Senior 5. Adam Cerra

Remove this Banner Ad

That press conference video the club has put it is a must watch.

If you watch that and don't get excited, I don't know what will.

These are what got me counting the days for Round 1:

1. Cerra. He is a guy that knows what he wants. Obviously highly intelligent and very relatable regarding family bond. He seems to be the kind that is well liked as a person, as a teammate and as a coachable player. He also seems to see what we're all starting to see in the club. That shift into a new direction. There seems to be a collective that felt missing this season. He can see that and wants to be part of it.

2. Most impressive thing about that interview is not only what Crippa did in reaching out and talking to him, but it wasn't Cripps selling the club to Cerra, it was Cerra trying to get to know the club. His mind was already made up by then.

3. Another thing that got me excited was the comment that Cripps is "very excited about the Direction the club is taking". This spoke volumes. It said that Cripps wasn't really satisfied with the previous coach/coaching (which has been rumoured) and that he is very happy and is excited that we went for the Voss solution.

4. Melbourne was never really into the equation. He seems set on Carlton and saw himself only here.

5. For whatever reason I actually think his girlfriend and her family played a role in him choosing us really early on. I mean a Carlton supporting family and Carlton is the first and at the start only option, of course they would say a word here and there. So when we start to know who she is from B&F and Brownlow attendance, she'll always be my favourite.
I have a son the same age and heard through his friends that know Adam that Adam was shattered to be drafted interstate and was always coming home.

Looking forward to now having players that can kick inside 50. Get LOB Cunners, Cerra, Stocker, Saad, Williams and Newman and our forwards are going to be scoring more freely. Just need to fix the defensive pressure lacking as a result of Betts and Murphy being inside 50 and it should function

Cerra looks every bit the player. He's very well balanced . Got a bit of Simon Black about him. I haven't seen enough of him though. We've seen some really really solid players come in and flop so i really hope with Vossy and some cups of concrete we can harden up a bit. I gotta say those highlights of George Hewett really impressed me. His body work is excellent. And he seems to know how to position himself and work the angles. I actually think he's gonna be the most impressive pick up. Yeah we got the Ferrari in Cerra. Fantastic. But Hewett's the one . The trusty ol FJ cruiser. Good luck to them both.

Easily worth a first rounder
watch em dive under the seat when he's tearing it up with vanilla - a whole lot of vanilla with cherra on top.............

check his highlights in that link - the core strength! the delivery! you indignant brutes, you salacious precursors, you incandescent pipe-cleaners........

I am pretty sure the pick will be pick 8 after pushbacks anyway, just turned 22, with 76 games of quality development under his back

With our current list age and demographic, it was the perfect trade for us, I don't want us to be like Dodo where we feel like we have to fleece clubs in trades to feel better about ourselves.

With his precision kicking ability and ability to kick goals like a cork in an ocean (as Den Cometti was fond of saying) I honestly am flabbergasted at anyone we paid overs for Cerra.

I would widely guess the odds of Freo picking up a player as good/more talented than Cerra with the pick we gave up for AC (plus our future 3rd round pick) as around the 5 % mark ish

Very comfortable in saying Cerra will the best player/recruit from another club we have gotten since Chris Judd, absolutely. Some critics of this trade (from our end) will end up with a Baker's Dozen or so (egg) on their faces

Very comfortable in saying Cerra will the best player/recruit from another club we have gotten since Chris Judd, absolutely. Some critics of this trade (from our end) will end up with a Baker's Dozen or so (egg) on their faces
Look, I hope this is true. And I agree with the rest of your post.

BUT! I think we're missing a bit of respect for Sam Docherty here. Pick in the 30s traded for a captain and AA. He was an absolute bargain of a trade.

Cerra may well reach Doch's heights, but AA + Carlton Captain is a pretty high bar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUT! I think we're missing a bit of respect for Sam Docherty here. Pick in the 30s traded for a captain and AA. He was an absolute bargain of a trade.

Cerra may well reach Doch's heights, but AA + Carlton Captain is a pretty high bar.

Yeah fair and valid comment. Docherty is an extraordinary player, leader and human being for our club and footy in general.

I am pretty sure the pick will be pick 8 after pushbacks anyway, just turned 22, with 76 games of quality development under his back

With our current list age and demographic, it was the perfect trade for us, I don't want us to be like Dodo where we feel like we have to fleece clubs in trades to feel better about ourselves.

With his precision kicking ability and ability to kick goals like a cork in an ocean (as Den Cometti was fond of saying) I honestly am flabbergasted at anyone we paid overs for Cerra.

I would widely guess the odds of Freo picking up a player as good/more talented than Cerra with the pick we gave up for AC (plus our future 3rd round pick) as around the 5 % mark ish

His 2021 is even better.

The original silk retires..........

This boy is the heir apparent . Silky pure skills, guts, strength and Italian to boot. 😍

Bravo, Bravo, welcome to town Adam , you are gonna be a favorite son. :thumbsu:

Love this post.

Doc’s has an unfortunate and difficult journey over the last 3 years or so, and it’s easy to forget that he was an all Australian in 2017 and a B&F in 2016.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back