AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather Jye's debut to not be sub

Nonsense. If they want energy and a bit of spark in the sub role and he’s the best man for the job then he’s the best man for the job.

Nonsense. If they want energy and a bit of spark in the sub role and he’s the best man for the job then he’s the best man for the job.
Nah. Debut game as sub is crap.

Nah. Debut game as sub is crap.

It’s not ideal but if we’re fair dinkum about not giving out games for sentimental reasons to departing players then same logic applies IMO.

I want us to be a ruthless killing machine all the time, not just when it suits

It’s not ideal but if we’re fair dinkum about not giving out games for sentimental reasons to departing players then same logic applies IMO.

I want us to be a ruthless killing machine all the time, not just when it suits
What has a first game player as sub got to do with being ruthless ?
If you want to take advantage of it then you do not use a first game player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has a first game player as sub got to do with being ruthless ?
If you want to take advantage of it then you do not use a first game player.

Keep the emotion and the fact it would be his first game out of it and pick the best side.

Of the 4 on the emergency list he is by far the best option to be the sub given Perkins is short of a gallop, it’s a no brainer IMO

Keep the emotion and the fact it would be his first game out of it and pick the best side.

Of the 4 on the emergency list he is by far the best option to be the sub given Perkins is short of a gallop, it’s a no brainer IMO
Nope. Football is an emotional game, especially for things like a player's debut.

In a situation like Lord fair enough but only in those situations IMO

Who says he is in the best side ? If you are ruthless then you pick a sub that may play a few spots.

I hate the sub debut. You end up not using them half the time and they “debut” without actually getting on the park. ******* joke and not surprised this is the third time our pathetic excuse for a club has done it this year.

Imagine the let down of wearing the jumper for the first time, having a game against you in the official records but not actually even getting an opportunity to take part in the contest. I know they probably do it cos they’re not sure his fitness level but we’ve carried Stringer, Francis and co for years, we can have another unfit bloke out there.

Anyway, rant over. Go well young fella, hope you get the chance to show your wares

Last edited:
Sub debut is so s**t, disappointing this is the 2nd time this year we've pulled this crap, should be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back