon Smith that gave us back our swagger ( Hooky as well) We needed that arrogance, that class. Like Dyson Heppell, I’ll never bag the man. Merv Neagle is my all time favourite. He was hard, he was classy, he had swag. Jake is my modern day Merv. ******* love him.
So true.

Think Devon Smith may not be so well remembered by some players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will always be indebted to this man. It was he and Devon Smith that gave us back our swagger ( Hooky as well) We needed that arrogance, that class. Like Dyson Heppell, I’ll never bag the man. Merv Neagle is my all time favourite. He was hard, he was classy, he had swag. Jake is my modern day Merv. ******* love him.
The basket case we would have been without Stringer could have been approaching North proportions. He dragged us over the line so many times in close games. I think some of the criticism has been unfair - like last year when he couldn't do 4 months of pre season due to the Pickett inflicted head injury. Then plantar fascitis where it is impossible to move properly. Despite that he gave us the GWS and the Geelong MCG performances early on, and the unselfish pass to Durham in the Dreamtime match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back